• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Super Mario 3D All-Stars already outsold the 2020 sales of The Last of Us Part 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and the Neon Switch console itself on Amazon and is one of the best selling games of 2020 in 4 days. Utterly insane, and clearly the easy ports paid off for them very well...

e63a266e91d01bdacc7ed5e0c1163754.png

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a lot of people bought games digitally going by the top 2 biggest sellers.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Lol wow.

I'm not going in on this but that's crazy

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit.

This proves the general public doesn't give a damn what hardcore players think is a good port. But ultimately, I think this is mainly moved by FOMO, I doubt the game would be selling this fast if it wasn't for that limited run bullshit.

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The real winner there is amFilm. They're making an absolute killing on selling slabs of glass for the Switch.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit.

This proves the general public doesn't give a damn what hardcore players think it's a good port.

Yup.

But ultimately, I think this is mainly moved by FOMO, I doubt the game would be selling this fast if it wasn't for that limited run bullshit.

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of purchasers had no idea the game was a limited run, to be honest.

These are beloved classic Mario games, and they come out next week. Sales were always going to be explosive.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Well it's 3 Mario games in a bundle, two of which are considered among the best games ever made. A lot of people consider that a great deal for 60 dollars obviously.

endzville

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 21, 2020
Scotland
I just said in the other topic that didn't have this screenshot that you'll see hardware sales increase sooner or later but I see that's already on the rise too, and you'll probably see other Mario games besides MK8 on that list as well, I imagine. This would be even higher if they were able to have announced the game around or during the Olympics in some way, I think.

OP
OP
Slash

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I think bundling 2 (or 3 depending on how you look) of the best games of all time was a really genius move and clearly it paid off. I think it could easily sell 20+ million copies if there wasn't the limited release bullshit, but I still think it could potentially sell around 15 million before March is over even with it.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Can't believ alot of people think this will be "limited". Come Black Friday it'll be like $10 off or more as I'm sure Nintendo will want this game to sell alot during the holidays.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
So this includes no digital sales huh? I definitely want it digital, but somehow feel uncomfortable about this "limited run" prospect still

OP
OP
Slash

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Can't believ alot of people think this will be "limited". Come Black Friday it'll be like $10 off or more as I'm sure Nintendo will want this game to sell alot during the holidays.

With the current demand, they do not need to discount this at all to sell every single copy they produce. They will be flying off of the shelves at $60 regardless.

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
I hope nintendo got the message that some of us are not too pleased with this low effort release.

Yes I have it pre-ordered.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit.

This proves the general public doesn't give a damn what hardcore players think is a good port. But ultimately, I think this is mainly moved by FOMO, I doubt the game would be selling this fast if it wasn't for that limited run bullshit.

I very much doubt the majority of the general public knows this is a limited release.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
just put my pre-order in after i secured two neons for my sister and I. Was so annoying to have only a modded switch to not use online and emulation. Now i can finally see the animal crossing hype and got my 3D mario pre-ordered!

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I very much doubt the majority of the general public knows this is a limited release.

It's been three days, there hasn't even been time for marketing or word of mouth, people who are buying this now are probably more informed than the average. And all of the pieces and material about the game I've seen mention the time limit.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Not exactly hard to do considering how few games they've been releasing this year

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
I'm one of those people who was not going to buy this at all but

Nintendo making this available for limited time only pushed me to buy this when I didn't want to lol, was thinking of getting two, one to use and one to keep sealed

I'm worried since this half assed port collection doing so well that Nintendo going forward future collection games won't be bothered to remaster/remake properly or add more to it just barebones ports

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It's been three days, there hasn't even been time for marketing or word of mouth, people who are buying this now are probably more informed than the average. And all of the pieces and material about the game I've seen mention the time limit.
I don't really think the more informed people are a big enough group to instantly propel this to #2 on the year but I guess it could be true.

Either way the whole existence of this package is enough to get some people to preorder without knowing any details. Maybe the limited nature of the collection is playing some role but I doubt it's that major.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo killing it this year, damn. Can't wait to replay Sunshine in two weeks!