• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 19274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish it was Xbox and PC also. This game would benefit greatly from crossplay. The online died quickly for the Switch.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I may get it depending on price. Played the Switch version on a friend's house (I have no Switch) and it seemed fun (and I loved the old 360 ones).

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
My friends don't have a Switch so I can at least play multiplayer with them on PS4.

Fair fair - I was pretty impressed with the post-launch support and content they gave it on Switch. I think most people expected them to just run a mile and leave the game in a state.

Leek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, if it hadn't been Switch exclusive until now, I probably wouldn't have been that excited.

Knowing that it's been kept away from me over the last year has increased my appetite for a Bomberman quite a bit, though.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Nice, I might get this.
Already bought the cart on Switch for my daughter but I haven't really played it much there.

I'm quite surprised, I thought bomberman was a Nintendo IP. I used to play it a lot on the SNES.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Konami just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Super Bomberman R for either system, nor will they purchase any of Konami's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Konami has alienated an entire market with this move.

Konami, publicly apologize and cancel Super Bomberman R for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
One of the games I planned on getting along with the Switch, not anymore. That sweet 4k60 on PS4 Pro.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll buy if it's $20 or less...

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Super Bomberman R for either system, nor will they purchase any of Konami's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Konami has alienated an entire market with this move.

Konami, publicly apologize and cancel Super Bomberman R for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.
I don't get you point. Who do you think is Konami screwing over and why do you believe that this is alienating an entire market? oO

Dunban

Oct 28, 2017
I thought this game was a Nintendo/Konami collaboration effort?
Guess I thought wrong.

Agreed, I thought the conventional wisdom was that Nintendo paid Konami to make this.

It will be interesting to see what price this releases at on PS4. I'm having difficulty imagining it selling particularly well at any price. Surely Konami wouldn't be insane enough to try to sell it for $60.

Dec 3, 2017
There's really no reason for a game like this to not be on every platform and your toaster, too, but it's Konami, so...

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Now we know who didn't migrate to ERA from old country.

I also feel proud that I could finally use that meme.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still need to get this, Switch version has been on sale a few times now.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, I thought the conventional wisdom was that Nintendo paid Konami to make this.

It will be interesting to see what price this releases at on PS4. I'm having difficulty imagining it selling particularly well at any price. Surely Konami wouldn't be insane enough to try to sell it for $60.

It's 50$ on Switch so I'm guessing that they'll put the same price

Rafako

Dec 19, 2017
Nice, this would be perfect on PS4 ;)

f7b.gif

Nov 8, 2017
Awesome. I've been thirsty for an online Bomberman game to play with friends ever since Bomberman Blast went offline on the Wii.

I was hopeful about Bombing Bastards that was free on PS+ this week, but I tried it last night and the game is awful. One of my friends couldn't even get online because of some UPnP error, and I couldn't find any way to invite friends after creating a room. The game just has a place to enter an IP address to connect to. Really? What year is this?

Aside from that, the game has horrible input lag (even in the menus), it is filled with awful renditions of public domain music, and it literally makes a sound every time you press a button (regardless of whether the button actually does something). For example, you drop a bomb and it makes a sound. You press the button again, but you can't drop a bomb because you've reached your bomb limit, but it still makes the same sound anyway.

It baffles me how developers can screw up such a simple concept so badly.

I can't wait to finally get another real Bomberman game!

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018

This never gets old.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else interpret that as "Super Bomberman receives R rating on PS4 in Korea"?

I thought it'd be a "high-impact sexual violence, banned in Australia" situation.