• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it could work as long as releasing quality games afterwards removed your quotation marks.
I guess. I've just found shit like this to basically equal "I don't like game they made, I know of at least director or so who have left so fuck everyone else who works there, they don't count or matter".

Like shit according to these dudes I guess it should be """"""Capcom"""""" and """"Obsidian"""" then right?

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess. I've just found shit like this to basically equal "I don't like game they made, I know of at least director or so who have left so fuck everyone else who works there, they don't count or matter".

Like shit according to these dudes I guess it should be """"""Capcom"""""" and """"Obsidian"""" then right?
To be fair, they were very down on Capcom for a while

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone else find Giorno as the shadow leader protagonist kind of fascinating? Like i get that buccaratti is cool, but obviously he's there to be a joestar-like foil to a dioish character, and its a dynamic unlike anything weve seen in the series. Those moments of silent communication and the kind of confused feeling the rest of the group is getting about what the power dynamic actually is.

Buccaratti embodies the ideal of the noble gangster giorno wants to aspire to in the first place. In a lot of ways giorno is the more human character, wheras buccaratti is almost mythical. I don't know, this just really feels like my favorite season so far in terms of characters and the basic structure being defined and refined

EDIT: i do understand that bruno is also an extremely hot goth bf, and i would never argue hes not the most attractive of the group

Last edited:

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I want Liam and Woolie to co-host a MtG Arena stream in which Woolie desperately tries to apply Yomi principles to Magic while Liam just sits there smirking.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
That's a really interesting take. I never considered Giorno as being a shadow leader, just...overshadowed by Bruno.
There are just so many moments where Giorno takes charge without looking to Bruno for approval. Im thinking of that time when bruno is preparing to say that hes going to go to the island to kill the Kraftwerk dude and giorno says it before he can, and hes kind of unsettled because he was expecting to be the one who fills that role.

Giorno defeated Buccaratti and enlisted HIM, not the other way around. Its less like Giorno joined the gang, and more like the gang joined Giorno. Only thing is, none of them actually know its like that except buccaratti, because obviously that would be both suspicious and controversial.

Its interesting to note that none of the gang has any idea what these two are intending re: the boss. You'd expect these types of characters to know the ultimate goal by the time shit's about to get serious, but the fact that they're just going to get thrown into it is kind of exciting

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
pats working on something and i'll bet a majillion dollars its a dmcv lp

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'll go in a different direction and say Pat is working on his own Autoblow prototype. Gotta make sure someone else doesn't hold a monopoly, right?

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Not gonna say anything specific, but if some of the shit in this episode of jojo is what i think it is, then i now completely understand what giorno's role is in this story

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017

Final episode of Jet Set Radiooo!
Man, I like the music history aspect of both this and Katamari. Hope Woolie and Reggie keep a theme going for their LP's.
Now off to Jet Set Radio Future.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
That Degrees of Separation LP......

Woolie and Minh definitely have chemistry problems

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
That Degrees of Separation LP......

Woolie and Minh definitely have chemistry problems
im reading the youtube comments to this before watching and man, am i excited.

EDIT: I think this video maybe demonstrated that woolie relies too much on being given unlimited rope to tell his jokes. nothing he was trying to say really NEEDED that style of back and forth long setup. Also Minh's reactions were often kind of a lot funnier than whatever woolie was going for.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit that degrees of segregation video is like a David Lynch film. It's so layered and has so many levels to it. The bumbling of easy puzzles. Woolie trying to force long jokes, Billy undercutting said jokes, the sand bagging being funnier than the joke ever was. Woolie trying to do Pat-esque banter with someone who doesn't understand it and then trying to explain it to him. The immense amounts of cringe, lack of synergy and the video ending in an actual argument.

Usually a video like this would be frustrating but all these elements fuse to make something bafflingly hilarious.

The game itself is a metaphor for the comedic barrier seperating Woolie and Minh. Seriously guys watch this video. This is art.

Oct 25, 2017
I played through all dmc games (including 2) on normal and hard as prep for DMCV. That's dmc2 four times. That game sucks even harder than I remember from when I was teen.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
is dmc2 to dmc3 the biggest franchise recovery in history

Aug 27, 2018
I legit had no idea DMC V was coming out this week. I've only ever played 4 and DmC, pretty excited for it though. Hope Pat and Woolie, or Woolie and Matt...or Woolie and Liam do an LP.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
it's going to be a fun LP, so glad they broke the emergency glass

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Matt took Lucky Charms Frosted Flakes down to size. Such a disappointment.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Periodical random jojo nonsequitur speculation: It seems unlikely that king crimson affects the entire world, due to the fact it could mean millions of simultaneous accidents, such as car crashes or botched plane landings, ect. Does this then mean it only affects time in a radius around it? ie giorno and crew are now several seconds out of step with the rest of time? Or does it actually only erase short term memories in a radius around the user and not actually affect time beyond the user's perception of it?

The thing i love about king crimson, and what i was not expecting, is that its complexity is almost entirely on a metaphysical and existential level. Its very simple to understand what's effectively happening, but not to understand what it means, and unlike other stands, its very nature actively brings these questions to the forefront.

Deeks

Oct 27, 2017
Periodical random jojo nonsequitur speculation: It seems unlikely that king crimson affects the entire world, due to the fact it could mean millions of simultaneous accidents, such as car crashes or botched plane landings, ect. Does this then mean it only affects time in a radius around it? ie giorno and crew are now several seconds out of step with the rest of time? Or does it actually only erase short term memories in a radius around the user and not actually affect time beyond the user's perception of it?

The thing i love about king crimson, and what i was not expecting, is that its complexity is almost entirely on a metaphysical and existential level. Its very simple to understand what's effectively happening, but not to understand what it means, and unlike other stands, its very nature actively brings these questions to the forefront.
They would just not remember driving their car or landing the plane, they still do the action in the 'deleted' time. It's more that sense of walking down the road and realizing that you can't remember a part of your walk.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
They would just not remember driving their car or landing the plane, they still do the action in the 'deleted' time. It's more that sense of walking down the road and realizing that you can't remember a part of your walk.
but if time catches up at the moment when you're in the middle of merging or something, and you don't even remember starting to merge, who's to say you wouldn't either jerk the wheel straight due to being disoriented, or over-correct and slam into the adjacent lane because you don't remember having merged.

Who's to say a pilot might not disengage the landing gear because they don't remember having engaged it? (assuming the control for those two actions is the same button, and not a switch.) maybe more realistically, what's the percentage chance that a million people immediately take an unsafe dose of medication because they don't remember having already taken it in that 5 second period that no longer exists?

It's not as if people don't notice the compression of time, abbaccio was visibly confused and hesitated at finishing the sentence he was trying to say when he appeared to have teleported.

it's possible the potential implications are just never addressed, and it is something most people just never notice. but the way it was portrayed from the gang's perspective just makes my brain break.

I'm not a "oh no plothole" type of guy, i honestly don't care if these details aren't important, it's just that the way that this show has trained me to think about powers and special abilities inevitably sends me down this rabbit hole. because like, who knows, it might actually end up being important to the story?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
4a2.png