• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Jesus, this is just an overwhelming amount of content. I feel like I'd have choice paralysis just sitting down to make a level, but then again, I also feel like I'll be able to make any level that pops into my mind.

I'm here mostly for the endless supply of fucking bonkers 2D Mario, though.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, someone has to have pointed out this screenshot, right?
X2UDhyE.png

There are mini-pipes there, and it seems like the metal stuff in that forest screenshot isn't a theme exclusive element.
As odd as it sounds, possibly daytime SMB3 forest?

mini pipes must be single blocks, the metallic bits semi solid platforms

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Super Mario 3D World mode... But not actually in 3D.

Super Mario 3D World is enhanced over the other modes, but they didn't think to do the same with Super Mario Bros 2 which has been requested since the first game.

Online multiplayer... But no local multiplayer except for with multiple Switch systems.

It continues to amaze me how Nintendo continues to be so tone-deaf when it comes to decision-making.

I don't think anybody expected the 3D World mode to be 3D, that'd be an entirely different game, functionally

and the local multiplayer thing is unfortunate but, given the degree of control people have over their stage creations, that decision likely stems from considerations about how couch multiplayer Mario mechanics such as bubble and screen zoom might impact and subvert stage designs in ways that neither single-player play nor multi-switch play would

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched this.

Holy shit I can't wait to see what people come up with the new features.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019

Super Mario 3D World is enhanced over the other modes, but they didn't think to do the same with Super Mario Bros 2 which has been requested since the first game.

Online multiplayer... But no local multiplayer except for with multiple Switch systems.

It continues to amaze me how Nintendo continues to be so tone-deaf when it comes to decision-making.
Your first point being so unreasonable makes it hard to take the rest seriously.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
So I'm a little late but we all saw this empty slot under "Extra Game Styles" right

sV2Am96.png

So that's where they're gonna put Super Mario Bros 2 since it has different/unique gameplay from the other 4, like SM3DW does, right? RIGHT??
High chance: Mario 2
Potentially: Mario Land, Mario 64
Left Field: Mario + Rabbids, Mario Kart

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
The only nearby room is there on the official website, but you also need to have NSO and connected online (the host) to play with multiple Switches locally.

The reason why there's no multiplayer in a single console is because every player needs to have their own screen and split screen would be too small.

Check this for more info: https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...uirements-and-multiplayer-limitations.117196/
I've seen your thread, thank you. It compiles current state of information mixed with some sensible speculation opinions, but it doesn't cover your opinion on the messaging being clear or the speculation parts being separate from the information parts. For instance, where does Nintendo state split-screen would be too small? As far as I'm aware that's just your speculation, that may or may not be the actual reasoning behind lack of such feature - especially since the argument rings hollow to me.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There's at least one more unannounced style.

Now, i'll return you to your regularly scheduled freakout.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen your thread, thank you. It compiles current state of information mixed with some sensible speculation opinions, but it doesn't cover your opinion on the messaging being clear or the speculation parts being separate from the information parts. For instance, where does Nintendo state split-screen would be too small? As far as I'm aware that's just your speculation, that may or may not be the actual reasoning behind lack of such feature - especially since the argument rings hollow to me.
That's my speculation, that's why it's not in the thread.

Everything on the thread is already confirmed from the website.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017

I mean, really? Do you lack any sort of critical thinking ability? I sure hope you just woke up or something because all of that is easy to see why it is as it is.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017

You thought there was going to be a 3D game inside of Mario Maker 2? I don't think the problem here is with Nintendo...

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Local multiplayer seems okay with me; If I'm getting my ass kicked, I'll pass you my controller, like the original. Local multiplayer on one screen wasn't really expected.

Also anyone who has played NSMBU/Luigi U, knows that the local multiplayer in that game is barely worth playing. If one person goes to far the other becomes a bubble and.. it's wack
You thought there was going to be a 3D game inside of Mario Maker 2? I don't think the problem here is with Nintendo...
That post makes no sense.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
They should have called this sequel; Super Mario Maker: The Kitchen Sink

The amount of content in this game is staggering. The story mode is all I wanted. 100+ levels made by Nintendo? Um, yes please.

Day 0.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was planning on not buying this after owning MM1, but they added so much stuff to this game. The online versus looks fun, too.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Local multiplayer seems okay with me; If I'm getting my ass kicked, I'll pass you my controller, like the original. Local multiplayer on one screen wasn't really expected.

Also anyone who has played NSMBU/Luigi U, knows that the local multiplayer in that game is barely worth playing. If one person goes to far the other becomes a bubble and.. it's wack

That post makes no sense.
You're saying my post makes no sense? How so?

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California

Can you imagine being so miserable that you see a game packed to the gills with features, and all you can do is complain about what wasn't included?

MisterLuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they allow you to choose between characters like Luigi, Toadette, and Toad. Also, adding characters like Peach in the game as a playable character.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
The fantastic thing also with the new upload system is that we finally get to use tags while uploading instead of the work around of doing that in the website for no goddamn reason!
I'll actually use them now.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The game has four player online multiplayer; co-op and versus.

That's fine and I think co-op versus might allow friends to join you as well...

...but it's Nintendo so I don't expect to be able to party up with a friend before we search for other players. Mario Kart don't allow that and you gotta hope there is room in the lobby.

I'm worried MM2 will be the same.

Friends and Randoms cannot coexist in Nintendo Games and it bugs me to no end.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this looks fucking amazing. Really went above and beyond for this. The only thing missing I can think of is being able to bundle a set of levels together.

And I think SMB2 is totally going to happen with the way SM3DW works.