• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No, just a character in Assault Spy.
I dunno man, looks suspiciously similar to the Hendrix chaise lounge
hendrix-chaise-lounge.jpg

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assault Spy is awesome, I think I'll get it to hold me over until DMC5.

Also "Unchained Woolie" able to talk about Stopman on stream had me in fucking stitches.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
damnit woolie specifically ignored my advice and didn't go with the punchgirl

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
In unrelated news I'm surprised to learn animated gaming-parody videos are still a thing on YouTube. You know the type, with the gurning faces and stale 'this wouldn't make sense in real life' jokes. I thought that kind of content went the way of the dodo, but here they are making a big comeback in my video recommendations. Oh well, makes a nice change from long-winded video essays fighting against 'SJWs in media'. I swear, the YouTube algorithm goes to hell the moment you look at anything gaming related.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I really wish there were compilations of Liam's stream playthroughs.

Want to watch the KH stuff since the SBFs left me high and dry but that is ALOT to fricking go through.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Holy shit that entire DK64 was fucking unreal, and it was great to see so many many MANY people come together (Paige also did a shoutout to it and even scolded her followers who were going "don't make it political", so hey, credit where credit is due ,shoutout to her !)

Think we can have a omikron playthrough next year ? I wanna have hbomb ask Jeremy Corbyn on discord what to do with the green goo to move the rock

Last edited:

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Matt had much more enthusiasm for his solo stuff than the channel stuff for a good while before it died.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Well they can eat shit since because we have an official voice of Donkey kong going TRANS RIGHTS, OHKEY, and it is now canon

Last edited:

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Also the DSP talk on CSB made me go back and relisten a great podcast moment with Pat and Slowbeef, which was years ago. I still laugh at how baffled they are when DSP basically sent a signed copy of FF13 that was just the box, not even the game with it

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Also the DSP talk on CSB made me go back and relisten a great podcast moment with Pat and Slowbeef, which was years ago. I still laugh at how baffled they are when DSP basically sent a signed copy of FF13 that was just the box, not even the game with it
Got any idea which episode it was? That sounds like a great bit to listen to.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I've seen a bunch of Paige's "fans" have a little meltdown on twitter yesterday, actually, because she dared to shout it out too
It's been fun watching the divide between the ones who were totally behind it speaking up and the ones against it just flat out unfollowing/unsubscribing. More channels need a good culling like that every now and then...

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really wanna see DK become the new symbol of the left...

Wait a second..."Donkey" Kong. Damn it was right in front of us the whole time!

And the color of his tie...whoa.

Oct 25, 2017
I won't give Paige credit for the Trans rights tweet but I will give her credit for calling out her followers. That's just my two cents.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
I still can't believe how fucking Ja Rule is trying to play it off when he is being ACTUALLY HEARD ON TAPE ON HOW TO SPIN IT, WHAT THE FUCK

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Annihilation is a very good movie and my bullshit detector did not ding a single time when watching it. I'm prepared to not at all relate to or agree with whatever the argument here is. I swear to god if it's "this one character was scared and confused and didn't behave in the optimal way that would have guaranteed survival" i'm going to skip that segment outright.

EDIT: don't wanna be too negative cause i've been overall enjoying the podcast during my commute, but Woolie's thing about Hitman was really weird.

#1: it's almost all about social stealth.

#2: what you can do is not determined by the basic verbs you have, but by the level design. It's so incredibly intricate and well-made and his description of it made it clear he only understood the game on the lowest possible level, not what it's like when all that clockwork design comes together. The idea that you could make the game feel "fresh" by putting in a character with a wall-jump or some shit is ridiculous. 47 can already do anything a character in that game would need to be able to do. (Which doesn't exclude there being different character SKINS, but that's another story.)

#3: 47 is interesting in that he's this hyper-serious guy who's both incredibly inconspicuous and the embodiment of suspicion, and then he dresses up in wacky outfits and has to play along with the people he's trying to subvert or kill. Tobias Rieper (47's hillarious default alias whenever he has to give his name) is the character, 47 is just the driving force. Woolie doesn't really know anything about these last two hitman games so i get why he doesn't know, but the way they've leaned into the absurdity and menace of 47 is the absolute perfect fit for the kind of sense of humor the games have always had in stuff like guard conversations and whatnot.

#4: also pat you can totally complete challenges like the assault rifle one "silently", as long as you isolate your target and hide the body before anyone investigating the shots can find it + you. "silent assassin" doesn't mean "nobody heard a loud bang", it just means nobody had knowledge of an intentional murder or physical assault happening, and only the target was killed.

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Woolie mentioned White Snake having CDs before they were invented but CDs would have been a thing by 1987.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
... they tried sending planes and shit over it. they didn't come back. they tried sending drones and cameras in. they lost contact. They sent people with issues in because they know it's likely a suicide mission, and these are the sorts of people who volunteer for suicide missions. that is an explicit theme that two characters have a full direct conversation about.

the CG alien at the end was good. it looked like a gal in a suit, which is exactly what it should look like, as an amorphous shapeshifter attempting to get its mimicry down.

this whole thing of implying the movie wasn't even trying to resonate on a literal level just because it didn't for you is just exhausting to listen to.

The mystery of the field is that its LITERAL FUNCTION is not just a metaphor, but WORKS like a metaphor. eh. it was mildly frustrating to listen to but whatever.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Plague isn't the guest for every episode of Woolie Will Figure It Out because he's so annoyingly negative about literally every aspect of these failed creations...

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Had to skip a good 15 minutes or so of CSB cause I still haven't seen Annihilation yet. I didn't go see it in theaters cause I was waiting for it to come to Netflix. Well the joke is on me, cause that shit still isn't on US Netflix. What the fuckkkkkk.

The Fyre segment is super strong
Woolie's Ja Rule impression had me in fucking tears.

Oct 25, 2017
Annihilation bit wasn't too bad. it was mostly nitpicking on one very specific part and a general discussion of the more literal aspect of the movie which Woolie had a problem with. I still rolled my eyes but whateves. It did remind me that I didn't actually love the movie when I first watched it, but it must have stuck with me well cause I only remember the good.