• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Do you need to unlock level creation assets as in the first game or do you have everything from the get-go?

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Great OP, you swapped the text from Clear Conditions and Auto Scroll though. Can't wait to play some infinite levels !

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
My game of forever but my A/C and Furnace are going to need to be replaced, so I guess I will have to enjoy the streaming side of things. Maybe I will get it for Xmas.

I still have the first to enjoy as well.

But holy crap is this the ONE game I'm glad will finally exist, like may people I'm sure.

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
I'm really having a blast so far with the Adventure Mode, haven't gone game over since my last post, but that's probably just because I'm afraid of Luigi's savagery and not any indication of skill and although my two previous game overs have come from the "do not jump" levels, they're probably my favorite levels so far. I also like the charm of the characters in the japanese version, but I don't know about the other versions, so I hope it's just as good.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is the power ball really SMB1 exclusive? What happens if you switch styles, it turns into a normal fire flower?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Is the power ball really SMB1 exclusive? What happens if you switch styles, it turns into a normal fire flower?
It's SMB exclusive. Since it's a variant of the Fire Flower, it'll just become that if you switch to the other themes (which is how the Weird Mushroom worked in the original SMM).

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
If we aren't getting the amiibo costumes I'd like to see the 8 bit costumes from Mario Odyssey.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm one of the 6 people who said Mario Bros will be the style I use most and I pretty much exclusively used it in MM1 due to the costumes. Even without the costumes I'm gonna be making levels there <3

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I'm one of the 6 people who said Mario Bros will be the style I use most and I pretty much exclusively used it in MM1 due to the costumes. Even without the costumes I'm gonna be making levels there <3
I find it really fun how SMB did't have Airship or Ghost house but they added graphics for them anyway.

I don't think I bothered with SMB theme at all in first game. Probably SMB3 will be my main choice, I love it and I love it's original graphics, more than All stars version.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I find it really fun how SMB did't have Airship or Ghost house but they added graphics for them anyway.

I don't think I bothered with SMB theme at all in first game. Probably SMB3 will be my main choice, I love it and I love it's original graphics, more than All stars version.

I'm really excited for the snow, jungle and desert themes for SMB1 It's going to give me even more variety to play with :D

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
EucIfYY.gif

Welcome to the Gentlemen's Club, my friend.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Incredible OT!

This is a steaming hot take but the 3D World style should be the style that the next proper 2D Mario release uses. It's far better than the NSMB style.

Oct 28, 2017
SMB1 relishes in its limitations. Depending on what you want to make, the less options you have can mean more.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I really hope people decide to make some of their own proper Mario levels instead of just countless prop spam/absurd challenge courses.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Gosh, some of the story mode levels aren't made for a quick working pause :D, the first "don't jump" level is really long, but freaking smart, great ideas here.

Last edited:

BAN PUNCHER

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was saying yesterday I wanted all the costumes from MM1 to return until someone pointed out they would have to redraw this sprite and then I got a bit sad.

D7sDV61XoAAM4qd.jpg

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Loved the story mode banner, OP xD

For me I shall start super creatively and will probably remake my Mario Hawk's Pro Shell Surfing level from Mario Maker 1 and probably remake some Mario 3 levels for a start

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Having a great time with Story mode. Some cool levels/puzzles they throw at you.

It's been years since I've sat down with a Mario game. Had a smile on my face when I played a SMW level.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
I used the SMB style not for the costumes, but because it was the easiest theme to "draw" with since it has the simplest blocks.

Bjoern

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Back when Mario Maker 1 released, I asked in the OT the old place for Level IDs to play live on stream. That was essentially my streaming debut.
So I absolutely wanna repeat that with Super Mario Maker 2.

Everyone doing levels, DM me your Level IDs and I'll play them during the next week live on stream. I will post in here when I'll be streaming as well as the link to my Twitch channel.

Personally I can't wait for tomorrow to get this game.
I'm not gonna make levels, but I'm sure gonna play a lot!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I won't have it tomorrow, thanks Fnac.
I'll start by remaking my best MM1 courses just for completion sake, haha.

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry in advance since i'm sure this has been brought up a bunch of times in MM2 threads; If I don't have any intention of making my own stages will this game (and maybe this thread) give me access to a steady supply of high quality mario levels?

Not looking for super challenging levels or levels that play themselves in a creative way. Just straight up good Mario levels.

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
My copy is sitting at home laughing at me while I have a day of work to get through...It's going to be a long day.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Played all yesterday evening. Great game. Can't wait to see the communities offering. Where are you Ryukhar?? Give me your best!

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone know if you can preorder digital games at GameStop? And if so, how does it work for receiving the game? I have some credit there but I prefer to go digital for this.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Hot garbage simulator 2019 bout to dump all that nasty crap on our faces. Getting my copy tomorrow after work.

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Sorry in advance since i'm sure this has been brought up a bunch of times in MM2 threads; If I don't have any intention of making my own stages will this game (and maybe this thread) give me access to a steady supply of high quality mario levels?

Not looking for super challenging levels or levels that play themselves in a creative way. Just straight up good Mario levels.
i'm sure it will, the potential audience for this is many times that of the wiiu game and people enjoyed that in much the way you're asking.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Is it actually possible to make a perfect SMB3 or SMW clone with this game?
We can't even make a perfect replication of SMB's levels yet (with the Scale Lift missing, and the maze in 4-4/7-4 not being easily replicatable), so there are still plenty of things preventing us from fully remaking 3 and World.