• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
My simple understanding is that King Crimson doesn't erase time itself, just that it will erase the perception of said time to nearby people when used. Additionally, you could simply say that stand users are more sensible to actually noticing the effect, while just regular people or people not actually being in a sense of awareness of stands or such powers just do not notice the skipped time, so you wouldn't have car crashes since they'd just continue their actions and not notice once the power is over.

Honestly, I think it's brilliant. Like Pat and Woolie said on the podcast, it's a terrifying power on one hand (giving you a timeout of 5 seconds to basically do whatever you want without being noticed and without the person being aware of that time is so much more interesting than a pure time stop), but it puts a very clear limitation and way of beating the villain. It makes sense that he cannot take on several stand users at the same time, and he's still susceptible to potential ruses. It makes the puzzle of beating him incredibly interesting.

Honestly, for all the memes of "how does king crimson works", I find it surprisingly easy to understand ? It's way less far fetched than previous stands we've seen this part. Hell, it definitively makes WAY more sense in practice than Giorno's stupid stand

Oct 25, 2017
I was about to say the same thing. King Crimson makes sense to me. Giorno's stand is way more deserving of the "how does this work?" meme. Shit doesn't make any sense or have any consistency.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
The King Crimson "It Just Works" meme largely originates from the god-awful early English translation. The explanations of how KC functioned were butchered and became more convoluted than the original Japanese, so many Western readers were forced to analyze King Crimson through that lens. It grew into a meme off the back of that.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
"I HAVE PLANTED THE TURTLE'S ADN ON THIS OBJECT SO NOW I CAN TRANSFORM IT INTO THE SAME TURTLE WHO ALSO HAS THE SAME STAND POWER"

Abbachio was right. Giorno is stupid

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Recent Sekiro previews made me remember those parts in the DS3 LP where they consulted a step-by-step guide to not miss out on stuff, because that's what everyone who watched demanded back then. I'd prefer them going in blind when they decide to stream any new game. Sekiro seems to have something akin to world tendency, and the consequences of that are hinted at to be massive, all the forks it can go and stuff going awry when going into these games blind is strong with this one as well. Big Anxiety about the fate of your NPCs go up. I always thought that getting bent out of shape with the endings you get by going in blind is dumb , if it bothers you and you can't accept the result that much you can't go in blind then.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
And bloody palace isn't even out yet, Pat has been going at it hard, thankfully Woolie's reactions are what truly counts, it will be quite the week.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
The effects of King Crimson can only be noticed by Stand Users. Fixed.
So what, everyone else remembers exactly what happened? Or the power is actually mind reading/wiping? Both options seem like it handicaps the power significantly and doesnt fit with how its described at all.

The way i think of it is that time flows linearly between one point and five seconds after that point. The intervening 5 seconds never existed, but the user of king crimson can view from their perspective what occurred in the nonexistent time. I do understand that the memes were overblown, but i haven't been going off those at all; ive just been taking information as it comes and trying to think about what it means.

---

I dunno, man, i kind of love giorno's power. He feels like one of the weird-ass enemy stands from part 3, but given time to develop the weirdness. I love how pretty much every fight he has he figures out something new he can do. It feels a lot like how hamon and vamprism was used, where its this nebulous powerset with tons of untapped potential.

I especially love what appeared to happen near the end of the most recent episode. That shit jotaro said to josuke feels even more dumb now

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i can't fucking wait

also the reason i knew pat was playing last week was I ran into his ghost data a few times. missed on getting a screenshot though.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
It won't be a surprise to him I bet because the internet was basically like YEAHHHHHHHHH and I doubt Woolie will escape any of that. but he'll still be hyped.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest, I'm surprised it took this long for one of them to get a patreon. Anyways, i'm doing well enough now finally, i can probs afford throwing in five bucks to Matt and a few others.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
So what, everyone else remembers exactly what happened? Or the power is actually mind reading/wiping? Both options seem like it handicaps the power significantly and doesnt fit with how its described at all.

The way i think of it is that time flows linearly between one point and five seconds after that point. The intervening 5 seconds never existed, but the user of king crimson can view from their perspective what occurred in the nonexistent time. I do understand that the memes were overblown, but i haven't been going off those at all; ive just been taking information as it comes and trying to think about what it means.

The real answer is a wizard did it. For real though a lot of the stand powers rules don't really hold up if you think about them too hard. It's pretty obvious he just thought up some cool powers and then just worked backwards for the explanations.

So Pat will know pretty much everything while Woolie goes into DMC V semi blind then?

Pat spoils himself on the things he's interested in anyway. so that was a given.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
watching dmc sbf compilations and man i caaaan't waaaaaaaaitttttttt for dmc5 play

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not watching yet since I want to play it myself first but can anyone tell me if Pat went in blind with Woolie as well? I know Pat has a ton of hours already but I'm not sure if that was him playing solo or them starting the LP ahead of time.

Oct 25, 2017
Not watching yet since I want to play it myself first but can anyone tell me if Pat went in blind with Woolie as well? I know Pat has a ton of hours already but I'm not sure if that was him playing solo or them starting the LP ahead of time.

I think Pat said he's played the game 3 times through already. Woolies went in blind.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
lol where did he even find the time. He must have got a pretty early copy from Capcom because god damn

he had it at least a week ago cos I saw his save data floating around in there on saturday via the cameo system

i mean, frankly, i've played 30 hours of it in the last week and a half (and like 24 of yakuza kiwami) and i have a fulltime job that doesn't let me play games. I don't know where the time came from but it appeared!

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course Pat beat the game like 5 times in a week. You think he's literally done anything but sleep 2 hours a day and play this shit since it came out?

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would love for Woolie to stop doing the autism "ree" jokes during the podcast, it makes me want to stop listening.
I'd like to think he's referencing the JoJo one
Yeah, it's more of Dio's WRYYYYYYY than any autism joke. It's not like him to do that.
yeah it doesnt really seem like his style. that being said, you should probably shoot him a tweet or email about it if you feel its not.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Glad one of them is blind and one has apparently played their hands off. Those were usually the best lps.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
For a game they were both extremely hyped for and since it's already a series they are pretty familiar with, I would have been fine with both being blind.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
do you think we can get a live action cutscene watchthrough afterwards

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
all these ads

i watched a guy accidentally cut his balls like 5 times in this episode

Oct 25, 2017
This feels like counter-programming, though I'm probably just imagining it.

Also someone here has posted a topic using the term 'shlooter', and I'm dying a little inside.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just became a patron of Matt's patreon. First patreon I've donated to and probably gonna be the only one for at least a while.