• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Not my footage, found it on the web.

This is really cool stuff. Media Molecule's focus on creating a intuitive and accessible game engine is amazing. LittleBigPlanet was huge when it came out and pushed the boundaries of the medium with heavy emphasis on user-generated content. Dreams is a natural evolution of that. The scope and ambition of this game is is why MM remain as one of the best studios around.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018
NDA breakers run the risk of not just legal issues, but also ruining all chances of future beta tests to happen, if it ends up being deemed a risk.

Also the people who insist on recreating other companies IPs are also going to create major issues for Mm and Sony, we wouldn't want a shitty YouTube copyright algorithm in Dreams.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Even though I DONT AGREE and will never agree (even for just a milisecond) with his post for violating nda, i must admit i wonder how he created that character with so much details and environments. How long did he take?

Jul 26, 2018
NDA breakers run the risk of not just legal issues, but also ruining all chances of future beta tests to happen, if it ends up being deemed a risk.

Also the people who insist on recreating other companies IPs are also going to create major issues for Mm and Sony, we wouldn't want a shitty YouTube copyright algorithm in Dreams.
These games were done in LBP. There's not an issue here. Relax.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
The Dead Space one is exceptional - the others are meh as imitations. In fact with a lot of these it would be way more impressive if they were an original thing. Like the sonic one is not really sonic - its slow as hell - use a different character and mix the other elements up a bit it and make it into its own thing - it would be way more impressive

Oct 25, 2017
It's like lbp don't exist to ppl. There's an entire spyro, ff7, Mario, zelda game made in those games too never caused a problem

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In theory, would it be possible for a developer to create a game in Dreams, export it some way and sell it?

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
God damn. With this, I can imagine with enough dedication and time, folks are gonna be making their, forgive the pun, their dream games. I bet someone's probably gonna remake FF7 be SE can lol.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Rip NDA. Don't blame people for getting restless though, this thing has been dangled over our heads for over half a decade at this point.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
If it's anything like LBP you'll be able to ke yourself entertained by playing other people's content and never have to touch the tools yourself.

That's never really been my thing. I respect that, but I like to play what professional developers have made, not users. The tools were never quite there in LBP, either, and a lot of the UGC was wonky.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
it's fun stuff for now but i was always convinced, since i saw some of the level design tols there.. Dreams will give us some of the best 3d platforming ever pretty quick
This is a game changer

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
Am I the only one who just wishes the most popular uses of these kinds of games wasnt to make bad versions of existing games?

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
I like how all the games made in this beta also are basically in beta. Like the Mario recreation has overly dark graphics, no enemies, off block physics, and missing effects.

It's quite cute.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope people can get the opportunity if they create original IP with Dreams they can publish it separately (maybe as some publishing deal with Media Molecule + Sony).