• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
No, without the NSO you can only play the story mode and save your levels local. If you want to upload or play any level from other players, you'll need a NSO subscription.

Holy hell, I didn't realize this. Figured it would be open to all. Then again, there's not exactly an abundance of compelling reasons to sub to NSO so I guess it makes sense.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Apparently online verses lag isn't so bad after you get passed the rank of 0. Too bad it has to be litterally unplayable 80% of the time when you're at that rank.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished a narritive based level that took me about 2 weeks to build!

I call it: The Koopas: A Tale Of Greed

(Code in case the image doesnt load for some folks: 794-9PQ-QVG)

D_uYk_IUwAAlVQL

The basic idea here is that: You and Bowser live in a small mining town called Koopa Kliffs. You two aren't enemies, you're just neighbors with a lot of other former enemies. You work for a mining company, but an accident reveals that it has a very dark secret...

Like my other narritive levels, theres some sort of dark twist. I'll put it in spoiler tags since I imagine more people will be interested in the twist than the set up.

This is basically a Super Mario zombies level lol

Like my other narritive focused levels, theres 2 endings. Unlike any of them though, getting the good ending is like playing a different levle at the end, with some VERY difficult sections even I had trouble with! Don't worry though: once you get locked into the bad ending, it's pretty hard to die outside of maybe a time out.

As for how to get the bad ending... There's something off you will notice in the level. Something that seems like an extremely weird, nonsensical level design choice. That weird element can activate the bad ending!

Anyways besides me, a friend of mine from another site made a REALLY awesome level I also want to share!

Don't Look Left! By Gmars

Code: NQ7-9PR-SRG

So I saw a few levels of these types in the last game and I liked them, but Gmars put a really cool twist on this kind of level. So the idea is: if you look left, you die! This one in particular makes really clever use of Mario Maker 2 gimmicks, so I'd give it a try if I where you!

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
The Enigma of Amigara Fault 2

508-1TD-72H

Bounce upon donuts to seek the end of the journey. Why do donuts have holes? Perhaps you will find a hole that was made for you once you reach the end of your odyssey.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Bah!
I'm annoyed!

Spent the day making a propeller suit descent with the "don't touch the ground" challenge applied only to find out that drilling through hard blocks in the propeller suit counts as touching the ground, which ruined some of the areas where you either had to mix up your speeds or were nudged towards pure drilling down.

I'm unreasonably salty over this, I modified the level to accommodate but it's just not the same without that satisfying drill finish, now I'm not even sure if it's worth a precious upload
(though I expect people are understandably immediately repelled by "don't touch the ground" challenges anyway)
Clear conditions are, for the most part, very poorly implemented and totally unnecessary with better level design.

I would just ditch the clear condition and design the level so that you just can't land anyway. Then you can even use checkpoints.

If you're dead set on using a clear condition, you could just change it to requiring the propeller suit. Make any place you could potentially stand hurt you.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Chyo, I wanna share a level that I came across during endless that was really fun and well done.

Ice Caverns
3WS-J4T-Y4G

I feel like when you come across something good it's just positive vibes to try and put someone else on so give this one a shot if yall have time.

I'm still working on my own level but I imagine its some days out with how hectic my week has been sadly.

Cheezus

Nov 25, 2017
Just made a level that I'm pretty proud of. It's all about finding ways to kill goombas that are trapped in infinite loops through clear pipes. Lots of puzzles and secrets, not a lot of difficulty.

Mario Cleans Your Pipes

TX1-91G-N8G

Last edited:

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Pretty straightforward kaizo level with a twist. The only item abuse you need to understand are P-Switch jumps (you just press jump right as you land on a P-Switch) and there's only one of them.

P48-657-QLG

buXPdre.jpg

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I guess i spoke too soon. Verses mode is absolutely fucked and they should have cut it from the game before releasing it in this sorry ass state.

Took litterally a full minute for the timer to tick down 4 seconds on my last game. I timed it.

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the plays!
1. Interesting, are you talking about the claw right after the key door? A full jump straight up when it is at its lowest will usually grab you.

3. Pink coins aren't actually required, I tried to indicate that in the description. I wish there was a better way to indicate whether coins are needed or not.

4. Yeah, I noticed a couple inconsitencies with the sound cues and wish they worked a bit better, and I am so bummed I included the possible reset.

Thanks for your feedback, it leaves me with good things to consider in my next. Do you have any levels you'd like me to play?

Hey pleasure was all mine, had a lot of fun. In answer to your question it was just under the bricks you need to break with the giant koopa shell.

I've only made one level which I posted a few pages back. You're welcome to give it a shot, be the first to clear and bag a world record!

All shell breaks loose
HWR-R18-BJG

Judging from the death locations I don't think I made it obvious enough that the signature shell of that particular screen is required to clear it. I should also add that playing dead (press down with Bones shell) is required for screen two, and throwing it away for screen four.

Core Zero

Oct 25, 2017
Played through a couple more levels tonight! And I have another to share for the people who like hard levels.

Freezeflame Follies
KXW-FC3-5TF

But last week I started playing a ton of Endless to get a lay of the land, and now I understand where all those players are coming from. And what a perspective. It's a completely different experience, to the point that what one wants to come across in Endless bears no resemblance to what feels like an appropriate length or difficulty when you are hand-picking level codes from group exchanges and trusted creators. It's not the same commitment, and difficulty itself has a totally different meaning when you are risk-averse and lives are precious. Now I see why so many of the levels I merely consider pretty good are so beloved by the player base, as they are perfectly tuned for the Endless crowd. So I developed this level under the guidance of the question: what would be nice to see in Endless, when I'm short on time or lives or patience?

We'll see how adequately I've answered this. But I thought I should take a stab at it just once, and by the time I was done with it, it had drifted back towards being more my kind of level anyway.

Thanks for playing, and as always, please report bugs or clunkiness.

I haven't played your other levels, but I feel like what you're saying about your style preference for levels comes through really clearly in this one, even if you were attempting to aim it toward Endless.

I know personally I have a different tolerance between picking levels individually and playing through Endless, and I don't think I would have skipped yours during Endless, so that's a least a bit of an endorsement. It's possible to die, and the level is long, but you give ample powerups and don't have any sections designed to just churn through lives. The only thing that might make me skip is the length, but including checkpoints really helps with that.

You can tell that there's some cleverness in design going on under the surface, but weirdly I think that takes away from it a little. Because we can't open levels we play in the editor, it's harder to appreciate any sort of hidden elements for their cleverness, and I would prefer them to be out in the open, as much as possible.

As another poster said, there's nothing wrong with designing to your own preferences. It can be good to step outside of them for a bit just to add tools to the toolbox, but I think levels with a coherent, strong vision tend to show that through and be memorable.

For now:
1: Icicle Caves Escapades Q3W-VXY-M0H (SMW, snow day & night)
My first level for this game; I love the snow themes. You can blaze through for a speed run taking the harder icicle route, but the easier route with claws will lead to a whole new area that is pretty jolly.

2: Quagmire in the Quagmire V3L-QVX-7TG (NSMB, forest night)
I've never made a "one-screen" puzzle level before, so I just tinkered around with one. If that's not your jam, then don't play this. It's quite basic though, with some visual clues showing you where a few things need to go. It is fully resettable as well.

3: Clear Cascading Conundrum 7PD-2P4-86G (SM3DW, airship)
Man this style looks great. There are two main sections and you might have to do a few different tasks to make your way forward. Lots of fun to make (find both keys for the true ending).

4: Seek the Silences in the Gloom T0C-WNX-TGG (SMB, ground night & underground day)
My latest level may seem like it has a few pick-a-path sections, but the "silence" will lead you the right way every time. Hopefully pretty atmospheric with fun rewards sprinkled throughout.

Played all but the single-room puzzle (not my type of level at all). Icicle Caves makes for a good speedrun, even if the fast path is made pretty obvious. It's short and high on execution points so that feels satisfying for someone like me who likes to try and optimize those WR times.

Silence in the Gloom is a clever idea and a fun way of testing observation. As a minor point, I think it might actually just not work for people who play with sound off or are deaf, as some of the sounds have no visual trigger. Also, For the final room where you have to pick which place to drop down, I didn't hear any noise or see any indication of where to go. Maybe I missed it but I would have been pretty annoyed at that if I didn't happen to guess correctly. Good use of the atmospheric elements overall though.

Cascading Conundrum happens to be very similar to a level I just uploaded, though yours is a bit harder and more of a puzzle than mine. Unfortunately even after going through twice I missed the second key, and I didn't feel like doing a third just to find everything, so it's pretty well hidden IMO. I think the issue with your level (and mine) is that the length and backtracking will put some people off, and the ones it doesn't put off completely will still not be compelled to explore completely, as the level is already long enough. But maybe that's just me. In any case I enjoy playing in the clear pipes so I still enjoyed this one, even if I was a little disappointed at the reward for getting to all the red coins.

-----
In case you're interested, here's my Maze-of-clear-pipes level
Giantside Pipeworks
5LT-5C7-FNF

This is a short red-coin hunt with a small bit of powerup-based progression, and a boss fight.

-----
If you like hard levels, though, my latest upload might be for you.

The Great Tree Cave Challenge
KJY-HB1-SQG

SMB style
Super-Expert difficulty targeted

This is a level about patience, observation, and execution. Each challenge is meant to be pursued carefully and understood, not rushed through. The stakes are high though, as there are no powerups, and carelessness will lead to death.

I tried to make this as a straight-ahead challenge, with very little that should feel trollish (well, there might be one or two things, but again, it's about observation). A repeated theme is finding the moment where multiple elements line up to find a way through, though for most obstacles there's more than one way to get through, and possible some I didn't think of during design.

I actually had this level made over a week ago, but couldn't do the full-level clear with no checkpoints. I was stubborn for a while, but the problem came down to two jumps in succession that required extreme precision. In the end, I decided it was too much, even for a level designed to be hard, so I made a small adjustment. I want my levels to be fun, even if hard, and I think the old version would have been too annoying to be enjoyable. Maybe most people will still think this one is! At least anyone beating it in Endless will almost certainly end with 3 1-Ups.

RepairmanJack, BlueManifest, Kamek, calling you all out to try this one!

Deleted member 24540

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Clear conditions are, for the most part, very poorly implemented and totally unnecessary with better level design.

I would just ditch the clear condition and design the level so that you just can't land anyway. Then you can even use checkpoints.

If you're dead set on using a clear condition, you could just change it to requiring the propeller suit. Make any place you could potentially stand hurt you.

Strictly logically/mechanically you might be right, but putting ugly spikes everywhere hurts the aesthetics and feel of the level.

The clear conditions also help to convey developer intention alot better, since "get to the flag with the propeller" doesn't necessarily have to mean "don't touch the ground". I don't think it's as obvious of an implication as the latter.

Why can't you use checkpoints? What about a sideways flag that drops you into a claw?

Deleted member 24540

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I guess i spoke too soon. Verses mode is absolutely fucked and they should have cut it from the game before releasing it in this sorry ass state.

Took litterally a full minute for the timer to tick down 4 seconds on my last game. I timed it.

It's because people are not using their lan adapters. I recall Nintendo officially recommending people do this in the context of Splatoon 2, but yeah you can't force this upon them unfortunately. Bad business move on their part if they did, which sucks for us.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Strictly logically/mechanically you might be right, but putting ugly spikes everywhere hurts the aesthetics and feel of the level.

The clear conditions also help to convey developer intention alot better, since "get to the flag with the propeller" doesn't necessarily have to mean "don't touch the ground". I don't think it's as obvious of an implication as the latter.

Why can't you use checkpoints? What about a sideways flag that drops you into a claw?

Unforutnately, the game refuses to let you use checkpoint flags with clear condtions.

It's a huge bummer honestly, its why I haven't really messed around with clear conditons much besides putting them in a remake of an infamous level I made back in the Wii U era, and that was a really easy level that didn't need checkpoints lol

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Nintendo Badge Arcade
Course ID: SDM-2RG-4RF

ydcev9H.jpg

Tried to make a gacha machine in Mario Maker 2 and stuck a level on the end of it lol, didn't turn out the best but have a go if you like. XD

Last edited:

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I made a new Forest-themed SMW3D course featuring Piranha Creepers, although I'm not terribly happy with how it turned out in all honesty, so no screencaps or videos this time. Someday when I get near hitting the upload cap for courses, I might make this one the first one I delete to make a better version of. Creepers are notoriously difficult to design a course around on their own. To those of you who beat this one, thanks for taking the time and I'd genuinely love to hear feedback on how I could make the concept of underwater Piranha Creepers any better.

Creeper Aquarium: 3RX-RSS-VHF (Course deleted and updated)

Last edited:

Core Zero

Oct 25, 2017
Made my second level. It's a tough SMB1 platforming level. Pretty tough but I thought it was pretty fun.

Code: P23-8MY-K6G

I posted my level and pinged you because you said you enjoy the hard levels, and I hadn't played one of yours, so I just did this one.

I think of this as Panga-lite design, where it's one continuous chain of action without really any time to stop. Considerably easier than one of Panga's levels but still very hard. Solidly designed with some nice challenges though. I felt as though the track platform section was a little rough because I think it'll take most players a couple lives at least to fully understand what's going on in that part, before even getting to try and execute fully, where most of the rest of the level could theoretically be done the on the first pass, I don't know if this could. I also felt the final jump after that part to the icicles, once you're on the safe platform, to be sort of "blind" in that I had no idea what was coming after some platforms that will not last long, so I was expecting to be trolled or just die. Thankfully there wasn't anything complex after that, but it felt a little off, compared to everything else in the level.

Also, thank you for putting a checkpoint! And my girlfriend appreciated the theming for the names of your level.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Ok, the following level took me the longer to create than anything else before... I bug tested for hours trying to make sure there's no possible way to soft lock and I"m pretty damn sure everything works perfectly. This is a puzzle level using Twisters and seesaws in an ice mountain theme. I'm pretty proud of it. I'd consider it fairly challenging but I'm not expecting the majority of players to die at all, as the only enemy is few and far between. Of course, there is that pesky time limit..
One giant icy mountain, one checkpoint, one goal to reach the summit and return to the base.

Icy Twister Summit
9VD-369-QVG
"Climb to the highest peak of Icy Twister Mountain and bask in all its glory"

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Can anyone recommend good levels for coop?

Have been having a blast with this game. I haven't touched Endless and Multiplayer and have barely fucked around in the maker mode, but I have already put in more than 35 hours.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
My absolute favorite level I've made apparently isn't so well liked by others. 0 likes, 5 plays, and my makerpoints going doing indicating probable booing.

I'd really appreciate it if more people gave it a shot, and let me know what makes it meh or bad. It's got a 50% clear rate, which I thought easier levels was what people wanted. Maybe i got unlucky with the 5 players.

I wanted to make it more open, but maybe it was too open and it needs some arrows?

Frozen Flying
3F1-G7C-72G

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
My absolute favorite level I've made apparently isn't so well liked by others. 0 likes, 5 plays, and my makerpoints going doing indicating probable booing.

I'd really appreciate it if more people gave it a shot, and let me know what makes it meh or bad. It's got a 50% clear rate, which I thought easier levels was what people wanted. Maybe i got unlucky with the 5 players.

I wanted to make it more open, but maybe it was too open and it needs some arrows?

Frozen Flying
3F1-G7C-72G

Chill level, I had fun with it. I like that it rewards cape skills even when it isn't mandatory. I personally like open levels like yours although some people might feel lost without an arrow, but I don't find that necessary at all since your stage was easy to navigate. Overall I feel it was an easy enough difficulty too. Nothing frustrating at all.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Nintendo Badge Arcade
Course ID: SDM-2RG-YRF

ydcev9H.jpg

Tried to make a gacha machine in Mario Maker 2 and stuck a level on the end of it lol, didn't turn out the best but have a go if you like. XD

Fun little theme haha. Went places in didn't expect too :p
Btw your course id had a typo but I was able to find it via screenshot

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
This one is pretty fun, I think.

The Money in the Banana Trees
ID: T8W CMY 1HF

Ok, first off, there used to be banana trees in this level before I changed the style from SMW to SMB1.
Now, the title doesn't really make sense anymore (they are, like, banana mountains without bananas?), but the SMB1 jungle music was just too good for me to resist.

Anyway, the pitch: there are fates worse than death when falling down a pit.
It's a coin collecting level (get 100 of them!) with a little more than 100 coins on the main path and way more if you explore a bit (or fall down a pit... but don't fall down a pit). Some cool platforming, a few enemies, many pits to fall down into, few ways to die.

Enjoy.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, the following level took me the longer to create than anything else before... I bug tested for hours trying to make sure there's no possible way to soft lock and I"m pretty damn sure everything works perfectly. This is a puzzle level using Twisters and seesaws in an ice mountain theme. I'm pretty proud of it. I'd consider it fairly challenging but I'm not expecting the majority of players to die at all, as the only enemy is few and far between. Of course, there is that pesky time limit..
One giant icy mountain, one checkpoint, one goal to reach the summit and return to the base.

Icy Twister Summit
9VD-369-QVG

Looks clever!

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Played through a couple more levels tonight! And I have another to share for the people who like hard levels.

I haven't played your other levels, but I feel like what you're saying about your style preference for levels comes through really clearly in this one, even if you were attempting to aim it toward Endless.

I know personally I have a different tolerance between picking levels individually and playing through Endless, and I don't think I would have skipped yours during Endless, so that's a least a bit of an endorsement. It's possible to die, and the level is long, but you give ample powerups and don't have any sections designed to just churn through lives. The only thing that might make me skip is the length, but including checkpoints really helps with that.

You can tell that there's some cleverness in design going on under the surface, but weirdly I think that takes away from it a little. Because we can't open levels we play in the editor, it's harder to appreciate any sort of hidden elements for their cleverness, and I would prefer them to be out in the open, as much as possible.

As another poster said, there's nothing wrong with designing to your own preferences. It can be good to step outside of them for a bit just to add tools to the toolbox, but I think levels with a coherent, strong vision tend to show that through and be memorable.

Played all but the single-room puzzle (not my type of level at all). Icicle Caves makes for a good speedrun, even if the fast path is made pretty obvious. It's short and high on execution points so that feels satisfying for someone like me who likes to try and optimize those WR times.

Silence in the Gloom is a clever idea and a fun way of testing observation. As a minor point, I think it might actually just not work for people who play with sound off or are deaf, as some of the sounds have no visual trigger. Also, For the final room where you have to pick which place to drop down, I didn't hear any noise or see any indication of where to go. Maybe I missed it but I would have been pretty annoyed at that if I didn't happen to guess correctly. Good use of the atmospheric elements overall though.

Cascading Conundrum happens to be very similar to a level I just uploaded, though yours is a bit harder and more of a puzzle than mine. Unfortunately even after going through twice I missed the second key, and I didn't feel like doing a third just to find everything, so it's pretty well hidden IMO. I think the issue with your level (and mine) is that the length and backtracking will put some people off, and the ones it doesn't put off completely will still not be compelled to explore completely, as the level is already long enough. But maybe that's just me. In any case I enjoy playing in the clear pipes so I still enjoyed this one, even if I was a little disappointed at the reward for getting to all the red coins.

-----
In case you're interested, here's my Maze-of-clear-pipes level
Giantside Pipeworks
5LT-5C7-FNF

This is a short red-coin hunt with a small bit of powerup-based progression, and a boss fight.

-----
If you like hard levels, though, my latest upload might be for you.

KJY-HB1-SQG

SMB style

This is a level about patience, observation, and execution. Each challenge is meant to be pursued carefully and understood, not rushed through. The stakes are high though, as there are no powerups, and carelessness will lead to death.

I tried to make this as a straight-ahead challenge, with very little that should feel trollish (well, there might be one or two things, but again, it's about observation). A repeated theme is finding the moment where multiple elements line up to find a way through, though for most obstacles there's more than one way to get through, and possible some I didn't think of during design.

I actually had this level made over a week ago, but couldn't do the full-level clear with no checkpoints. I was stubborn for a while, but the problem came down to two jumps in succession that required extreme precision. In the end, I decided it was too much, even for a level designed to be hard, so I made a small adjustment. I want my levels to be fun, even if hard, and I think the old version would have been too annoying to be enjoyable. Maybe most people will still think this one is! At least anyone beating it in Endless will almost certainly end with 3 1-Ups.

Nice, I'll try it this weekend

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
KJY-HB1-SQG

SMB style

Will check this out later today. Stuck a NSMBU level right now that is kicking my ass.

I posted my level and pinged you because you said you enjoy the hard levels, and I hadn't played one of yours, so I just did this one.

I think of this as Panga-lite design, where it's one continuous chain of action without really any time to stop. Considerably easier than one of Panga's levels but still very hard. Solidly designed with some nice challenges though. I felt as though the track platform section was a little rough because I think it'll take most players a couple lives at least to fully understand what's going on in that part, before even getting to try and execute fully, where most of the rest of the level could theoretically be done the on the first pass, I don't know if this could. I also felt the final jump after that part to the icicles, once you're on the safe platform, to be sort of "blind" in that I had no idea what was coming after some platforms that will not last long, so I was expecting to be trolled or just die. Thankfully there wasn't anything complex after that, but it felt a little off, compared to everything else in the level.

Also, thank you for putting a checkpoint! And my girlfriend appreciated the theming for the names of your level.

Thanks for checking it out. Completely understand what you're saying on the criticism's. Still trying to grasp how to telegraph movements in more complex moments. I ended up scrapping a lot of the second half multiple times because I was trying to make basically a whole section of ultra star style, but that shit is not as easy as it seems to make.

The end I actually didn't even think about, but that makes sense. I was thinking of the area more of a rest and final test, but didn't think much about the idea of not seeing the end goal.

LajNimajwal

Jul 16, 2019
Hey pleasure was all mine, had a lot of fun. In answer to your question it was just under the bricks you need to break with the giant koopa shell.

I've only made one level which I posted a few pages back. You're welcome to give it a shot, be the first to clear and bag a world record!

All shell breaks loose
HWR-R18-BJG

Judging from the death locations I don't think I made it obvious enough that the signature shell of that particular screen is required to clear it. I should also add that playing dead (press down with Bones shell) is required for screen two, and throwing it away for screen four.
I think I got first clear on your course last night. I gotta say I was really digging the vibe and I loved the claustrophobic winding tunnel. The 4th room was a big pain at first, but after several runs it felt very satisfying to finally get through. It was a bit annoying having to run back to the bottom to get the shell back so many times because the enemy locations could be tricky. It was also hard to abandon shell and kick it with such limited space, but finally found a few spots where I could get out and kick it instead of breaking it or getting right back in. I think this part would probably be really hard for a low-skilled/average player. Overall, I found it a fun challenge and loved the aesthetic.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019

Icy Twister Summit
9VD-369-QVG

Fantastic! But far too long for the time limit.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been busy lately and have mostly only dug into singleplayer mode.

How is the online multiplayer? I thought it looked great when they showed it off in the Direct.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I reuploaded this one because of a possible soft lock.

Thwumps Tower.
Very fine Thwomps on both sides.

ID:FNJ-Y51-GPF

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I've been busy lately and have mostly only dug into singleplayer mode.

How is the online multiplayer? I thought it looked great when they showed it off in the Direct.

Reasonably fun, but hugely flawed (very little sensible level curation), and it's very dependent on stumbling on a match with no lag.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
KJY-HB1-SQG

SMB style

Checked this out during my lunch. Haven't beaten it yet, but I like the difficulty. My only complaint or suggestion right now is a checkpoint after the p switch door would do wonders. How big the hitboxes for spikes are now in MM2 makes those sections back to back aggravating. The second half just seems way longer than the first half.