Super Mario Maker 2 Direct (May 15 at 3 p.m. PT / 6 p.m, 15 minutes) [See threadmark]

compo

Oct 27, 2017
I was planning on not buying this after owning MM1, but they added so much stuff to this game. The online versus looks fun, too.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Local multiplayer seems okay with me; If I'm getting my ass kicked, I'll pass you my controller, like the original. Local multiplayer on one screen wasn't really expected.

Also anyone who has played NSMBU/Luigi U, knows that the local multiplayer in that game is barely worth playing. If one person goes to far the other becomes a bubble and.. it's wack

That post makes no sense.
You're saying my post makes no sense? How so?

ZiggyPalffyLA

Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Super Mario 3D World mode... But not actually in 3D.

Super Mario 3D World is enhanced over the other modes, but they didn't think to do the same with Super Mario Bros 2 which has been requested since the first game.

Online multiplayer... But no local multiplayer except for with multiple Switch systems.

It continues to amaze me how Nintendo continues to be so tone-deaf when it comes to decision-making.
Can you imagine being so miserable that you see a game packed to the gills with features, and all you can do is complain about what wasn't included?

MisterLuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they allow you to choose between characters like Luigi, Toadette, and Toad. Also, adding characters like Peach in the game as a playable character.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
The fantastic thing also with the new upload system is that we finally get to use tags while uploading instead of the work around of doing that in the website for no goddamn reason!
I'll actually use them now.

MouldyK

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
The game has four player online multiplayer; co-op and versus.
That's fine and I think co-op versus might allow friends to join you as well...

...but it's Nintendo so I don't expect to be able to party up with a friend before we search for other players. Mario Kart don't allow that and you gotta hope there is room in the lobby.

I'm worried MM2 will be the same.

Friends and Randoms cannot coexist in Nintendo Games and it bugs me to no end.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this looks fucking amazing. Really went above and beyond for this. The only thing missing I can think of is being able to bundle a set of levels together.

And I think SMB2 is totally going to happen with the way SM3DW works.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
F*cking hyped to listen to the various new Kondo tracks, this is really big for me.
New music for the new themes + new edit mode remix *droooools*
He’s truly a legend!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that gives me pause are the gimmicks on the night stages. The gimmicks are neat, but an option to toggle them off would be appreciated for those times when you want the night aesthetic/atmosphere but regular gameplay.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I was fucking pumped for on/off switches, but to have them apply to other stuff is amazing. Pick a pipe is now going to be pick a path with switches.

So, what's with the ?? coin counter in this screenshot?
Some type of co op or vs thing? First person to get the coins, but don't know how many you have? Or something similar.

MisterLuffy

Oct 25, 2017
They said nothing about amiibo which was surprising. I hope they're compatible in more than just SMB1.
Just to be clear, I wasn't speaking about the amiibo but yeah they haven't shown it in the direct. I was more speaking about playing as Luigi, Toadette, and Toad besides playing as Mario. Like having a character select screen or an option to choose characters before playing levels.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Did not expect Mario Maker to have this amount of content, especially the multiplayer bits. Even the story mode has got me hyped. The possibilities the 'Set the Win Condition" Mode add to the game will allow so many creative courses (and some awful ones).

Can't help but think the Switch is lining up to become Nintendo's best 1st party software output ever for a console.

retroJ

Oct 27, 2017
The new additions do look fantastic. I was not at all expecting online multiplayer. It looks like it could be a lot of fun.

edit* Think they could do some cool things with the Switch app. Might actually get some use with it.

HorseFD

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that gives me pause are the gimmicks on the night stages. The gimmicks are neat, but an option to toggle them off would be appreciated for those times when you want the night aesthetic/atmosphere but regular gameplay.
I'm hoping that's the case too. The night themes look great and I really want to use them without the effects.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Did not expect Mario Maker to have this amount of content, especially the multiplayer bits. Even the story mode has got me hyped. The possibilities the 'Set the Win Condition" Mode add to the game will allow so many creative courses (and some awful ones).

Can't help but think the Switch is lining up to become Nintendo's best 1st party software output ever for a console.
Switch is Nintendo firing on all cylinders. Once Metroid arrives (in the form of Trilogy HD and/or MP4), this thing will feel so complete. Of course, ideally we'll F-Zero, Star Fox, Pikmin, etc, at some point. Bring 'em on.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
My only major reservation is that I have a feeling the dislike button is gonna punish people for making challenging couses. If Mario Maker showed me anything, it's that a lot of people are realllly bad at Mario. For example, for fun I made a Super Mario Bros Special stage (the first stage), and that somehow got a 40% clear rate. A 1-1 stage!

Otherwise, the amount of stuff they added to this sequel is fucking incredible, I'll be here the moment it gets uploaded to the eshop!

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Switch is Nintendo firing on all cylinders. Once Metroid arrives (in the form of Trilogy HD and/or MP4), this thing will feel so complete. Of course, ideally we'll F-Zero, Star Fox, Pikmin, etc, at some point. Bring 'em on.
We all know the Switch library will only be complete once we get the Murasame Mysterious Castle 3D Action game, but I agree with the rest of your post.

Rez

Oct 25, 2017
Can’t watch the video now, but if someone has the time, can we get a threadmark with a rundown of the new info? :)