Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: I meant to say "commercial" instead of "launch trailer"

The game comes out in a little over a week, and with all of the footage we've seen over the past month, how are you all feeling about it?

hypepik3v.png

(make your own Mario Maker wallpaper)

NA Commercial:

Last edited:

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Getting it for around 30 bucks thanks to my gold coins.

But I'm very upset at NoA not including neither the stylus NOR the steelbook over here. Especially since Europe is getting it.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since the Direct I don't think my hype ever ceased.

After they walked back on their decision and confirmed that they're going to add in friend lobbies, this is easily GOTY material in the making.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I like the Music

But my left Joy-Con is drifting and I don't be able to handle a Mario Maker game with it lol. And no way in buying another Pair. So it's a Skip for me for now

vsabelle

Jun 4, 2019
Hell yeah. This is the first big Mario game I've been hyped about since SM3DL. Nothing against the ones in between, I just lost my interest in games for the most part until 2018.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
I like the Music

But my left Joy-Con is drifting and I don't be able to handle a Mario Maker game with it lol. And no way in buying another Pair. So it's a Skip for me for now

Get it repaired. I talked to Nintendo support the other day and they were willing to fix or replace it for $20 shipped, out of warranty. Or if your switch is under a year (or two?) old get it free. Better than spending another $70

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
The sequel is now truly a full-fledged 2D Mario release from EAD, and now adds on the endless value that Mario Maker fostered. Plus decent MP options.

I couldn't be more excited for this.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I never picked up Mario Maker 1 for the Wii U, it was either because of the lack of multiplayer or I wanted it more in a handheld (but then it came to 3DS and wasn't that great so i didn't get that either).

So I'm pretty excited about this. Before I recently replayed Mario 1, i haven't played a 2D Mario game in years and years. The first few levels of NSMB2 was probably the last time, with NSMB1 being the last time before that.

I didn't mind the "New" SMB look and feel in the forest DS game, mainly because there hadn't been a 2D Mario game in so long, but after that I already had my fill of that art and music style so I never got NSMB Wii, Wii U, or the Luigi expansion.

I know it's an option in this game, but having the other artstyles and music in this game will make it much more bearable.

I think local co-op on one Switch was official announced at some point (maybe it was that GameExplain video, I forget), but if it IS in the game it'll make it perfect to play my fiancé. She occasionally wants to play games together, bit lost modern games are too complicated for her.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Enjoyed the WiiU game but the sequel doesn't have resistive touch, and the new content isn't very exciting. They need to do 'Nintendo Maker' and include Kirby, Yoshi, Metroid, possibly even 3rd parties.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Its pre-ordered and installed on my memory card but... Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers also releases that day so... uh. Sorry Mario?

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really looking forward to be able to play it but my hype is controllable because I know what exactly what I'm getting (which isn't a bad thing either)

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Runner up for GOTY is really looking awesome!
NoA is really shit for not bothering with the stylus.
GOTY is absolutely going to be Trials of Mana

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Video game opinions are, 99.9% of the time, subjective. Not all games are for all people, and that is a fact that only a stubborn fool would argue against.

However, I genuinely do not understand anyone who does not see the concept of "unlimited Mario levels for the rest of the life of the Nintendo Switch Online Service" and not be even remotely stoked.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Guess I'm going digital with this one - tend to do physical for games I play continuously for a long stretch (so anything with a big SP campaign), and digital for games I switch in and out of regularly. I have the feeling I'll be swapping in and out of this game quite often.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
SMB2 as a mystery style would be absolutely insane and open up a new dimension to the game with how enemies and gimmicks work in that style.

However, I will also take a Paper Mario style.

Apr 9, 2019
Depends on how thorough Story Mode is really. A good supply of great-flowing stages with a nice little narrative incentive behind it sounds great, but I'm kinda worried about gimmicky or puzzle-style levels. So wait and see...

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Best looking game in Nintendo's 2019 lineup. Will be something special that gets supported for a long time.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
It's the first video game my son has ever anticipated in his life/paid attention to the release date (he's 5 and Mario Maker is his favorite game).

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Hype, but not that hype. I know what to expect, I know I'll have fun with it and I know I'll be spending at least a hundred hours or so with the game.