• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Is it actually possible to make a perfect SMB3 or SMW clone with this game?

Just off the top of my head

Smb3: no frog suit, hammer bro suit, no tanooki suit, no koopalings, no boss bass/big bertha, no giant blocks

Smw: no pokeys, no fuzzies, no chargin chucks, no blue/yellow yoshi, no p-balloon, no rex, no torpedo ted, no rip van fish

There are tons more they could add from those games and the nsmb styles

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sorry in advance since i'm sure this has been brought up a bunch of times in MM2 threads; If I don't have any intention of making my own stages will this game (and maybe this thread) give me access to a steady supply of high quality mario levels?

Not looking for super challenging levels or levels that play themselves in a creative way. Just straight up good Mario levels.

Oh yea there will be, I used to enjoy making Mario game like levels rather than super challenging or auto run levels. Maybe thats the game designer in me talking though lol

Herr Starr

Oct 26, 2017
Norway
Is it actually possible to make a perfect SMB3 or SMW clone with this game?

Not even close. Even just the very first level of SMW contains lots of stuff that isn't in SMM2, including enemies, terrain, and other features. There's a long way to go before we can replicate any of those games faithfully, and we'll probably never truly get there.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Very excited for my copy to show up tomorrow. It'll be the perfect road trip game as I leave for a weeklong vacation on Saturday.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Do the different characters have different physics? Like does Luigi jump higher etc? Also are they only available in Co-Op? Or could you make a stage where you have one of the four character?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Do the different characters have different physics? Like does Luigi jump higher etc? Also are they only available in Co-Op? Or could you make a stage where you have one of the four character?
The characters all play identically. You can choose the character you want to play as when making/playing levels offline (not sure if you can online though).

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT, but you're missing the most important new addition in the what's new section:

Scroll stop!

A full vertical line of blocks prevents the camera from scrolling past, which is absolutely a game changer when it comes to what kinds of levels can be built.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I was under the impression that the "1up mushrooms are deadly at night" factor was across all of Night Mode, not just Ground, is that wrong?

Edit: Oh, further question: In some SMB titles is the ability for a platform on rails to have an open end so when it reaches the limit it flies off in that direction, under gravity - and if it hits another rail it can be picked up by that. Is that doable here?

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How does difficulty work in multiplayer? Do you get to choose or is it a random difficulty selection?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if this has been asked yet but does but is there gonna be a bookmark site like for the first Mario Maker?

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So was it Data Mined that theres at least 2 extra Styles coming? I know one must be SMB2 USA, wonder what the other could be? Mario Land?

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So was it Data Mined that theres at least 2 extra Styles coming? I know one must be SMB2 USA, wonder what the other could be? Mario Land?
no the data mine just shows that they left space for extra styles, this is common practice they don't have to be filled. for example Brawl left spaces for extra characters but never got any dlc.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love NSMBU lagging behind in the poll lmao. I dunno why Nintendo even bothered putting it in, just a waste of time that could have been spent on new objects or whatever else.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait, I plan to be all in on this game.

NSMBU and SMW3D should be combined into the same style though.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
WoDzwjP.png

launch day delivery, huh amazon

Lego

Nov 14, 2017
My copy just arrived, didn't get a stylus though, whick sucks. Can't wait to play it.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
it was by far the most popular style in MM1.
as always, era is a bubble. the gen pop loves NSMBU
Well together with SMB it was the only style which was available from the beginning. You had to unlock SMW and SMB3.
I think that's partly the reason.

You're right tho. That is also the main reason most of the garbage levels are in NSMBU.
And I think for kids newer and better graphics are always better, ergo SM3DW is the next garbage maker.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
NSMB doesn't look the most interesting, but I like the extra air twirl it gave you and built levels around that in 1.
I'll most likely use it for making a whole slew of 1-1, 1-2 progression levels.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
SMW and SMB3 were my favourites to make levels in the original. They just look and play the best. I'm looking forward to trying out the 3D World stuff though, I have high hopes for how it plays.

NSMB looks awful, sounds awful and plays fine but worse than most of the 2D styles.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I love NSMBU lagging behind in the poll lmao. I dunno why Nintendo even bothered putting it in, just a waste of time that could have been spent on new objects or whatever else.
Mario has a wider move set in NSMB such as wall jumps, mid air spins, triple jump etc. so you can design a lot of levels around them. Plus all the styles have NSMB physics so you're playing it even if you think you're not!

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Does NSMBU have wall-jumping? That might make for some interesting platforming challenges.

that's the only defense I have for NSMBU lmao

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Any recommendations for a stylus? I wanted a finer point one but Best Buy only had fat ones or very expensive ones which ended up not even working on the Switch (thankfully we tested before buying).