• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 6 days, 7 hours, 7 minutes, 35 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Super Mario Maker 2 Ver. 2 Update out December 5th (Adds new course items and new mode and Master Sword)

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
New course parts:
- Spike
- Pokey
- Frozen Coin
- P-Switch
- Dash Panels (3D World)
And....
- Master Sword (SMB) - gives Zelda moveset with Sword, Shield, Bombs, Bow, Downward thrust

New mode - Ninji speedruns. With courses made by Nintendo.

Last edited:

MondoMega

Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
All of these additions are really great, lol; i'll definitely get back into the game when the patch drops.

Spike and Pokey probably should've been in from the start though, tbh. Better late than never!

Rhete

Oct 27, 2017
Holy cow FINALLY

Lots of the new items seem awesome but the Master Sword absolutely steals the show

Edit: Hopefully if you get hit as Link you don't just turn back into Mario, that'd make designing around him a nightmare

Last edited:

MondoMega

Jan 10, 2018
Sydney, Australia
So, the new additions are:

Course Parts:
  • Spike
  • Pokey
  • Frozen Coin
  • P Block
  • Dash Block (3D World only)
  • Master Sword (SMB only)
Plus the new new mode: Ninji Speedruns.

I think we might see a few more crossover power-ups with the Mystery Mushroom gone; Samus and Kirby would be sick.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of crazy Pokey wasn't there already.

Pretty cool stuff overall, even if I have very little interest in SMM2 >.<

Kanito8a

Apr 18, 2018
The update looks really nice, but SMM2 still needs a way to create and share LISTS of levels. That is the only thing I really would like them to add.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Damn, that is a dope update. The Master Sword item is a complete game changer, but it just makes me wish for a proper Zelda Maker. lol

The new speedrun mode is cool, too.