• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Minh - "You keep telling people that DMC2 and Third Birthday are my favorite games"

Woolie - "There's your fucking Pie Stealer lore."

convo

Oct 25, 2017
With the return of big time RPG-ing in Elden Ring, we'll be getting more dumb youtube content from the souls community. I can't shake the feeling that their general disappointment that Sekiro is a single player experience is directly linked to how much content they wanna put out, and that's not the life i live.
Nioh talk was very good in emphasising how good QOL stuff is, Woolie was mostly all about that weapon variaty and stances, but didn't address how you can game the loot system and eventually ROFLSTOMP any and all difficulty in the game. For some it's so boring it crashes their personal score to the negative and some welcome being huger than anything in the game. One isn't replacing the other and i'd say the comparison isn't even well done either.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I thought Sekiro's reception was really good once people were comfortable with the fact it wasn't really a Souls game. Have things changed since?

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Sekiro's reception was really good once people were comfortable with the fact it wasn't really a Souls game. Have things changed since?
Oh just the eccentric people like Pat and the ones frequenting this forum have very specific wishes for games especially if they already made up a fantasy game in their mind before the game came out and are just angry that it wasn't their imaginary game.They expected a Souls game, told everyone they are liars if they thought Sekiro wasn't gonna be exactly that and it turned out their assumptions were wrong and got blown the fuck out. I made the mistake with Brawl, my expectations were outside reality and in another dimension so it couldn't live up to my wildest imagination.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I mean I'm a bit biased since the only Souls-esque games I don't actually like are the Dark Souls games themselves, and that's entirely down to the relatively slow pace and my lack of interest in the setting.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
People want the RPG-ing and the looting and the builds, and Sekiro is a single-player experience and not much outside of this.
Pat probablly will have a good time with any of the Dark Souls games or Bloodborne so long as he can make a different build for every playthrough.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the lack of variety really dragged Sekiro down for me. I got bored of the gameplay loop and ended up not finishing it which didn't happen for any of the other Soulsborne games.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Some people don't bother with variety in other souls games and some just stick with one weapon in BB and that's the end of that for them. Playstyles differ a lot between people and being creative is something you have to demand from players to do themselves. Coming up with your own ideas with dealing with stuff can sometimes turn out to be the most boring thing to other people, i'd never wanna stream my attempts in these games.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Can Matt and Woolie never do any collabs due to the Rooster Teeth stuff?
Between those two together? I don't remember Woolie and Matt appearing together on stream or something but if Liam can just do stuff with Matt then i don't see any real reason that stands in the way of that.

Oct 29, 2017
For some it's so boring it crashes their personal score to the negative and some welcome being huger than anything in the game. One isn't replacing the other and i'd say the comparison isn't even well done either.
This was kinda my experience with Nioh. After hoping to love the game I found it utterly boring, the combat is good in isolation but that's it, I have no desire to play it.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Both Pat and Woolie came to the right conclusion that it's a game of hard counters and not soft counters.

Sekiro's problem is that for an action game there's lack of different playstyle options.

And no I don't mean builds, Action games have been doing fine without character builds for years. From took away the variety of weapons and didn't replace it with anything. You can have one weapon but it better be one hell of a weapon which Kusabimaru wasn't.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
i don't know if it survived the death of SBF but liam definitely has the moral victory
Pat cashed out on the bet years ago, but like other's said, it's a moral victory.
Pat mentioned it on his stream and basically said he cashed out years ago "But a certain someone didn't want to pay up."

Felt really uncomfortable, actually. >.>
Right, right. Forgot about that. Didn't Liam try to pay up, but Pat didn't want it because it wasn't the exact amount?