• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

safety_lite

Jan 16, 2018
Chicago, IL
I just finished two more 100-coin exploration levels. I'm gearing up to make a small super world and I think I've landed on a gameplay style that I really like. Lots of secrets and little challenges throughout. Each of the levels will have three optional mini-challenge rooms with pink coins.

High Life - LTR-P40-2GF
Flood Buddies - 06V-W5C-KCG

I had a lot of fun making these and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:

safety_lite

Jan 16, 2018
Chicago, IL
Phil32 Welcome back - Glad to hear you're getting back into it! I also tend to set this down for awhile and revisit, but for whatever reason, I've finally been digging into the level editor and I've been hooked.

Here are two more in the 100-coin hunt series! As usual, a surplus of coins in each level and red pipes are optional. The first is focused around boppin' thwomps with a shelmet and the other is built around chucking snowballs!

Forth & Back (& Forth) - 480-23W-CNG

Snow Biz - G1L-Q7D-5KG

Edit: Also, does anyone else find their levels get progressively difficult as they make more?

Last edited:

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Hot Haute Heels
BFY-VJQ-N3G

SMB3 / Standard & Speedrun

Made a new level last night — a 100-coin collect-a-thon about buying shoes. I made a little promo trailer for it, too. I really enjoyed Nintendo's recent "Cape Master" Ninji course, so I built a branching course with plenty of routes and pipes.
I just finished two more 100-coin exploration levels. I'm gearing up to make a small super world and I think I've landed on a gameplay style that I really like. Lots of secrets and little challenges throughout. Each of the levels will have three optional mini-challenge rooms with pink coins.

High Life - LTR-P40-2GF
Flood Buddies - 06V-W5C-KCG

I had a lot of fun making these and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Phil32 Welcome back - Glad to hear you're getting back into it! I also tend to set this down for awhile and revisit, but for whatever reason, I've finally been digging into the level editor and I've been hooked.

Here are two more in the 100-coin hunt series! As usual, a surplus of coins in each level and red pipes are optional. The first is focused around boppin' thwomps with a shelmet and the other is built around chucking snowballs!

Forth & Back (& Forth) - 480-23W-CNG

Snow Biz - G1L-Q7D-5KG

Edit: Also, does anyone else find their levels get progressively difficult as they make more?

I played all of the ones that are quoted here. My goodness, I really enjoyed them! Forth & Back (& Forth) was without question my favorite. I loved riding the skull lifts and how they set off various things within the levels. Hitting the P-buttons while riding on them was a thrill as well! The titular forth and back (and forth again up top) was really clever and fun!

Really, all of these levels are brilliant. I don't have much experience making 100 coin collection levels, so I can only imagine how difficult it is to not go overboard with making something too long that it makes dying feel like so deflating to the point of being unmotivated to play through the level again. Your levels are the perfect length with so many fascinating and wonderful ways of collecting coins. They're perfect for replaying, going after the three red coins one time (btw, your mini-rooms, as they were, where the red coins are-were really clever, too!), speed-running the next, and just finding all the different paths through the level to complete it either faster than one's previous run or to just discover something different.

safety_lite

Jan 16, 2018
Chicago, IL
Phil32 Thanks so much for giving these a play (and for the kind feedback!). They were definitely designed with a few of the speedrun ninji courses in mind, so I tried to provide plenty of options to explore routing. I'm glad you enjoyed Forth & Back (& Forth) so much! That one is my personal favorite so far, but I think the mechanic can confuse and frustrate some players that don't understand it right away (it's certainly not standard Mario formula to double back). It makes me really happy when it does click for a player!

I'm hoping to do 3 more of these 100-coin hunts to put together into a super world with a shorter level in between each to break up the longer sections (and potentially introduce concepts in smaller chunks before encountering them in the larger levels). I'm worried the longer coin hunt stages will try some players' patience if they're all played one after the other.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Safety_Man I've been slowly working through your levels. They are fun. Quite different to what I'm use to playing so I've enjoyed these more thorough coin hunts. Shame the game has no user generated ninjis. These would be perfect for them.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Hadn't played in a while so thought it was time. Decided to stick to SMB1 style. Very basic so don't get excited but I think I might try to make a small superworld of SMB levels.

Moles in holes.Wanted it to feel like a zombie horde threatening to overwhelm you so is basically just lots of molemen.
Vg3-jbm-jgf

Spikeball tumbleweeds. I always come back to spikes, liked the idea of them rolling up and down sand-dunes so this is what I ended up with.
2fy-kjq-7lg

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Hadn't played in a while so thought it was time. Decided to stick to SMB1 style. Very basic so don't get excited but I think I might try to make a small superworld of SMB levels.

Moles in holes.Wanted it to feel like a zombie horde threatening to overwhelm you so is basically just lots of molemen.
Vg3-jbm-jgf

Spikeball tumbleweeds. I always come back to spikes, liked the idea of them rolling up and down sand-dunes so this is what I ended up with.
2fy-kjq-7lg

I played a bunch of your levels. Fun stuff. Very traditional feeling. Good job :)

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I went back and played my entire Super World for my stream, and it only made me want to make a bigger and better sequel with all the new goodies that were in added in the final update. Why do I do this to myself? :X

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a looong time but I finally uploaded some new levels. I had been waiting to upload four in a batch so I had enough for another world in my Super World, and then I kinda stopped at my third... just got around to finishing a fourth, so here they all are.

eUg4Rk5.jpg

Chain Chomp Zoo
"Careful! Caged Chomps can still bite!"
RWY-V9J-VSF
A fairly traditional course set around a theme, it's a recreation of the first (serious) course I made for the first Super Mario Maker.

jNgY3DV.jpg

Hanging Gardens of Dinosaur Land
"Jump and climb through the seventh wonder of the Mushroom Kingdom!"
T2S-S8B-94G
Another recreated course that I made for the first, this was always one of my favorites that I just never got around to recreating. The added Mario Galaxy music helps push it over the top here.

uLkWZJq.jpg

Sulfur Sluice
"Carefully time your runs through the acid pools in this volcanic cave!"
P0B-PJ7-7WF
Wanted to make something "volcanic" themed in lieu of an actual volcano theme. Intended to be trickier than my standard fare.

yLqtjdo.jpg

Scrappy Scablands
"Very little sure footing to be found in these desolate badlands!"
1X9-PCD-VJG
Fairly straightforward, mostly designed around tricky jumps. Big spinies, firebars, spike traps, and bottomless pits... and a surprise ending.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Been a while but I made a new level for my super world. This is a traditional level about using p switches to clear obstacles and hazards. There are a couple tight spots but overall it shouldn't be too difficult. There are 5 big coins if you are feeling adventurous or are looking for extra challenge.

Course Name: 3-1 Switcheroo Grotto

Course ID: ___-___-___

Last edited:

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Made a few edits to my course to make it clearer and a bit easier to understand where to go and what is safe and not safe.

Course Name: 3-1 Switcheroo Grotto

Course ID: TNW-HCR-FXF

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hello all, here's another level, some 4 months after the last one. It's a rougelike level that plays a little differently each time and uses just about everything I could fit into it. May luck be on your side and give you the stronger power-ups more than the weaker ones.

The Bounding of Isaac
8TG-CL0-V1G
Rougelike Mario! 11 random power-ups, 5 bosses, and alt paths. Good luck!

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Hello all, here's another level, some 4 months after the last one. It's a rougelike level that plays a little differently each time and uses just about everything I could fit into it. May luck be on your side and give you the stronger power-ups more than the weaker ones.

The Bounding of Isaac
8TG-CL0-V1G
Rougelike Mario! 11 random power-ups, 5 bosses, and alt paths. Good luck!

Very fun level and well decorated too :)

Oct 25, 2017
So, since I last posted here back in March I've made three levels for MM2, one each in May, June, and July... and while I just uploaded that third level, what I've noticed with the other two is that they have DRAMATICALLY fewer plays than my older levels. I know I didn't mention them here, but that can't make THAT much of a difference can it? Have player populations really collapsed that badly? I mean, the two levels are a month or two old and have six and eight plays, respectively. Meanwhile, while none of my levels are really successful, at least some of the older ones have like 50-plus plays and more likes. These are way below that. I know that since Nintendo abandoned the game people are going to slowly leave, unfortunately, but I won't...

First, from May, is The Desert of Regret. Code Q77-LXD-7MF (Theme: Mario 1)

It's a pretty tough level but definitely beatable, just make the jumps and you'll be fine! My original concept was 'a super annoying troll-ey level full of softlocks where you can't die but will have a hard time winning' but I didn't follow through, fortunately for anyone who plays the level. Well, I did follow through, except not for the "softlocks" or "troll-ey" parts. "You can't easily die but may have a hard time winning", though? Yes, that describes this level well.

What I made is a fairly precise platformer level with small platforms to jump between, including note blocks, donut blocks, timed P-switch sections, and lots of required use of momentum to make jumps. There is also one puzzle near the end, and there are two checkpoints. Below you is not death pits, but ground that lead to reset doors or paths that send you back to the last checkpoint. At first the level didn't have the reset doors but while working on the level today I changed course and added them in order to have a much more fun and playable stage, instead of an intentionally bad one. I had some fun with the level once I added the reset doors, it's frustrating but in that good 'I want to learn this jump' way that Mario's controls make so special.

There are no enemies in the level other than a couple of tornado things which cannot hurt you because the concept was 'you shouldn't be able to die'. However, I did have to add a spike in the sub-world to let you die because of one puzzle near the end that irreparably breaks if you get certain coins. I decided on keeping the puzzle over keeping the total no-die thing.

I thought about the name for a while before going with "The Desert of Regret". You're alone here, it's just you and the desert. The description text is "Live. Jump. Repeat." which is a reference some may some may recognize.

You can definitely do better than my clear check time, I got through the first section really quickly but did fall down a bunch in the middle section. You can also do a lot worse, though -- I had less time left on the clock in the time I cleared the level from the first checkpoint than the time I cleared it from the start. Heh. As with many of my levels I think getting to the first checkpoint is one of the hardest things in the level, though a few specific jumps in the rest of the stage are also hard. I hope someone out there enjoys the level though. Despite having only 6 plays the level does have two likes, which is nice. Both people who actually finished the level liked it.

Next, in June I made The Climb - Versus. Code 124-T1P-XNG (Theme: Mario 1)

This level is a second take on my level The Climb from a bit ago. I thought that the level's 'climb as you jump up around dropping ice blocks and donuts' concept would work great with multiplayer, so I made this level that does exactly that. It's the same basic idea, but with four sections for multiplayer versus play and more variety as you climb -- each of the four routes up the level is broken into several sections, each a bit different. First you climb with static icicles, then with donut blocks, then finally with dropping icicles. There are powerups to give you extra chances, though I put more at the bottom of each path than the top. The level has eight plays and no hearts, though it does have two clears. Disappointingly, it hasn't been played in multiplayer versus even once. I know it's hard by multiplayer versus standards, but still, it'd be nice if it was. I think this level is probably overall better than the original version of The Climb because of the added variety as you go up, but with way fewer plays and no hearts I guess players disagree?

Oh -- for design reasons, two of the four paths are jumping along the right side of the shafts, the other two on the left side. I wonder which way people find easier... I found it easy either way, though -- while working on and clearing this level I played through all four paths, to make sure they worked, and didn't die even one single time. I've clearly played my 'the climb' concept enough that I find it easier than most.

And then today I made another level. This one finally continues my super world, at long last! 2-2: Bombardment Hills. Code 43Q-GC6-5JG.

For the few of you who played The Castle, don't worry too much; while challenging, this level is short, not long, and is nowhere near as hard as that level is. This is a one minute long speedrun of sorts. Basically, you're running to the right mostly at full speed, jumping over spikes as you go, while a whole armada of Lakitus try to kill you from above. If you stop for more than an instant, they'll get you. So yeah, the level is frustrating and can seem unfair based on Lakitu 'where are they throwing the spikes' RNG, but with practice I figured out how to fairly consistently get through. Most of the level is done without a powerup, as I couldn't think of a way to give you one that wouldn't make it possible to probably damage boost up and take one of the Lakitu clouds, something that I don't want to happen until the end of the stage. There also isn't a checkpoint because I can't think of a way to have the Lakitu cloud chase work from halfway; I'd need a second Lakitu cloud, and that would hit the enemy limit and then they wouldn't throw many spineys if the first cloud was still on screen. The level is short enough that it's very beatable in one shot, though; it is only a minute long, again, and that includes the boss fight at the end.

As for that boss, I thought of several things, but ended up going with something that I think works pretty well -- it's a fight in a clown car against a Koopa Kid. Take out the Lakitus as well for some lives, and then relieve yourself of their attack. The fight can be a bit tricky but
hit those question mark blocks, they have mushrooms in them!

The other thing I did not do in this level is put a coin trail along the way telling the player what jump heights they should be using. Perhaps I should do that, to save the significant amount of trial and error it takes to get the jumps down since they are NOT all max height, but I chose to leave it up to the player; I don't like too-heavily-indicated levels really, unless the indicator is necessary. And that's why there is a coin trail at one point in the level, for one truly blind fall. I had to indicate that, so I did. Otherwise though, learning those jumps is the point of the stage. You either like this kind of level or you don't. I'd say I'm on both sides of that one; I mean, I like this type of level so long as it isn't too too hard (I'm no Team Precision player to say the least!), but it certainly can be frustrating, particularly if certain spinies keep killing you. For a small hint,
small hops on the uphill slopes are a very good idea. That's the only way I found to survive one particularly annoying spinie on a steep uphill early in the level, for instance.

Overall I think this level turned out well, it fairly accurately reflects the original design I drew back in the early '90s -- remember the eight numbered Super World levels (of which this is level six) are based on paper designs of mine from my childhood. This level was a 'run and jump over the spikes while a cloud chases you shooting lighting bolts at you' concept. I think a bunch of Lakitus stand in well for an angry cloud.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Next month, my friends and I are going to be running a handful of tournaments for a gaming convention. One that I'm planning to do is a Mario Maker 2 Multiplayer Versus tournament through LAN mode. Each station would be loaded with a level pack chosen by us specifically for the event, for players to pick levels from and race on.

What we're leaning toward right now is for the level pack to be split between recreations of classic Mario levels and original Mario Maker levels, depending on how much of each we can find that fit the purpose. So basically I'm combing through some level maps right now looking for good candidates for Mario Maker VS mode conversions. I've got some in mind already but I'm wondering if anyone in here might have some in mind that they think would be a perfect fit for this.

The further you get away from SMB1 though, the less viable it is to convert levels from other games into Mario Maker without making some major compromises due to missing tools. And I do want to have a decently balanced selection from the 4 main styles. So I'm also looking for suggestions for original levels as well.

There's a few pitfalls that I want to avoid in either case though:
  • Can't have levels with environments that make them impossible to clear after failure. Like W9-7 from NSMBW would be an obvious pick for me, if not for my suspicion that the stage would be impassable once too much of the ice platforms melt. Soft-locks are no good.
  • I want to avoid bottlenecks that would punish the player in the lead. This basically means that I'd remove bosses from stages and avoid clear conditions like "collect/defeat all X," which usually devolve into camping/sniping for that last hit/trinket or whatever.
  • All stages must be a good fit for any number of players. Not sure if we're going to do 2 or 4 players per match yet.
  • There should be a decent selection of courses from a wide range of difficulty levels. The idea is that the early rounds of the tournament would be limited to a selection on the easy side of the scale, while the final rounds would be at the harder end.

Trying to use the built-in filters for Versus levels is no good because--much like for all kinds of levels--quality does not correlate to high-ranking levels in the in-game rankings. So I'm asking around for suggestions. Y'all played anything lately that you think would be good for a race?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Oh god I forgot this thread existed and I'm so behind on the twitter account posting level codes!

Oct 25, 2017
Lots to catch up on here in the thread. But first, for those of you still playing:

New levels every Sunday, with the first batch slated for 15 August. Codes will come up on the website: http://5ymm.warp.world

And here is last year's edition, if any of you haven't caught up on it yet and want to see the style and calibre of level design you can expect.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lots to catch up on here in the thread. But first, for those of you still playing:

New levels every Sunday, with the first batch slated for 15 August. Codes will come up on the website: http://5ymm.warp.world

And here is last year's edition, if any of you haven't caught up on it yet and want to see the style and calibre of level design you can expect.

I didn't realize they were doing one this year, it seemed like was going to take a break after 4YMM. Shame, I have a nearly finished level I've been sitting on for nearly a year that was designed with a secret ending in mind that would have been a good fit. I'll finish it someday (he says after starting work on a totally different new level last night)

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Next month, my friends and I are going to be running a handful of tournaments for a gaming convention. One that I'm planning to do is a Mario Maker 2 Multiplayer Versus tournament through LAN mode. Each station would be loaded with a level pack chosen by us specifically for the event, for players to pick levels from and race on.

What we're leaning toward right now is for the level pack to be split between recreations of classic Mario levels and original Mario Maker levels, depending on how much of each we can find that fit the purpose. So basically I'm combing through some level maps right now looking for good candidates for Mario Maker VS mode conversions. I've got some in mind already but I'm wondering if anyone in here might have some in mind that they think would be a perfect fit for this.

The further you get away from SMB1 though, the less viable it is to convert levels from other games into Mario Maker without making some major compromises due to missing tools. And I do want to have a decently balanced selection from the 4 main styles. So I'm also looking for suggestions for original levels as well.

There's a few pitfalls that I want to avoid in either case though:
  • Can't have levels with environments that make them impossible to clear after failure. Like W9-7 from NSMBW would be an obvious pick for me, if not for my suspicion that the stage would be impassable once too much of the ice platforms melt. Soft-locks are no good.
  • I want to avoid bottlenecks that would punish the player in the lead. This basically means that I'd remove bosses from stages and avoid clear conditions like "collect/defeat all X," which usually devolve into camping/sniping for that last hit/trinket or whatever.
  • All stages must be a good fit for any number of players. Not sure if we're going to do 2 or 4 players per match yet.
  • There should be a decent selection of courses from a wide range of difficulty levels. The idea is that the early rounds of the tournament would be limited to a selection on the easy side of the scale, while the final rounds would be at the harder end.

Trying to use the built-in filters for Versus levels is no good because--much like for all kinds of levels--quality does not correlate to high-ranking levels in the in-game rankings. So I'm asking around for suggestions. Y'all played anything lately that you think would be good for a race?
So I ran this over the weekend.

Was a bigger hit than expected. We only had 8 participants for the actual tournament, but all 4 stations were busy during free play for the rest of the convention time. Made all that time spent cranking out levels specifically for this event worth it.

VS mode was a really cool addition to Mario Maker 2. Sure would be nice if the netcode wasn't ass.

Oct 25, 2017
I know this thread is dead, and the number of people playing the game is similarly down dramatically from where it was, but unless they turn the servers off I don't think I'll ever stop playing.

And on that note, after quite a lot of work -- the last level took a while for me to complete -- I finally have finished and uploaded all eight levels of my Super World based on childhood game level concepts of mine! As of my last post here, I had finished six of the levels. I did level seven in October, and the last one I finally uploaded today after several weeks of work. I also made a few other levels in between, as well, one easier and one tougher. Because of the games' decline few people are playing them, but at least some people are still playing this game and I am one of them.

Walljump Land - WDC-7N2-0SG (3D World)
2-3: Ocean Crossing - VCW-1D6-NYF (Mario 3)
Jumps and Flight - N0Y-X4C-96G (Mario World)
2-4: Your Castle at Last! - 7YM-8KL-0CG (Mario 3)

Walljump Land (3D World) - This is a level all about jumping up narrow vertical paths while jumping back and forth, avoiding spike walls along the way. This is another one of my levels with no regular enemies, only you and spikes this time. I think it's a solidly fun level if you like this kind of thing. This is not a precision level, to be clear. There is some decently challenging platforming, but anyone can beat this with practice. I put in powerups so you can hit some spikes and keep going. Again the code is WDC-7N2-0SG.

2-3: Ocean Crossing (Mario 3) - This level ended up being harder than I initially thought, I put some tricky jumps in this one. I had to change this level pretty significantly from the original concept in order to make it work in Mario Maker, you can't really make the original concept in this game. Fortunately, I think I came up with something interesting instead, and which preserves the original theme of the stage for the most part. Ocean Crossing is a surface-of-the-water level, so you spend some time in the water and some above it. You will spend most of the level in a frog suit, since it makes water jumping so much better and more fun than otherwise. The level alternates between platforming section and two battles against larger numbers of enemies on a pair of ships. Some of the jumps in the platforming sections are a bit tight, but as usual this isn't a full-on precision level, I'd never be able to beat one of those. This level is mostly about learning the jumps. It's a challenge, but one I enjoy. As for the battle sections, I think I came up with a decent setup for the final battle against the last of the Koopa Kids, Morton. I like the aesthetics in this level, as you go through it, too. It's quite a journey. Code is VCW-1D6-NYF.

Jumps and Flight (Mario World) - I made this level in December, and it's probably one of my easiest and simplest stages. That doesn't mean it is easy, though; it's at least Normal in challenge. It's just quite straightforward, and without much in the way of nice environments or such. This is a short-ish stage. You just jump between small platforms for the first half of the level, then navigate a fairly standard P-balloon path in the second half. The level has a clear but no likes and i get it, not sure if I'd heart this level either... I mean, it's fine, but nothing special. I just wanted to make a level quickly, and make a Mario World level finally as well, so I did. Code N0Y-X4C-96G.

2-4: Your Castle at Last! (Mario 3) - I just finished uploading this level, as, as I mentioned, after probably a week and a half of work, maybe a bit more. This is a fairly complex level made up of three sections. This level is on the long side -- my clear check time is 4:43 -- but hey, it's the last level of the Super World, it better be challenging and a memorable journey! I think that while frustrating at points, it is one of my best levels. The checkpoints are basically perfectly placed as well. Each of the three sections of the level is different --the first a platforming challenge; the second a few tricky jumps and then a battle against a lot of enemies; and the last, the final battle against Bowser, followed with the concluding section celebrating your victory. The first section is reasonably similar to my original concept, but the second is mostly new and the third a mostly traditional Mario 3 Bowser fight followed by the conclusion. Time-wise, that third part actually takes the most time, Bowser's RNG can be frustrating as you wait for him to attack at the right spots to break through the floor. I think that was the right choice for a boss battle though, it works well. It's really satisfying when you get him to beat himself! Clearing this level was pretty hard for me, but it'd be a much less frustrating task for anybody else in one key respect, you don't need to beat the level from the beginning without dying. That was what I had the most trouble with here; once I finally did that, beating it from the checkpoints took much less time.

So what is this level? It is your final trip to rescue your besieged castle from the enemy leader at its gates. First, you cross a bridge over the poisoned lake in front of the castle. Note, this is a night forest level. That is relevant at times. In this section, you jump between bridge sections, avoiding fireballs while fighting or avoiding some enemies. There's just one mushroom at the start, but that's enough for this part. After the checkpoint, which is about 40 seconds into the level on average, there is one final tough jumping section, first. This jump is partially blind, but I couldn't come up with a better way to make it happen. You can see the area you need to drop to, it's just on the bottom of your screen. The jump after that is trickier, but it's not as hard as what you face after that: a battle against enemy forces. Here, you get a frog suit, and there are several more around the area. You fight against Bowser Jr. and a bunch of troops in a mushroom forest garden, including Hammer Bros. and Magikoopas. I recommend going up to get the frog suit guarded by the two Hammer Bros. on the gate into the garden; it's worth it to get rid of them. For this battle, you just need to kill Bowser Jr. to continue, but most of the other foes will need to go to get him. I strongly recommend staying up high and not going down into the bottom of the garden. Once you complete this, you get the second checkpoint and face Bowser. As I said, it's a conventional Mario 3 Bowser fight, so you have to get him to break a floor. I did add a few fireballs on certain tiles to make things a little tougher, but that's it. There are several frog suits in this area to give you additional hits, and yes, I needed them. After you beat him, there's one last little run back to the castle's back door, and you win. Make sure to hit the P-switch that opens the door, then get to it! (It's on the bottom of the garden. I tried to make this clear with some notes made of coins.)

As anyone who plays the level hopefully will realize, during the process of making this level I decided to use frog suit powerups to represent your allied forces. I think it works reasonably well. They were going to defend the castle to the last. Fortunately, you saved the day first. Code 7YM-8KL-0CG.

Turnbuckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
My son stayed up extra late last night working on a "Super Secret" Mother's Day level as a gift for his mama. It's nothing amazing compared to what's normally shared here but he asked me to tell all of my "friends" about it so their Mothers and Daddys could try it too lol.

4B9-TQC-W0H

It seems this thread is pretty dead but I didn't know where else to share it. :P

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
My son stayed up extra late last night working on a "Super Secret" Mother's Day level as a gift for his mama. It's nothing amazing compared to what's normally shared here but he asked me to tell all of my "friends" about it so their Mothers and Daddys could try it too lol.

4B9-TQC-W0H

It seems this thread is pretty dead but I didn't know where else to share it. :P
Have you tried sharing it on /r/MarioMaker? Lots of activities there.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Okay! This topic is pretty dead, but I'm still posting my new levels in here, I don't give a fuck.

2GOgBFQ.jpg

Sunnyside Cliff
"A slow stroll down a scenic cliff belies hidden secrets."
GND-CF4-WRF
The closest thing I can attempt to make that comes to a "1-1" for me. Tried to go for a visual style I haven't really seen before.

VBRSq26.jpg

Main Street Bridge
"This old bridge has seen better days."
0T8-DBS-Q1G
A rough recreation of a level I made in the first Super Mario Maker, went through some heavy retooling.

hI4JlXB.jpg

Seafood Sewer
"You'll have to turn the valves on and off to get through this Fishbone dumping ground."
68F-HGL-5CG
My shot at making an above ground level built entirely around Fishbones, which don't function normally outside of water.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Man, I saw everybody making a big deal about some "Super Mario Bros 5" a couple weeks ago. Like, what's the big deal? Hundreds of people have made "full games" in Mario Maker and/or Mario Maker 2. Hell, I made one that was 96 levels long for crying out loud.

That said, I'm done with SMM at this point. I've hit my level cap and I got into the Mario Multiverse beta, so I'd rather just make levels over there anyhow.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
Man, I saw everybody making a big deal about some "Super Mario Bros 5" a couple weeks ago. Like, what's the big deal? Hundreds of people have made "full games" in Mario Maker and/or Mario Maker 2. Hell, I made one that was 96 levels long for crying out loud.

That said, I'm done with SMM at this point. I've hit my level cap and I got into the Mario Multiverse beta, so I'd rather just make levels over there anyhow.

He just did a decent job of promoting his level pack and got lucky. Right place right time sort of thing. I tried some of his levels and they were only ok.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I wish I had the time and motivation to finish the world I posted about making years ago when the World Update released, but I'll be damned if life doesn't find a way to keep you busy with jobs, etc.
Good on GreenMamba for still posting your levels!

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.

View: https://twitter.com/MrSaturn99/status/1587462492892299265

Aside from lifting one of my SMM1 courses into the game, I didn't have much time to create levels back when SMM2 came out -- figures I'd only get around to it three years after release and when most everyone's moved on, ahaha. Regardless, I plan to create a steady flow of these.

As the above description implies, this one's pretty tough, so my word of advice is that even if Bloopers and their ilk don't afford you the luxury of stopping to think, don't just stubbornly forge ahead. Personally, I'm proud of how multi-layered it is with all the secrets/alternate routes and such, and true to the name, I took care to add a touch of character. Constructive criticism is welcome!

hI4JlXB.jpg

Seafood Sewer
"You'll have to turn the valves on and off to get through this Fishbone dumping ground."
68F-HGL-5CG
My shot at making an above ground level built entirely around Fishbones, which don't function normally outside of water.

This one was delightfully clever. Kudos!