• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
im ok with this release date between now and then im stacked with switch games im currently playing so this works out fantastic.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Yup, first day 1 game since Smash for me.

Probably my goty too... can't wait!

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
82256_gb_news.jpg
Sure but they're not going to do a Direct for that, it's the kind of game you just release when it's ready

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
For press members, did Nintendo send out a press release about this? Curious if there's any additional details we can find in the PR.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Just confirm multiplayer and I'll get it day one.

I'd be amazed if it doesn't, but I still want it to be announced.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Nintendo is obviously saving Directs for the BIG BOMBSHELL ANNOUNCEMENTS these days; updates to already-announced games and late Switch ports aren't good enough in the Furukawa/Bowser era. So if third parties want to get on the Direct train, they better bring their AAA-ticket stuff -- same-day launches, new-for-Switch features, and exclusive titles only! Woo!

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018
So... this means even more likely no general direct till E3 huh. I'll still look forward to a Pokemon direct before E3, with more info on Sword & Shield and hopefully a new non-mobile Pokemon game (Mystery Dungeon plz)

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
What do you think those Toadette crates in that render are for (assuming that they actually appear in the game, since that design in pretty specific)? Letting you change character mid-stage, that could be interesting (if each character has unique abilities/attributes)?

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Nintendo with the sparse ass lineup and then drop everything from July to December. Fuck off.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Why is everyone so convinced this is launching alongside smaller Switch revision?
Rumors that Switch lite revision is launching mid-year

Date for Super Mario Maker 2 was vague "June" when announced

First of a round of games that resemble Nintendo's usual handheld lineup

Date was finally confirmed right before their year-end investor briefing, where you'd expect them to outline plans for the coming year

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Expected it to be released mid June honestly, but cant wait for this one.

No first party published retail games for 3 months, and then bang - 4 in 4 weeks.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Sure but they're not going to do a Direct for that, it's the kind of game you just release when it's ready
The game is going to be released at E3, I'm pretty sure. It will be an "available today" thing like they did with Hollow Knight last year and that saw huge sales so I think they'll want the same for their crossover game

Unless it gets delayed lol

Nintendo with the sparse ass lineup and then drop everything from July to December. Fuck off.

Shhh, people get upset when you point out the obvious, that this has been a very weak first half from a first party perspective. Same as last year though. At least the big games start at the end if June this time. Last year it was next to nothing until April

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know why everyone thinks this needs a dedicated direct. Mario Maker is mostly a known quantity. It's the kind of game they can feature in Treehouse Live or do one of those 5-7 minute overview trailers and be done with

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
July is going to be an expensive month, I wish Nintendo would start releasing some of their titles first half instead of keeping everything for the last 6 months of the year.