• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
It worked out sometimes, but man some of those playthroughs really did a number on their engagement. Like did you really need a fucking 83 part Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE lets play?

Fuck you. That LP was amazing! #13000

Yeah, can't say I'm a fan of where this thread has gone. I hope the best for all 3 of them and are sad that Pat and Matt's friendship is over, but digging up dirt on Paige like this feels more disgusting than anything she's supposedly has done.

I don't know, If I went to my trans friend and said they were weaponizing their gender identity, I'd feel pretty dirty. Probs more dirty than anything I've done in this thread so far

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
This is my way of pouring one out for the main channel (I will still try to watch all their content on their respective channels.
qoWxN4Q.jpg

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Now that they're all dead, when Gamergate was starting I could FEEL that they had some kind of discussion where they would not talk about it whatsoever in any kind of way or medium. Rather unfairly I might have suspected Liam was the most sympathetic towards that hate movement.
He struck me as the least likely to be into GG. I recall him making a snide "ethics in journalism" joke in one of the podcasts years ago.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
It does feel odd that last I checked into the thread people were railing against theories that Leana was what broke them up and fans always blaming women when groups break up.

I drive a couple hours, and come back and there are a ton of posts centered on Paige and people saying they won't watch Pat's stuff because of her. I realize people here feel very strongly about her Twitter postings, but is there any real reason to bring her into this conversation when they already gave us the reason for the disbandment at the outset of the breakup video?
Yeah, I have issues with pat also, but this really shouldn't be the thread to do this. The channel just died for God's sake.

Oct 25, 2017
So any gaming podcasts that are of the same humor?

I've collected a bunch but I can only vouch for one personally. There's Dad and Sons done by Super "George Socks" Bunnyhop. The Giant Beast cast (SBFP stole stuff from that all the time, it'll be the easiest transition), and Waypoint has a podcast if you want some hard left leaning video game news. Plus they've got Austin Walker who is just a very smart and delightful man. I follow him on twitter and he never disappoints.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Rather unfairly I might have suspected Liam was the most sympathetic towards that hate movement.
It's because Liam is always the first to cry censorship and go to bat for creator's rights to fill their games with anime titties. That's often a red flag so it's not a huge surprise you got that vibe but Liam seems alright. I made the same mistake to be honest.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've collected a bunch but I can only vouch for one personally. There's Dad and Sons done by Super "George Socks" Bunnyhop. The Giant Beast cast (SBFP stole stuff from that all the time, it'll be the easiest transition), and Waypoint has a podcast if you want some hard left leaning video game news. Plus they've got Austin Walker who is just a very smart and delightful man. I follow him on twitter and he never disappoints.
I listen to Waypoint pretty regularly and am I pretty familiar with Kanye East, aka The Black Marx, aka Malcom Y, aka Andre 2999. I'll check out Dad and Son though, thanks!

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
Without getting into specifics, I'll just say I'll fucking miss them together. Been there since the first machinima videos with the sw1tcher. I'll be following Matt, Woolie and Liam to the end.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
Being honest, I cant recommend Dad and Sons at all. George is even more cynical than usual, and his two co-host cannot get a point across to save their life. They also tend to get a lot of news wrong. I tried, but yeah its not a good podcast IMO.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I believe Liam is probably the most blatantly and staunchly anti GG in the group, although I very highly doubt any of them were ever on that particular bandwagon

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
It worked out sometimes, but man some of those playthroughs really did a number on their engagement. Like did you really need a fucking 83 part Tokyo Mirage Sessions#FE lets play?

When alien civilizations stumble upon Earth's long dead husk, I want the sole remaining achievement of humanity to be the full playthrough of Tokyo Mirage Sessions running on loop on Billy's laptop, in dedication to the audacity of mankind to strive impetuously against the inevitability of our own demise for no good goddamn reason.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's because Liam is always the first to cry censorship and go to bat for creator's rights to fill their games with anime titties. That's often a red flag so it's not a huge surprise you got that vibe but Liam seems alright.
Ah right, that was it. Yeah, I don't really think Liam is a gator at this point since I think if you are, just openly say something about women and jews now.

Oct 25, 2017
Being honest, I cant recommend Dad and Sons at all. George is even more cynical than usual, and his two co-host cannot get a point across to save their life. They also tend to get a lot of news wrong. I tried, but yeah its not a good podcast IMO.

Thats understandable. I personally just really like George's personality but I understand the podcast isn't for everyone.

Do not use this thread to post your sleuthing and internet detective work.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Official Staff Communication
Please be aware that we will not tolerate internet detective work in this thread. If you want to discuss the situation and share information from other sources, you may, but don't use this thread to post your own public sleuthing. Thank you.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I am actually really sad to see this news. I first discovered these guys back before they even did full LPs. I remember really enjoying them talk about the creature design of silent hill monsters, and their playthrough of Deadly Premonition inspired me to play it myself. I will admit to watching less of their videos since Liam left, as that was the moment it felt like things were beginning to deteriorate. I really hope they all are okay and I might check out their solo material, but I am very sad to see that their friendships have deteriorated.

Renegade King

Oct 28, 2017
Ontario, Canada
This announcement feels really weird for me.

I was first introduced to Matt and Woolie through fighterpedia. From there, I saw the link to the two best friends play Kirby's epic yarn. From those two videos I was completely hooked on their content.

From their enthusiasm when playing games, talking about stupid anime, wrestling, Saturday morning cartoons, and even Canadian cartoons ( I marked out when I heard them make a Beasties reference), they were always entertaining to watch.

As the years went by, I still watched their stuff, but my fervor in enjoying them went down. Like a friend that you just get used to having around. You sort of stop appreciating the company and enjoyment they provide. I found I really enjoyed the side channels much more, and I was always excited when I heard news of any of the members trying to do something more then just continue with the channel.

In the farewell video, Woolie sincerely thanks all of us for everything we gave them. I really hope Woolie, Matt, Patt, and Liam all recognize that what they provided us wasn't nothing. Despite what the youtube comments may say, they put work and effort into what they did. If they didn't, it wouldn't have impacted the number of people it did. For some people it legitimately made their day every day, for others, it was a constant positive that helped us truck along.

I want them all to not feel sad that this is ending, but feel proud of what they all provided us.

I will continue to watch Matt's, and Liam's channels. I hope that Pat is successful with his streams. I will be fervently awaiting the next Kirby Lore from Woolie, and hope to god one day he will continue with his tablelords series.

With that, I will end this with the link to the kotaku article that got me into the first episode of Fighterpedia.

https://kotaku.com/5855427/thank-ca...fensive-street-fighter-rejects-never-saw-life

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Man pat was always my favorite since the beginning even tho the rest are great as well but in all honesty it was probably pat who was always a point of friction in the group. Sad to see he is the one I will probably follow the least since he just streams low effort bullshit now. And all these people looking for the weird 3rd party politics in this tread are sad and making this sad departure worse.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
The whole blaming of spouses seems very much like people blaming yoko for the beatles breaking up.

Stop it, stop speculating. And lets just cry in sadness and the end of there videos, but celebrate by watching your favourite LP/Video

DangerMan

Oct 29, 2017
Damn that sucks - these were the last LPers I still watched frequently. Randomly stumbled across their Scribblenauts 1 off way back when and stuck around ever since. Next October just wont be the same without a Shitstorm...

I hope they all find rejuvenation and success in their new paths.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
I know it was super terrible, but them going sooooo hard against the yotuube rule book fucking cracked me up everytime. it's part of why I love those bumblefucks.

I thought so for a while but there came a point where their no-effort approach stopped being funny and started being irritating--not just the way they played or recorded games but stuff like the podcast suddenly losing 100k listeners when the site went down because they gave it no thought during the year where it was in purgatory. It seemed evident from the outside that the changing youtube landscape, audience trends, etc were having a negative effect on their viewership but they never seemed like they were trying to do anything about it.

HypedBeast

Oct 29, 2017
I thought so for a while but there came a point where their no-effort approach stopped being funny and started being irritating--not just the way they played or recorded games but stuff like the podcast suddenly losing 100k listeners when the site went down because they gave it no thought during the year where it was in purgatory. It seemed evident from the outside that the changing youtube landscape, audience trends, etc were having a negative effect on their viewership but they never seemed like they were trying to do anything about it.
Goddamn, sometimes I forget just how big SBFP use to be.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I'd take this opportunity to share this memory I had with the Best Friends.

One year, they came to Momocon to do a panel so I bought a ticket for the day with the only purpose of going to see them talk and answer questions.

After a few questions, I got up just to let the gang know how much I was thankful for walking me through the Souls games through their hilarious let's plays. Pat responded with "Oh thanks man, we really appreciate it, because sometimes we watch that shit and think, 'this is fucking poison' is anyone enjoying this?"

Which got a big laugh, but then almost immediately following it, led to the organizers doing the most awkward moment ever, interupting the panel in the middle to tell them to stop swearing:

God speed gentlemen.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I'd take this opportunity to share this memory I had with the Best Friends.

One year, they came to Momocon to do a panel so I bought a ticket for the day with the only purpose of going to see them talk and answer questions.

After a few questions, I got up just to let the gang know how much I was thankful for walking me through the Souls games through their hilarious let's plays. Pat responded with "Oh thanks man, we really appreciate it, because sometimes we watch that shit and think, 'this is fucking poison' is anyone enjoying this?"

Which got a big laugh, but then almost immediately following it, led to the organizers doing the most awkward moment ever, interupting the panel in the middle to tell them to stop swearing:

God speed gentlemen.

Man at first I thought she was just going to publicly ask them to stop swearing over the mic lol.

RiamuFG

Director at Chuhai Labs
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Kyoto, Japan

HEY! I CAN TOTALLY GET MY POIN...

wait, what was I saying?

Shame, you don't like us! But, thanks for checking the show out :)

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

God speed gentlemen.

lol.

screenshot-www.youtubc7e9v.png

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Now that they're all dead, when Gamergate was starting I could FEEL that they had some kind of discussion where they would not talk about it whatsoever in any kind of way or medium. Rather unfairly I might have suspected Liam was the most sympathetic towards that hate movement.
At least at the end of all this we can know that Liam is in fact a good boy and forever employee of the month.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
I remember meeting Pat and Liam at PAX. It was super cool and chill. (Liam picture is much better, but I'd rather not post it on here)

Deleted member 26909

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I met them twice out here in the Toronto area for Anime North and Con Bravo. Matt, Woolie and Liam filmed a little clip calling out my friend. Pat got mad at me when I said the Habs sucked. They all were really interested in the convos I had with each of them. They got me through a lot of school. Machinima releases on Sunday helped me through highschool projects due Monday, and full LPs during all nighters in university. Really weird seeing how much the channel grew as I did. I hope they keep growing.

Does anyone have that weird gif of Woolie biting his bottom lip and nodding? I was hoping to post that alongside the high definition picture of heterochromia, pixie cut Lady from DMC5.

ShadyK54

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I met them twice out here in the Toronto area for Anime North and Con Bravo. Matt, Woolie and Liam filmed a little clip calling out my friend. Pat got mad at me when I said the Habs sucked. They all were really interested in the convos I had with each of them. They got me through a lot of school. Machinima releases on Sunday helped me through highschool projects due Monday, and full LPs during all nighters in university. Really weird seeing how much the channel grew as I did. I hope they keep growing.

Does anyone have that weird gif of Woolie biting his bottom lip and nodding? I was hoping to post that alongside the high definition picture of heterochromia, pixie cut Lady from DMC5.

This one?

MessyRipeDunnart-size_restricted.gif

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Was so bummed to see the final video when I loaded up YouTube this morning, and I've spent hours talking to friends about it and going through the Reddit.

Oh man, where to begin. I've watched them since the OG Shattered Memories video, and they've been a solid pillar of my life since. The channel has always been there as a place to unwind and be entertained. So many hours spent watching their shenanigans, and listening to every single podcast for years...

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but I'm grateful for the continuation of the podcast (in some form), and that all the videos will remain on the channel for years to come.

The Zaibatsu has been my YouTube comfort food for so long, my bread and butter go-tos. It will be weird not having them all in one place now. Truly the end of an era.

I'll miss you SBF!

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
I was introduced to them by their Portal 2 video, and stuck with them since. And it was through them that I heard about GAF, so I might not have ended up on Era without them.

Gonna miss the Zaibatsu.