• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Paige hangs is buddy and has been on podcasts with alt right dudes, and has shown some... just not great views of feminism and female representation in things.

Which is weird because pat, when decides to open his mouth about that sort of thing, seems really liberal about that sort of stuff. So I guess they just don't talk about it. I dunno what their relationship is, i'm not here to speculate on that
See also: That Women's Day/VVIMENS joke video, which while without context I thought was just a goof, but in context feels a lot less goodnatured.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

Super Eyepatch Wolf: Thank you for everything Best Friends, I owe you for more than I could ever possibly repay.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Well this sucks. I've been watching them since basically the beginning. One of the first groups I followed on YouTube. The podcast was one of my favorite things each week. The reason I played a list of certain games was directly because of them.

It was something that was alway going to happen at some point but just sucks to see it happen now.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
My Twitter is starting to fill up with other channels and artists talking about how much the best friends helped them grow.

For as much as they downplayed themselves and joked about how their channel is shit, I honestly think these guys were some of the best people on YouTube. They've always tried to push smaller creators, or expose people to games or other media that they may never have heard of.

The most unsung heroes.

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017

Super Eyepatch Wolf: Thank you for everything Best Friends, I owe you for more than I could ever possibly repay.

Eyepatch Wolf LITERALLY would not exist if Woolie didn't completely shit on Hunter x Hunter on the podcast years back. That's how much influence they had.

This fucking sucks 😞

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Paige hangs is buddy and has been on podcasts with alt right dudes, and has shown some... just not great views of feminism and female representation in things.

Which is weird because pat, when decides to open his mouth about that sort of thing, seems really liberal about that sort of stuff. So I guess they just don't talk about it. I dunno what their relationship is, i'm not here to speculate on that

That's always been the weird sticking point for me. Like, Paige seems to have a ton of not-great views she just barely keeps under wraps because she knows how it looks, but every single time I've heard Pat open his mouth on political or social issues he's usually the first one of the group to say "That's gross" or "That's wrong" in terms of harassment, representation, objectification, workplace treatment, that sort of thing.

For the record, and I don't want this thread to go any further into dirt digging than it already has just because this sucks enough as is, there are plenty of moments to point to where things have gotten real dicey in terms of what they've said and the views of their fan base (that more than anything really), but ultimately I always got the impression that they were on the right side of things, just that they realized they weren't the one's best equipped to tackle issues like these.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, didn't know Paige was an alt-righter. I've never consumed any of her content. So, Pat is straight up in a relationship with an alt-righter and he makes mad excuses for her? Shit, man. Guess I'll just follow Woolie's and Matt's solo stuff.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wooof holy shit.

Well, I can still support Matt, Liam, and Woolie though.
Liam, in fact, has surprised me a lot over the years. Not to say I expected something bad from him specifically, but I was just constantly prepared for the worst with every online personality I followed, and Liam continuously shows he's a super good dude, and it's great. Stanning the true Risen Super Star

Oct 27, 2017
This really sucks. Loved their content, and they've been a staple of my weekday mornings for years now.
Can we really avoid politics in this thread? Please?
...It's not like it's irrelevant... Personally, I knew very little about this stuff and, while not damning Pat, I'd like to at least be aware of it, as it may affect my decision to watch his content.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it kinda does influence who you want to support going forward.

Paige being super into alt right shit and Pat getting defensive about that does not paint a pretty picture

And everything I've seen from Pat implies he's not alt-right. Do we really need to make this about Pat's girlfriend who wasn't even a part of the channel beyond a few brief appereances?

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Wooof holy shit.

Well, I can still support Matt, Liam, and Woolie though.
Blaming an individual for the choices of their significant other is a wrong thing to do. The political nature of the subject makes it a tricky thing, but Pat himself hasnt done anything to indicate his beliefs align with anything that has to do with that crowd. In fact, existing solely through the vacuum of the channel and his own side content apart from Paige would never get even a hint of that influence. Paige and Pat have undoubtedly become more involved in each others' streaming content, so avoiding that is understandable, but the potential retroactive labelling of Pat as some secret alt-right sympathizer lurking under the surface of TBFP's history is something that I would have a huge problem with.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And everything I've seen from Pat implies he's not alt-right. Do we really need to make this about Pat's girlfriend who wasn't even a part of the channel beyond a few brief appereances?
It's not irrelevant, so yeah, we can talk about how one of the main hosts of the channel is dating someone deep in the alt right.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're gonna migrate to Pat's channel, it is incredibly relevant as she's on the vast majority of his streams now

Oct 25, 2017
Thats it? Really broad.

This sounds like some that guy doesnt like ResetEra shit talking about everything so fuck him type of stuff.

He even defends Liam.
Probably because it's the same "community" that almost crucified Liam over some Discord screenshots that he wasn't even a part of. Didn't end until Liam himself came into the thread.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been following their content since the old days when Matt used to do his stupidity videos I showed them to some friends in college (I think I still have some of them that I think he couldn't upload anymore because of copyright stuff on a old hdd).

Iirc the first time I think saw their faces was when they made that izuna drop video. Still going to follow Matt's channel and Woolie's but sadly probably won't be watching that much Pat's aside from the occasional E3 conference-type stream since I don't watch that much twitch streaming.

Pretty freaking bummed right now.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Liam, in fact, has surprised me a lot over the years. Not to say I expected something bad from him specifically, but I was just constantly prepared for the worst with every online personality I followed, and Liam continuously shows he's a super good dude, and it's great. Stanning the true Risen Super Star

the one thing that truly surprised me about Liam was the hunting stuff (not because I have any moral objection, just i didn't expect it of everybody's best senpai liam-jesus)

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
She wasn't part of the main channel, but she is very much a part of Pat's twitch channel which is where Pat's online career is continuing so it is very much par for the discussion as moving on to following them in their solo projects is a big part of this.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I mean it kinda does influence who you want to support going forward.

Paige being super into alt right shit and Pat getting defensive about that does not paint a pretty picture

I get the impression that they really do have different views on these kinds of issues, and that they work around it and consider it just another thing they disagree over and can get play-mad/real-mad at each other over (see that ham sandwich fight video of theirs to get what I'm talking about). Granted that's not much of a defense of defending the kind of shit Paige was on about, but I feel for Pat it's more of a "Quit speculating about my girlfriend" than a "I'm defending her because I agree with her" sort of thing. Like, Pat has always loved to play the contrarian, but he's always either remained quiet or has actually spoken out on issues (granted nothing specifically alt-right/GG related to my knowledge, but definitely more general representation/objectitification stuff) so that's how I read it.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably because it's the same "community" that almost crucified Liam over some Discord screenshots that he wasn't even a part of. Didn't end until Liam himself came into the thread.
I know shitheads treated Liam like shit when he was on sbf(and probably still give some shit) but to fake him being an asshole just to make others hate him and ruin his reputation is so fuckin childish and awful. How pathetic u gotta be to do shit like that.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna agree that while the channel ending wasn't unexpected, the way that it is (with Matt and Pat on bad terms) is super sad to hear. I'll admit that I'd fallen off with SBFP this year (besides Detroit, nothing, not even Scrublords / Fisticuffs were really doing anything for me) and I already really like Matt's solo channel, but I never wanted to see things ends like this for the main channel.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, doesn't their machinima contract continue until like 2021? Did I miss that in the video? Hows that working out

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even though I had stopped watching them years ago, I always wondered how long they would go at it. I don't know how much they made from YouTube, so maybe going at it on their own is what need to survive too. I know they worked in the games industry at one point but is their primary job now?

I might as well follow their individual channels.

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna agree that while the channel ending wasn't unexpected, the way that it is (with Matt and Pat on bad terms) is super sad to hear.

They're not explicitly on bad terms, at least to our knowledge. Just... they're not friends. And, to be fair, I don't know if they ever really were? The channel was sort of a mistake (It was originally going to be Matt and Woolie), but ended up Pat instead. They've said before that they weren't really close before it. There's several times throughout the years you can tell that Matt is just sort of... exhausted with Pat. Especially in podcasts. I think their whole friendship was built around work, and when work starts to suck, that friendship is going to dissipate.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're not explicitly on bad terms, at least to our knowledge. Just... they're not friends. And, to be fair, I don't know if they ever really were? The channel was sort of a mistake (It was originally going to be Matt and Woolie), but ended up Pat instead. They've said before that they weren't really close before it. There's several times throughout the years you can tell that Matt is just sort of... exhausted with Pat. Especially in podcasts. I think their whole friendship was built around work, and when work starts to suck, that friendship is going to dissipate.

Yeah, you started to see the cracks start to form I think around the time Liam Left / Matt took his break. And then when they all started to make their own channels.

Deleted member 13250

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loved SBFP!! Been a fan for about 5 years after watching their Last of Us playthrough. Hoping the best for their individual efforts and will still be listening to the new podcast.

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn. I got into FNF like a year ago and have been eagerly awaiting the Smash Ultimate one, and then suddenly, everything falls apart.

Best of luck to all of them on their future endeavors. I'll probably continue to watch Matt and Woolie's stuff in the future, maybe Pat's as well.