• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to remember, could Cat Mario flutter-jump in 3D World, or was that just Cat Peach? Can Cat Mario flutter-jump here?

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Or, you know:
latest

Though, i'm sure a lot of people forget that they are Mario 2 escapees like Birdo, Ninji and Bob-omb. That middle one should also be in (since they DID put it in Super Mario Run).

I really want the next mainline 3D Mario game to return to Subcon. Call it Super Mario Dream or something. Use the fact that it's a dreamworld to allow for even more weird and interesting gameplay, in the way that gravity offered unique gameplay opportunities in Mario Galaxy.

And they could easily add a Mario 2 theme to Mario Maker 2. Just look at the eReader levels in Mario Advance 4. Without changing the physics or controls of Mario 3 they were able to add a bunch of Mario 2 stuff.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
Three times we saw the new water element and three times it was in the forest theme.
Would be disappointing. Water can also be underground, Nintendo. Or in castles! D:

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like Nintendo should be pushing this game a little more. Will we get more info around E3? Before that? Not at all?
This is their biggest hitter right now and they've been pretty silent about it besides a JP only golden week trailer and some store poster leaks.
We're still more than a month away from release but I would have imagined them pushing this more.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I feel like Nintendo should be pushing this game a little more. Will we get more info around E3? Before that? Not at all?
This is their biggest hitter right now and they've been pretty silent about it besides a JP only golden week trailer and some store poster leaks.
We're still more than a month away from release but I would have imagined them pushing this more.

I expect E3's main focus will be Mario Maker 2 and people will almost be sick of it by the end after Treehouse have shown 40 hours of it. (But not actually sick of it, because damn son, it's more Mario Maker)

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
What they should do is to finally let me preorder the game so I can get that nice stylus...

Carbone

Oct 27, 2017
I expect E3's main focus will be Mario Maker 2 and people will almost be sick of it by the end after Treehouse have shown 40 hours of it. (But not actually sick of it, because damn son, it's more Mario Maker)
Yeah, and after E3 there will be all the previews, reviews, youtubers videos etc...
They've been spoiling all their titles like that since they adopted a shorter promo cycle and i hate it. Only BotW has been spared, thanks to the GreatPlateau and that was great to have so much to discover once the game has been released.

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
There's no way we go without info until E3, what are you guys' expectations for a new official trailer? Next week? 2 weeks? More?

Seiniyta

Oct 25, 2017
E3 is 2 weeks before release. That would be super unlike Nintendo to not show off things for the game. By then ads and such should be happening.

I really hope we get info soon..

KeRaSh

Oct 26, 2017
Still unable to preorder the game digitally. I want that stylus!

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
Has it been clear on what the Nintendo Switch Online features will cover? Is this game going to require the service for everything, or not everything? I hope it's not a requirement for sharing levels, but I can see that that would be the case. Maybe as a minimum the random level challenge (100 Mario Challenge) will not require it?

Thank you for reading.

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
Do you guys anticipate a demo being released too? I would like to see how building levels feels before I commit. Im not convinced on joystick stage creator yet and would like to try before I buy (itll likely feel fine, i just wanna try)

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Do you guys anticipate a demo being released too? I would like to see how building levels feels before I commit. Im not convinced on joystick stage creator yet and would like to try before I buy (itll likely feel fine, i just wanna try)
no way. nintendo has only done demos for newer, yet to be proven IPs or if they need stress testing. they already have the experience from MM1

NappingRat

Jul 2, 2018
Has it been clear on what the Nintendo Switch Online features will cover? Is this game going to require the service for everything, or not everything? I hope it's not a requirement for sharing levels, but I can see that that would be the case. Maybe as a minimum the random level challenge (100 Mario Challenge) will not require it?

Thank you for reading.
They have not been clear on what features will require NSO, but I'd imagine that all non-local interactions will require it (based on the investor briefings where they talk about upcoming titles that will boost demand for the subscription).

That means there may be some sort of Nintendo designed built in campaign that is always available and that you can design levels for your roommate to play on the same switch (which could be sharable locally between two Switches like the 3DS version of MM).

I really think it will be an offline game if you don't have NSO; it's a simple message to convey in the PR even if we don't like the result.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
I had a dream last night that Nintendo announced DLC for Mario Maker already, called the Beast Mode Pack. It included incredibly hard levels made by Nintendo staff, and also had the Yoshi's Island template for people who wanted to create Yoshi's Island levels.