• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Will Woolie go solo or will Pat hang around to react to spoilers that won't happen in the book.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pat's latest youtube VOD is apparently more than an hour long, with a clickbait title and 6 minutes of gameplay. I know he wants to interact with his chat that pays his bills, but why even bother saying you're playing a game at that point.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
If only Woolie had also seen that thread on etc on RaimiMan being integrated into the MCU instead of Holland. We would be seeing ascended rage Woolie.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Pat's latest youtube VOD is apparently more than an hour long, with a clickbait title and 6 minutes of gameplay. I know he wants to interact with his chat that pays his bills, but why even bother saying you're playing a game at that point.
It was a fairly entertaining time when it was live since the title is basically precisely what happened during the stream. The game was all but unplayable because he over-modded it on accident. Watching the struggle was fun.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
haha, he just reuploaded another thing with more skyrim in it.

Also his Y6 playthrough is really damn entertaining. I'm sad we'll never get another best friends playthrough of a yakuza game but his reactions are still pretty damn good

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Game of Thrones S8 is a fascinating, but heart-breaking, trainwreck. I am almost tempted to listen to the podcast if it means I get to hear Woolie lose it.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
im considering spoilering myself on GoT just so I can actually hear about people complain about it. Not that i care really i guess don't know why im sensitive about anything, i barely remember jackshit

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Matt would get a sense of great vindication:

Right now, it's at 64% NOPE on the incest.

(For context, Bookwalker is a store for translated manga and light novels.)

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i almost used bookwalker once using a Mother's Basement code, but i just don't follow manga closely enough

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i see that they have mou-sama so i might go for them

(I really should read/watch spice and wolf some time)

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I feel like Woolie's complaint about kuro in sekiro rings hollow, cause he was shitting on the kid before the kid was even on screen. It's one of those Best friends "We'll give them nothing" moments where they form an opinion before the person is even there as a character.

Kinda reminds me of Pat and Matt in Until Dawn where Emily was super right and they were having none of it cause they didn't like her.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I haven't finished Sekiro, but Kuro is probably one of the smartest and most responsible child characters I've encountered in a game. Everyone in Japan wants that immortality and he just knows that's not something to fuck around with.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Like Woolie's stance on kuro is crazy cause the one thing i think Sekiro does better than literally every other souls-esque game from FromSoft is making all of your allies, actually pretty decent people on the up and up in basically every way.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Like Woolie's stance on kuro is crazy cause the one thing i think Sekiro does better than literally every other souls-esque game from FromSoft is making all of your allies, actually pretty decent people on the up and up in basically every way.
Woolie doesn't seem that far into the game at least when i think of Genichiro 2, maybe it's a case of slowbourne. Kuro does the lore search for you, reading incomplete sources and having stances and opinions like a human would have and that at least from my perspective is pretty meta. Woolie is just stagnating with just Pat to bounce off of. Pat extra only really cares about the infinite treadmills sometimes so he's got a need for variety and quickly stops being engaged.
These two guys are technically competent but not well-rounded individuals and their tastes are too similiar to ever reach a certain potential but they do make up for it with self-deprecating humor and such.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to telling myself to watch future Woolie/Pat x RT collab videos, only to keep putting it off again and again.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine they would first turn up in RvB season 482 or whatever season they are on now.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I actually did see a kid the day named Anakin...he was kind of a brat and I was totally like, yeah, that's a fitting name.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
Man, the current GOT talk is pretty fitting considering Wollies current heel-turn these past couple casts.
THE AGE OF MAD KING MADDEN BEGINS

Also:

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
Thoughts from a letter on last weeks podcast, But I heard so much Yukari hate before playing P3 and after beating it didn't find her as bad as the majority of fans made her out to be? maybe its just me but her dad issues don't seem to absolutely define her as hard as pat makes her out to be and did the game really push Yukari on you like Woolie says? If so I don't remember it going like that. Also I know the majority that hate her just point to the answer and yeah she goes off the deep end but I feel it was just a teenage girl in this crazy world dealing with grief.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that completely fell flat for me as well. The game pushes Aigis on you if anything.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I want Woolie to go to the GenLock at RTX and ask MBJ directly why he isn't in more anime roles.

Bonus Points: If he still doesn't know what Gen:Lock is when he is there.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who has spent way more time modding and troubleshooting skyrim than is reasonable, I don't think Pat really understood the full endeavor you enter when you heavily mod skyrim (100+ mods). Honestly half the struggle is the troubleshooting after the fact. He seemed to expect it to be fine after seeing the game load up and work for 5 minutes without a crash, but unfortunately the types of mods he added require a ton of fine tuning (like the combat mods he incorporated that were giving him trouble). It's a lot of tweaking as you play to find the settings that work for you. And hell, I played nearly 15-20 hours with a set of mods before issues with compatibility started popping up or tiny issues that cause hard crashes that are hard to find or learn about without them hitting you in the face. Just the price you pay for having that many mods at once (coming from someone with 200 something mods in a Skyrim playthrough that mostly works).

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i like yukari but i never saw the game pushing her on MC really.

Oct 27, 2017
Thoughts from a letter on last weeks podcast, But I heard so much Yukari hate before playing P3 and after beating it didn't find her as bad as the majority of fans made her out to be? maybe its just me but her dad issues don't seem to absolutely define her as hard as pat makes her out to be and did the game really push Yukari on you like Woolie says? If so I don't remember it going like that. Also I know the majority that hate her just point to the answer and yeah she goes off the deep end but I feel it was just a teenage girl in this crazy world dealing with grief.
I always thought she was kinda... basic? I think I'm gonna replay P3P as FeMC (with the superior battle music) soon, so maybe I'll like her better this time around.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
it was their first go

i should rewatch a play through of ultimax. actually, i have no idea if i watched through ultimax or not

i remember being so surprised that in all of arena there actually still was a scene that actually moved my heart (labyrs's route I think). Like, the time to value ratio is completely fucked, but I still liked it a lot.

The stupid shadow operatives crossover stuff is dumb but I honestly do like the story in the spinoff games... just the value to time ratio is garbage, lol. Can't wait for Q2.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i actually thought her huge bully was a more interesting character than fuuka was lol

at least she got an upgrade in arena for her character art not to look as odd

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting for Liam to hold Matt captive and force him to sit through a Dynasty Warriors stream.

Liam will be mashing buttons for all he's worth while Crymetina administers an improvised Ludovico technique to Matt.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody remember the friend cast episode where Liam and Pat shit all over how sexist SAO is? There's a clip on youtube but that's from a different rant than I remember and I wanted to send that rant to a friend.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Does anybody remember the friend cast episode where Liam and Pat shit all over how sexist SAO is? There's a clip on youtube but that's from a different rant than I remember and I wanted to send that rant to a friend.
It's gotta be around episode 51, because I remember them dunking on the main character hard in that cast