• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Woolie getting lost in linear levels and Pat trying not to lose his damn mind.

*sniffs*

It's like for one, brief moment, the world was pure again.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I had managed to kick the habit but this playthrough is making me relapse and going through withdrawal between updates.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
jesus fucking christ

i've been playing DMCV for the last 6 hours

im sure the RE Engine is expensive as fuck, but holy shit is it fucking pretty

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
The era of streaming and being able to binge on hours and hours of uploads at a time has radically changed people's expectations for what they want out of a videogame channel, tbh. It's bad that Woolie again feels pressured due to aggressive comments but the old LP drip-feed style feels incredibly out of date these days, like it or not.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the comments don't get him down. I enjoy the uploads but not at the expense of heir enjoyment as well.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Minh's comment in EP3:
Hello everyone. Today, we're releasing all recorded episodes throughout the day, 1 episode every 30 minutes, until we run out of episodes. After that, you guys will have to wait until the next recording session, so please enjoy our other videos in the meantime. Have a nice DMC5 pizza day! -Minh T.
Sure looks like it's due to demand, fuck those negative comments.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Woolie didn't do this. As much as I like having so many uploads now, it just gave the whiners what they wanted.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
It's a shame Woolie had to give in to the pressure yet at the same time releasing the episodes in 20 minute chunks every other day was never going to be a popular idea. It's the most drip-feed of drip-feeds possible and it being a collab with Pat in old-LP style was going to draw in a crowd that completely overshadowed Woolie's solo content. People are always going to complain but had they been released in like 45 minute videos once a day, I doubt it would've became as big of a deal.

It's sad though because I feel like this will only make Woolie do less collaborations with Pat on his channel in the future.

Deeks

Oct 27, 2017
Man, fuck this fanbase. I don't care if people wanted more DMCV or not, that doesn't justify brigading all his other videos like complete fucks.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
qd3o4inybcl21.png

Gestahl

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's a shame Woolie had to give in to the pressure yet at the same time releasing the episodes in 20 minute chunks every other day was never going to be a popular idea. It's the most drip-feed of drip-feeds possible and it being a collab with Pat in old-LP style was going to draw in a crowd that completely overshadowed Woolie's solo content. People are always going to complain but had they been released in like 45 minute videos once a day, I doubt it would've became as big of a deal.

It's sad though because I feel like this will only make Woolie do less collaborations with Pat on his channel in the future.
I don't know why he didn't go with the time tested 1h-1&1/2h 1st video and 30-40 minute odd chunks after method.

Lmao ep 10 is literally almost 15 min out of 20 of faffing around in the skill menu, how was that ever going to fly on a regular schedule

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they would've been better off with a stream, especially with the amount of time they spend in menus. Then there would be no worrying about uploads like this.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
I don't know why he didn't go with the time tested 1h-1&1/2h 1st video and 30-40 minute odd chunks after method.

Lmao ep 10 is literally almost 15 min out of 20 of faffing around in the skill menu, how was that ever going to fly on a regular schedule

Yeah, I'm not in any way excusing the complaining and trollish comments they get, I'm just confused at Woolie's reading of the room on this one. All of these episodes are really short and some of them have almost no real progress in them. Some of them are largely just them in menus. I love them and their videos together - this doesn't bother me that much because I watched KOTOR and boy am I used to menus - but how could he not expect this? It's the least surprising thing ever to put out videos this short, not even daily, and get push-back from an audience more conditioned to binging on hours of stream content than ever.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Woolie all you need was longer video's and not waste time watching a dumb recap when most of your audience knows these games already especially when you already played those games months ago.

So don't spend a lot of times in menu's for this game, that's LP poison.

Oct 25, 2017
Woolie all you need was longer video's and not waste time watching a dumb recap when most of your audience knows these games already especially when you already played those games months ago.

So don't spend a lot of times in menu's for this game, that's LP poison.

But can you call it LP poison when the next part is already right there? Like the issue with that was usually that it took time away from progress and you'd have to wait a few days for them to get to the cool bit. But that's not the case so far. They've just got the next video right there.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People complaining and criticizing must be new to Best Friends LPs. Either that, or dumb as rocks.

Watch another vid or play the game yourself instead of trying to make Woolie feel like shit like you did with Liam. Impatient stupid motherfuckers, you're lucky we get anything after the channel died.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
People complaining and criticizing must be new to Best Friends LPs. Either that, or dumb as rocks.

Watch another vid or play the game yourself instead of trying to make Woolie feel like shit like you did with Liam. Impatient stupid motherfuckers, you're lucky we get anything after the channel died.

I think Woolie can handle annoying youtube comments (which are like 5% of all comments) after a decade of doing this

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
This was probably a little overboard, but there's definitely a bunch of time in menus and such so releasing at least several episodes at a time is probably for the best.

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
I'm completely out of the dark with DMC5 LP cause I still haven't played it yet and am planning to, but just checked the uploads and he's uploading like crazy and seems he's frustrated in general. Maybe a stream format would've been better for longer sessions.

This would've happened with or without pat because a decent part of the fanbase are annoying as fuck.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I knew the fanbase would be obnoxious as fuck about this. I've already been accidentally spoiled on stuff because people can't shut the fuck up and keep it in their pants for a day after the game comes out.

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they are so lucky they got to play (I assume) most of the game before it came out, because there's no way either of them would have made it to the end without getting most of it spoiled for them lol

Oct 25, 2017
I get the desire to avoid spoilers but I don't feel there was ever really much to spoil about DMC5 tbh. In a weird way, it's pretty painted by the numbers, hitting all the boxes fans wanted to see.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The game is such a love letter to the series in general. Them being huge fans, it would be a bummer if they got it all spoiled for them (and not just plot stuff)