• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pat and Woolie are doing the podcast still, which is being rebranded as the Super Castlebeast.

His streaming has also been pretty successful for the most part.
I dont mean bleak as in success wise, i mean it relations-wise, since he seemed pretty comfortable not associating with any of them outside the channel for pretty much his entire channel's lifespan, save that MISERABLE psx shitshow

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This reminds me of when I heard about the Creatures disbanding, though I only found out like 2 years after it happened since I'd grown out of that in highschool, but was still soul crushing. Like that, Ill probably end up marathoning all their old lps :/

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt say doomed, but how everyone collabed on their solo channels for the past two years except him painted a pretty apparent picture. And its nice he's continuing the podcast with Woolie rather than fully isolating himself more.
Theres a comment like a month or so ago on Twitter of a fan asking liam when he and pat was gonna collab or anything and Liam responded that pat hasent talked to him in like forever and that really struck me

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont mean bleak as in success wise, i mean it relations-wise, since he seemed pretty comfortable not associating with any of them outside the channel for pretty much his entire channel's lifespan, save that MISERABLE psx shitshow

I get you. Well its no surprise considering he was actually the outsider they brought in from Matt Woolie and Liam.

That said it seems like Pat and Woolie formed a friendship which is good.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I get you. Well its no surprise considering he was actually the outsider they brought in from Matt Woolie and Liam.

Woolie and patt were friends before this

Matt and Patt also knew eachother and were kinda friends before that. Woolie was the mutual though IIRC

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
My Twitter is starting to fill up with other channels and artists talking about how much the best friends helped them grow.

For as much as they downplayed themselves and joked about how their channel is shit, I honestly think these guys were some of the best people on YouTube. They've always tried to push smaller creators, or expose people to games or other media that they may never have heard of.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pat for the most part I thought was pretty good, but Paige is steeped in weirdass GG and rightwing people up to her knees. Wouldnt be surprised for that to get to Pat too, though.

There's nothing I see that would suggest that for Pat and I'd rather we not speculate on such a thing.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017

Pat's girlfriend is pals with a few different alt-right clowns and likes to play dumb about signal-boosting their bullshit, and Pat showed up in the SBFP hangout thread to post passive-aggressive nonsense about how people can't handle different viewpoints or whatever. A lot of people took Pat's comments in particular to more be him being stubborn rather than anything genuinely malicious but it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
If it helps this was most likely relatively recently
I wanna believe they just cooled off on each other instead of having a falling out or resenting each other behind the scenes.

Anyone remember that joke vid they made years ago about how they hate each other offcamera? Might have been one of their podcast trailers. Anyway, I'll continue thinking that it hadn't become like that I guess.

Not that it's any of our business anyway, I hope people online don't get overzealous with prying.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Just gonna post my YouTube comment because I'm having a weird time dealing with this and I'm having a hard time getting my thoughts together here. I've seen them since the Captain America Machinima episode, and it's been one hell of a ride.

"To be honest, this feels like a long time coming, what with Liam leaving and all the side stuff popping up more and more.

You guys were my favorite LP group, you were a part of my childhood, you guys helped usher me into adulthood. You got me into so many wonderful series it's humbling to think about: Dark Souls, JoJo, Yakuza, Devil May Cry, etc. You guys, ever since that one Kirby's Epic Yarn Video, changed my life and the lives of countless others for the better. I guess what I'm saying is that I love you guys, I'll miss this, but I'm also so glad I got to experience this wild and crazy ride for so long. I look forward to all your individual stuff and wish you all the best. Thank you!"

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Might I ask for details? I actually haven't caught any of Pat's or Paige's streams, so I'm completely in the dark.
Paige was a frequent guest on a rightwing podcast amd was close friends with them, and how she'd often talk about female character portrayals is near word for word how most GGers defend objectification. Cant ever rewatch the Pat FF15 streams cause of this :/

Nov 3, 2017
Pat's girlfriend is pals with a few different alt-right clowns and likes to play dumb about signal-boosting their bullshit, and Pat showed up in the SBFP hangout thread to post passive-aggressive nonsense about how people can't handle different viewpoints or whatever. A lot of people took Pat's comments in particular to more be him being stubborn rather than anything genuinely malicious but it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Oh the Dick stuff and whatnot? She definitely seems the type to throw around "snowflake" when off stream lmao

The irony of Pat talking about not being able to handle different viewpoints is something

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
It's crazy . I don't follow as much as I used to but I started with machinima and found the channel and then the podcast which led to the old forum which led to giant bomb which led to pretty much my entire gaming existence today. I discovered platinum games thru sbf and yakuza. It's a blow that I didn't even think was possible. Especially not even following like I used to. Can't let it sink in.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Woolie is actually techically the oldest best friend, pat was friends with woolie from college and woolie knew Matt from iirc work as they were game testers and pat knew Matt through woolie but as aquntainces and not really friends at 1st, Liam also came to be part of the group through being a game tester with woolie at THQ

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
Was hoping everything was OK when the fisticuffs didn't upload. Was wary when 2 episodes ok Kingdom Hearts went up in the same day.

Still gutted all the same. Looking forward to their individual endeavors.

May 5, 2018
Oh no! This news sucks. They've always been my favorite let's play channel on YouTube and it sucks that they are no longer gonna be doing content together. My favorite Let's Plays of their's were Man vs. Wild, Super Mario RPG, Star Fox Adventures and Freedom Planet (they're the reason I bought the game, twice in fact). Knowing they've been doing separate streams it did seem inevitable they were going to split, but this is still a bummer. Wishing all of them the best!

Guess now I'm gonna watch Woolie or Liam's channels for the hype Freedom Planet 2 stream next year.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Oh the Dick stuff and whatnot? She definitely seems the type to throw around "snowflake" when off stream lmao

The irony of Pat talking about not being able to handle different viewpoints is something

Not just the Dick stuff, she did the Ralph Retort podcast right around the time they pulled that anti-semitic donation stunt and when people started calling them out she started on about "concern trolling" and all the typical playbook nonsense.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Wow this hurts. I rarely watch their videos anymore but their podcast has been a weekly ritual for me since episode 1. They've got me into so much good shit over the years (including this community) that I am immensely grateful.

Thank you Matt, Pat, Woolie and of course, Liam.

Nov 3, 2017
She was also an early Milo Yiannopoulos supporter when GamerGate became a thing.
Not just the Dick stuff, she did the Ralph Retort podcast right around the time they pulled that anti-semitic donation stunt and when people started calling them out she started on about "concern trolling" and all the typical playbook nonsense.

Yikes I didn't know it ran that deep in her, will be sure to avoid more than I've unintentionally been doing

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Theres a comment like a month or so ago on Twitter of a fan asking liam when he and pat was gonna collab or anything and Liam responded that pat hasent talked to him in like forever and that really struck me
Shit, im surprised I missed that. How soul crushing.

Woolie is actually techically the oldest best friend, pat was friends with woolie from college and woolie knew Matt from iirc work as they were game testers and pat knew Matt through woolie but as aquntainces and not really friends at 1st, Liam also came to be part of the group through being a game tester with woolie at THQ
Woolie is truly the greatest pillar of friendship

OP
OP

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait wtf?? Got a link to this?

PCfromNYC

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC, the first Best Friends video was Kirby's Epic Yarn, and that was when Matt was more known for those videos showing how bad the Street Fighter cartoon was.

Man, this hurts.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, im surprised I missed that. How soul crushing.

Woolie is truly the greatest pillar of friendship

If it makes you feel better, Pat asked Liam over twitter if they wanted to play Warframe together when Liam was doing a sponsored stream on his channel.

I dont think Liam agreed since it was just a one off sponsored thing while Pat enjoys Warframe.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
latest.png

wolvie.JPG

I knew this was bound to happen. We're never going to get DMC2/V LP

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is really sad. I discovered their first channel when they only had like 2 TBF videos that had a camera pointed at the TV.

I will follow Woolie to the ends of the earth tho.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
End of an era. They had a good run though and gave me some enjoyable memories.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone fill me in on this?
Paige hangs is buddy and has been on podcasts with alt right dudes, and has shown some... just not great views of feminism and female representation in things.

Which is weird because pat, when decides to open his mouth about that sort of thing, seems really liberal about that sort of stuff. So I guess they just don't talk about it. I dunno what their relationship is, i'm not here to speculate on that

digifire

Oct 25, 2017
A huge portion of the things I love today where introduced to me by the guys, and their unique humor and chemistry helped me through some dark times.
I can only say thanks for everything these past 5 years and best of luck to all of you.

Oct 25, 2017
Things like this always suck, but it's always made worse when you hear it's because of dissolving friendships. Looking forward to seeing their solo channels grow similarly to Liam's.
Incidentally, I've always felt extra bad that Liam and Pat maybe weren't the fondest of each other since they were the two that resonated with me the most.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

Laura Kate Dale: Very sad hearing that @2BFOfficial is parting ways, been a big fan of their content for a long time. Glad I was privileged enough to be able to guest on an episode of their podcast once. Looking forwards toward everything they create next separately.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Im just glad its Pat and Woolie that continue the podcast.

They were always the pillars of the podcast and you always felt it hard when one of the two were missing for a episode.

Without the podcast i couldnt live.