• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Here's another short and sweet Multiplayer vs stage I just finished because the vs mode needs more of these.

Spiny Shell Hat Lap
8V2-621-4MF

Iceman2343

Oct 27, 2017
I made my first level in Mario Maker 2. It is a short/moderate jaunt through SMB 1 woods and underground. It has a couple small secrets if you explore a little bit and two "boss" battles.

8J9-XG5-0MG

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Someone just commented "trash" on my level. They don't have any uploaded courses or anything. I wonder what inspired such an impassioned response.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I present to you all my magnum opus, inspired by "true friendship"

PRISON BREAK
Break your Goombuddy out of prison. Teamwork is key!

6KJ-TYY-5LG

phew...think I'm done with making levels for a while. That took a while.

Very clever cause, although the last part with the Goomba was annoying since you set up the spike trap in a way that you need to be small Mario to past, unless I don't remember a trick from SMW that allows you to duck and go under objects (which I probably did). That and the door to restart is kinda pointless when it's covered in spikes.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Very clever cause, although the last part with the Goomba was annoying since you set up the spike trap in a way that you need to be small Mario to past, unless I don't remember a trick from SMW that allows you to duck and go under objects (which I probably did). That and the door to restart is kinda pointless when it's covered in spikes.

Yeah the spikes are meant to force you back into small Mario. That wasn't a reset door either, you aren't supposed to be able to get in, it's supposed to be the door the Goombud came through....lol. In my head canon the spikes are what make the Goombud small again...haha.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My 1st some what challenging level Bowser Jr's Gimmick fortress! 4XX-261-6LG
D_F4HfaVAAA5SFC

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Yeah the spikes are meant to force you back into small Mario. That wasn't a reset door either, you aren't supposed to be able to get in, it's supposed to be the door the Goombud came through....lol. In my head canon the spikes are what make the Goombud small again...haha.

Seems kinda trollish to give you a Mushroom and then take it away a moment later.

Aw, I see. Killed myself a few times thinking I needed to go through the door before I figured out what I needed to do.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
So I wanted to post a kind of feel good feel bad story. I was extremely excited to play Super Mario Maker being a die-hard Nintendo fan but figured at the time I would wait because of budget reasons.

Unfortunately 4 weeks ago as well my wife unexpectedly passed away in the night. It's been heart wrenching and completely crippling to me, especially as we had a sweet little baby. Anyway this is not the thread for all that.

After spending a few weeks with family I'd moved back home last week, and due to lack of motivation had not checked the mail until today... When what do I find but an unexpected copy of Super Mario Maker 2! It is in all likelihood the last gift I'll receive from her (I have now finally had the good sense to check her Amazon account) which is terribly sad, but 4 weeks to the day it put a smile on my face. I look forward to finally playing and thinking of my sweet love.

Peace!
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through. I hope the game can give you some smiles.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Made a new level! It's called Into the Depths, and it utilizes some themes and mechanics I've been itching to implement. Mario descends into the center of the earth with what is essentially a downward autoscroll!

Into the Depths
2YW-77M-W0G

EDIT: Eurgh, there's a soft lock in the second part due to the lava... If you wanna avoid it, just don't go into the optional pipes and doors after the checkpoint.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I wanted to post a kind of feel good feel bad story. I was extremely excited to play Super Mario Maker being a die-hard Nintendo fan but figured at the time I would wait because of budget reasons.

Unfortunately 4 weeks ago as well my wife unexpectedly passed away in the night. It's been heart wrenching and completely crippling to me, especially as we had a sweet little baby. Anyway this is not the thread for all that.

After spending a few weeks with family I'd moved back home last week, and due to lack of motivation had not checked the mail until today... When what do I find but an unexpected copy of Super Mario Maker 2! It is in all likelihood the last gift I'll receive from her (I have now finally had the good sense to check her Amazon account) which is terribly sad, but 4 weeks to the day it put a smile on my face. I look forward to finally playing and thinking of my sweet love.

Peace!

Kinda speechless here, deeply sorry for your loss. We're here for you if you need anything, Maker 2 related or otherwise.

Spaceroast

Oct 30, 2017
Touch Buzzy, Get Fizzy
ID: 46F-S4B-R0H

My first MM2 effort! Put a lot of time into this one. It's a Buzzy Beetle themed level with good ol' platforming and lots of rewards for exploration in coins, powerups, 1ups and faster routes. The name is, of course, a Yoshi's Island reference.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

Peace!

That utterly sucks and I'm so sorry about your lost. While it may bring you pain, I hope this game can also give you happy memories as it was her final gift to you.

ph1l0z0ph3r

Oct 27, 2017
So me and the misses finally made our first course and it was a blast. How does the game rate what difficulty bracket it falls into? Any tips and opinions on it would be appreciated.

25T-XMC-BPG

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

Peace!
Sorry for your loss.

Your story extremely heartbreaking.

Worst I've had in my life so far was grandfather passing away, so I can't even imagine the pain you are going through.

Be strong man, be strong for your baby.

eltercero

Feb 3, 2018
Madrid
So, I made a level about avoiding hitting the switch button or you'll die. It's kind of short, not specially easy but it's not kaizo either. Let me know what you think of it :)

D_DCnBpU8AAaC0N.jpg:large

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I need to go to sleep but got caught up playing more levels in this thread then making another level of my own. This game.... it never ends.
Ended up making a total gimmick stage but wanted to do something different.

Shark Cage Deep Sea Divin'
849-9F6-8QF
"Keep your hands and arms inside the cage at all times. Cheep Cheeps ahoy!"

Giz 76

Jul 9, 2019
Put together my second level. Bit more design to this one with 6 hidden coins to find and collect.

B7B-M8G-CLF

Appreciate any plays and feedback. Already onto my next creation 😁

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Another 3D World design question:

I need a static obstacle that can block Mario but allows enemies to travel through; the saw or bumper is the classic example from the other design paradigms but doesn't really fit here. Possibly a Stretch, but even then they hide on occasion.

Any thoughts?

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I need to go to sleep but got caught up playing more levels in this thread then making another level of my own. This game.... it never ends.
Ended up making a total gimmick stage but wanted to do something different.

Shark Cage Deep Sea Divin'
849-9F6-8QF
"Keep your hands and arms inside the cage at all times. Cheep Cheeps ahoy!"

I haven't had a chance to play it, but I wanted to say bravo on the idea.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Here's another short and sweet Multiplayer vs stage I just finished because the vs mode needs more of these.

Spiny Shell Hat Lap
8V2-621-4MF

I'm confused by this level, why so many 10-coins? Bonus items and "secrets" are just a distraction at worst in multiplayer and you feel cheated when you waste your time on them and someone else wins.

I also died a lot on the very first section with the dense spinies and the pit that's right below the start because I'm racing and trying to rush, kind of a drag since it's right at the start and you have to go through it twice every single time you die or need a new hat. I'm not sure what benefit the pit brings except siking you out while you jump back down with your hat.

And then I couldn't figure out how to get past even the first part you need the spiny shell? The spinies become so dense immediately, you lose your hat trying to go through them, but you need it for the second set? And then you need to do that annoying loop again to get a new hat.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
There was a troll level in endless with invisible block death, so I left a collent saying to be carefull abiut it, pretty sure the creator went to all my courses boo'ing them afterward because my maker point dropped by a lot while seeing his name popping up.
Stuff like this should not affect your ability to get medal clothes.

Just boo and move on. Anyone who puts troll blocks is looking to fuck people up. They dont want anything ruining that. Any level with an invisible troll block gets an auto boo from me. Engaging them literally does no good for you at all.

Luchadorable

Jan 14, 2018
I liked it! Wall jumping is one of my favorite Mario moves to do so it was fun to have a level that focused on it.

I was worried that I couldn't get some coins and that I'd fail, but then I realized that you put in extra coins to accommodate that. Fun!

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I made sure that the 'secret' areas required a little more skill to get to, but they all have two entry points in case you miss the koopa jump

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I plan to play every Era member created levels but it's hard to find them through all the pages. Is there a list of all the levels?

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
I continue to publicize my latest level with this post and invite you to try it out.

Attack on titan airship!
Mario is being chased by Bowser during a full frontal assault on king Koopa's armada of airships!
JX1-VDW-XQF

What others are saying:

Oh man, this level is so fast paced and chaotic (but in a good way) it was hard to follow what was going on sometimes, and yet, miraculously, I managed to beat it without dying once thanks to the power up placement :P I bet this took a lot of work and dedication to make. Kudos!

This is bloody amazing, by far the best use of custom autoscroll I've seen. I don't know how you managed to create a sense of speed and chaos like that without it actually being too difficult, but you did. Clever boss fight too.

:O
Awesome course. I bet it was a pain in the butt to create Bowser's, the player's and the autoscroll's pathway in a way it all works so smoothly. Very interesting stuff. Hopefully it blows up, because this deserves to be on the popular page. WR is mine.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you. 397 levels.. here we go..

I want to do the same thing, but I'm holding out that a bookmark page is made in some way. So I can more work on it in chunks.

Right now I've basically been spending a day on the new tab and thread levels, spending a day grinding hard levels, then a day creating and playing new popular or hot courses.

My energy for this game does not seem to dissipate at all. Think I already have 70 hours played and that's with mostly missing the first 4 days of release.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Just added my two most played and highly rated levels (like 50 plays lol) to the list but I'll post them here too

My most proud creation:
Super Mario Adventure-vania v2
S09-NPG-MXG

A metroidvania-lite adventure. Puzzles and locked pathways. Loved making and playing, and has been warmly received.

My second best level:
Jumping Over Mushroom Kingdom
PW9-KMK-G2G

Wall jump and use grappling hooks to get to the end. Several secrets and platforming skill needed.

Last edited:

iag

Oct 27, 2017
Made another light puzzle level, if anyone wants to try it ...

Code: GR5-PQ7-R8G
Title is Munchers >>> POWs

iag

Oct 27, 2017
Bulls vs. Blazers and the NBA Playoffs

QHC-9RL-24G

3JOSwxM.jpg

Go through the NBA training camp before facing off with your rivals at the big game!

It's a basketball course. Please tell me if it's too obtuse in any way, I tried to make it fairly easy!

That screenshot is a bunny doing a sick layup. I don't expect everyone to understand my art.
This is nice, didn't find it hard. The last puzzle though it's more football than basketball :)

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
This is nice, didn't find it hard. The last puzzle though it's more football than basketball :)
Funny, I just finished your puzzle level and was about to say it was another good concept.

Is it football though?? You're trying to shoot past defenders to get it into a hole, and they're doing the same to you! 100% b-ball, baby!

Now please explain your dry bones speed run because I have tried everything I know about dry bones shells and still can't even see the flag pole when the time runs out.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
There's 100 numbered levels in Story Mode, right? I've only got 90 of them and I'm 500 coins short of the next thing Toadette wants to build.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
There's 100 numbered levels in Story Mode, right? I've only got 90 of them and I'm 500 coins short of the next thing Toadette wants to build.

How is this possible? Is there other stuff to build when the castle is complete?

I only beat like 60 of the numbered levels and quit after finishing the castle and the side missions to unlock stuff.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
This level was very clever and fun. That said, there as some small issue I have with it.

First, for a level that depends on the hammer, you're really stingy about given it out. I had to restart the level twice because I got hit and lost the hammer and I couldn't find another power-up. Also, you can lock yourself out from finishing the level after beating the boss and jumping into the warp if you're missing any pink coins, which resulted in me restarting. Although, this may have been on purpose on your part.

Overall, great level.

Ill fix the warps back to doors so no one can get stuck like that, I only used warps then because the player starts "skipping" floors at that point. As for the hammer powerup it was more due to the way wrecking crew was a one hit kill game and I only used goombas and koopas which are slow. There were a few other things that had to be changed when making the level due to hitting the item limit.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
I just read on reddit that the "new courses" backlog is gone and the courses posted there currently are quite new.
Can't check it for myself right now. But it looks like the new tab is back on track.