• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your TOP TWO favorite features of the new update?

• Super World Maker

Votes: 63 71.6%
  • The Koopalings

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • New Power-Ups and Headwear

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The SMB2 Mushroom

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • The Cursed Key & Phantos

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ON/OFF Blocks & ON/OFF Trampoline in 3D World

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Mechakoopas

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Submission for ResetEra's Official Level Competition

8gZYIlo.jpg

Course ID:
KHJ-KL6-QMG

Mario goes sky diving. Hold B!

Tags:
Autoscroll
Themed

Difficulty:
Easy -----------------------|------------- Hard

My first time doing this.....be gentle!

I really like the concept and some of the obstacle design but the thwomps right after the checkpoint were a little awkward with the auto scroll.

I also think this style of level would be a great fit for a coin requirement!

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My first course---Twister Top!

329-9PQ-C6G.

I'm pretty satisfied with it, a simple but hard course based around the Twisters. They're pretty interesting since none of the 2D Mario games had wind physics like this as far as I know?

Just played it and I enjoyed it. Pretty good use of the twisters and the spike part was neat. Also the coins at the end were fun.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Super Castlevania Bros
5WW-0MF-TMF

Much like Drac himself, this stage has been resurrected after I initially threw it aside, it's gonna be a bit messy, it may be a bit tough (in regards to enemies, platforming is about as standard as can be) as I try to cram as many vania tropes as possible into one single stage. Witness Mario foes reinvent themselves as off brand medusa heads, bone skulls, axe armors and even DEATH.
Battle against the platforming obstacles of block by block staircases and swinging pendulums that absolutely are not cranes holding a big gold coin.
Culminating in an obligatory showdown with Count Bowser, can you make it to watching the castle collapse from a safe mountain top nearby?

My heart was completely set on using the NSMBU final boss theme for the stage music, this has led to me much jarring stop n' starts when utilising other sound effects so let's just pretend it's like the annoying beep glitch from the first NTSC copies of NES Castlevania.
While NES aesthetics may have helped the illusion I just really like that vertical ghost house interior for NSMBU, revel in those windows.

Once again I don't have an eye catching stage shot because I'm a twitter-less technophobe, but here's an artists conception

hF100331F

Daaaaaaamn, this was awesome. Great job!

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Ahh damn. I tried to make it tough enough cause the level gimmick
is that you never need Yoshi
so was hoping it'd get people to notice. Maybe I went overboard with difficulty and/or didn't signpost that enough

Well, I got to that room with all the Muncher platforming and used the key on the door at the end, and that led me to Yoshi. Was that room just a dead end? I didn't see anywhere else to go in that room.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
In NSMBU, there's a level where Mario is able to stand on big buzzy beetles when they're on lava. This mechanic sadly hasn't transferred to Mario Maker.

alucas92

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I got to that room with all the Muncher platforming and used the key on the door at the end, and that led me to Yoshi. Was that room just a dead end? I didn't see anywhere else to go in that room.
Yeah that room was just to get the Yoshi to use on the previous screen. I tried to signal that they were "Yoshi rooms" with him locked up next to the pipe across each part of the level

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
All right I'm done creating for a bit. I've made 3 levels and I'd love for anyone to try them.

Contraption Carnival - PWH-Q2N-DWG
It's a light puzzler. I'm pretty proud of this one so please give it a shot!

Freaky Fortress - 5HW-9DB-NNF
A straight forward Mario castle level with a boss at the end. It's actually a reimagining of a LBP level I made way back when. It has a moderate difficulty.

Yoshi's Adventure - K95-F4M-YWG
My first level. It uses Yoshi's abilities to maneuver through the course.

Since I'm done creating for a bit, I'll be getting to more of your guyses levels.

Last edited:

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that room was just to get the Yoshi to use on the previous screen. I tried to signal that they were "Yoshi rooms" with him locked up next to the pipe across each part of the level

I went back to that room, and got hit by a Piranha Plant, and Yoshi went bye-bye in the drink. :(
Thinking about redoing the Yoshi room didn't sound all too appealing after the ordeal of getting him in the first place. ha

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I remade 1-1 from Super Mario Bros. except all mushrooms are Mega Mushrooms so you can demolish it and let out the decades of angst from the times you were killed by the first Goomba

D-b-yfpUIAU41mQ.jpg:large

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
D-b-qF6U8AASvQE.jpg

Poisonous Passengers

Have a new level I'd love for y'all to try. It's more testing a concept than a full-blown level, so I'd love some feedback on the idea and difficulty. I want to make a sequel to it once I get some ideas.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Super Castlevania Bros
5WW-0MF-TMF

Much like Drac himself, this stage has been resurrected after I initially threw it aside, it's gonna be a bit messy, it may be a bit tough (in regards to enemies, platforming is about as standard as can be) as I try to cram as many vania tropes as possible into one single stage. Witness Mario foes reinvent themselves as off brand medusa heads, bone skulls, axe armors and even DEATH.
Battle against the platforming obstacles of block by block staircases and swinging pendulums that absolutely are not cranes holding a big gold coin.
Culminating in an obligatory showdown with Count Bowser, can you make it to watching the castle collapse from a safe mountain top nearby?

My heart was completely set on using the NSMBU final boss theme for the stage music, this has led to me much jarring stop n' starts when utilising other sound effects so let's just pretend it's like the annoying beep glitch from the first NTSC copies of NES Castlevania.
While NES aesthetics may have helped the illusion I just really like that vertical ghost house interior for NSMBU, revel in those windows.

Once again I don't have an eye catching stage shot because I'm a twitter-less technophobe, but here's an artists conception

hF100331F

alucas92

Oct 25, 2017
I went back to that room, and got hit by a Piranha Plant, and Yoshi went bye-bye in the drink. :(
Thinking about redoing the Yoshi room didn't sound all too appealing after the ordeal of getting him in the first place. ha
Yeah I get you, I wish the checkpoints were more flexible so I could put another one after that part.
Thinking I might remake it with this style of checkpoint system now that I know it's possible (this is a level from Maddy of Celeste fame) 5YG-7DN-PGG

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017

8gZYIlo.jpg

Course ID:
KHJ-KL6-QMG

Mario goes sky diving. Hold B!

Tags:
Autoscroll
Themed

Difficulty:
Easy -----------------------|------------- Hard

My first time doing this.....be gentle!

I enjoyed the concept but I will say that there were sections where you could just hug the walls and disregard all enemies. That's no fun, lol.

Someone else mentioned it and I agree: maybe a coin requirement to beat the level would help with this. Would force people to try and follow a path, which I know you tried doing with the coin placement.

Again, not a bad level. Just needs some adjustments! Keep at it!

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

ppRBKMy.jpg

Purple Mushroom Cult YK6-3W1-5LG

Mario is visiting the happiest place in the Mushroom Kingdom! Sure the name is a kinda strange, but with such a warm welcome how could he suspect anything?

This level makes use of both the night theme and the super ball. It has simple puzzles, and is a lil bit silly.

I usually make challenging speed run levels, but people around here seem to love themed puzzles. Thought I'd try one!

Hit me with some feedback if you try it, please.

I liked it! The beginning is almost like it's a creepypasta course lol

That buzzy beetle part killed me a lot though haha I was stumped hard before I turned off my stupid speedrunning brain and waited.

I think the enemy jumping sound is now burned into my brain too.

Overall, very charming level.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
My first course. No gimmicks, just a basic introductory level.

CLY-L4F-73G

A good challenge. Maybe too many large chasms for a 1-1 level, and the path of coins leading downward from the beanstalk to the ground I can imagine will cause a few deaths since you have to have a quick reaction time to jump before running off the platform you land on. However, I really dug this overall. Great work! :)

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
A good challenge. Maybe too many large chasms for a 1-1 level, and the path of coins leading downward from the beanstalk to the ground I can imagine will cause a few deaths since you have to have a quick reaction time to jump before running off the platform you land on. However, I really dug this overall. Great work! :)
Thank you so much! I admit I thought about the chasms and the coin trail as well but I decided to keep them in because I figured I can make it a bit more difficult than the OG SMW which was quite easy overall. I'm happy you liked it!

MakerEra Discord Server
OP
OP

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
DdYJ3wV.png

MakerEra: The ResetEra Discord for Everything Super Mario Maker 2

Started by ferunnico, its a place for more personal, "in the moment" discussion about the game. There's channels for level sharing, stage design, and just general chatting. No matter what exactly you love about the game, if you use Discord, stop by and check it out!

LINK TO SERVER

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Super Castlevania Bros
5WW-0MF-TMF

hF100331F

One of my favorite levels so far. Great homage and well designed!

Jan 31, 2019
Would anybody be kind enough to play my level? My kids are hurt that no one has played it (they contributed ideas). The level is called clear pipe fun. It's short and sweet with a lot of fun mechanics but not too challenging: 9TC-1TN-K0H

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
This is not my own level, but spotted on another forum and was the first to play it. It's set up so that the level and sub area are the same, and pipes transport you to the corresponding location within each, except one has high water, and the other low water, each enabling you to access different parts. The play itself is a bit simplistic, but it's a great idea that I had to share:

The Hydrodynamic Pipe System: 592-85N-7QF

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I liked it! The beginning is almost like it's a creepypasta course lol

That buzzy beetle part killed me a lot though haha I was stumped hard before I turned off my stupid speedrunning brain and waited.

I think the enemy jumping sound is now burned into my brain too.

Overall, very charming level.
Haha, I do that a lot too. "I barrelled forward at top speed, why am I dead?! ...Oh..."

I tried not to be overwhelming with the obnoxious mushroom jumping sounds, but I had to let SOME in. A mushroom's gotta jump!

Thanks for trying it.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Escape from the Haunted Pyramid - CB3-99Y-D7G

Get in, grab the key and get out! An adventure into a pyramid of traps.

D-cTHizU8AAZtWa.jpg:large

Last edited:

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
D-b-qF6U8AASvQE.jpg

Poisonous Passengers

Have a new level I'd love for y'all to try. It's more testing a concept than a full-blown level, so I'd love some feedback on the idea and difficulty. I want to make a sequel to it once I get some ideas.

Talk about a rollercoaster ride through hell. I can't finish it. I got spiny sniped mid-air while jumping for the finish line HAHA.

I liked the idea a lot, but it was just too much for me.

I also spiked your clear% sorry sorry lol

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017

I'm stunned lol, thank you so much. I legitimately can't believe that record, never thought someone could do it so fast. That's really awesome and wish there was a feature so I could view a recording of the record, it would be really neat to see.

Thanks again, the kind words mean a lot as does the eagerness for my next level. I posted a small tongue-in-cheek summary earlier, pasted below too. This one gets rid of the blind jumps/drops, is a lot more themed and is more vertical so mistakes have the chance of just costing progress. There's also not a section necessarily as hard as the Snake, but you need more endurance as a whole, and the added platform ideas will probably prod at the nerves a little more!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Can you scale the ever-harrowing platforms of an abandoned tower to find the mystery treasure at the top? Will you choose to risk the treasure room for the checkpoint, or battle on for a flawless run? Will you take boldly leap over danger and land safely on each ascending block..

..or will you meet your fate down in the lava pit with the rest of the would-be heroes?
Find out soon in..

The Tower of Torment

Coming soon*

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*may take a decade to upload

Recorded a video of a much better run just now:

It really is a fun level...if you like this kind of difficulty ;)

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Super Castlevania Bros
5WW-0MF-TMF

hF100331F
Holy crud, this is off the chain(whip)!

Great attention to detail, and really fun to play. Loved that ending!

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Super Castlevania Bros
5WW-0MF-TMF

hF100331F

This was really, really good. Thanks for sharing.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Bumping my level so I can get some plays and feedback!
I've made my second level!
I was working on a super ambicious idea, but I couldn't get it to work properly, so I've made this one to cool my head.

It's a speedrun level where you have to race not only your PB, but also the level itself! I'm quite happy with the end result. Can you outspeed the prickly and thorny menace?!

Race against Spiny the Quick! : 78K-G89-5HF

D-cLExaUcAIBaSK

Last edited:

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I dug it man. That ending floor though got me and I feel like your check point is too close to the beginning. Maybe have it halfway up the temple?
I liked this a lot. Got a little frustrated with the Spike Tops, but overall, a good level!
Astonishing level. Reminded me of my own desert level, just in reverse. One of my most favorite courses in this game so far.
Followed you after your forest level and no regrets. Brilliant work!
Awesome level. Why is that desert theme so GOOD! lol. Great job!
Thanks for all the feedback guys, makes all those hours spent fine tuning that level worth it.

Concerning the check point, it is probably too early, but I ran into issues regarding the dotted line blocks--the game doesn't remember what it was last at when you hit the check point so it defaults to blue being off.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Hey guys, I can't wait to try out these levels.

Quick question. How do you update a level you've already uploaded?

My first level I finished to satisfaction, but then adjusted a couple graphical elements and placed a sound effect or two. I saved over my old save for that level, it says it's already uploaded when I go to attempt that, but when I play the level online, it's the original old one before the changes. How does this work??

Oct 25, 2017
Contraption Carnival - PWH-Q2N-DWG
It's a light puzzler. I'm pretty proud of this one so please give it a shot!

EDIT: nm I totally forgot those purple things jump to your jump lol but he jumped right out the thing and i was small and was stuck...I cannot get the pow out of there for nothing though...can it come out? I assume you need it.

Last edited:

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hey guys, I can't wait to try out these levels.

Quick question. How do you update a level you've already uploaded?

My first level I finished to satisfaction, but then adjusted a couple graphical elements and placed a sound effect or two. I saved over my old save for that level, it says it's already uploaded when I go to attempt that, but when I play the level online, it's the original old one before the changes. How does this work??

Pretty sure you just need to delete the currently uploaded version!