• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Yes it should have and they're fixing their mistake. Be happy about that.
That doesn't mean I shouldn't say this is basic stuff that should be in the game at the start.

Who says I can't do both, be happy and still hold Nintendo say Ninendo is dumb for even think it should just be added later.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YEEEEEEEESSSSS!
fantastic news. i was seriously bummed about not being able to do co-op or versus with friends online.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't mean I shouldn't say this is basic stuff that should be in the game at the start.

Who says I can't do both, be happy and still hold Nintendo say Ninendo is dumb for even think it should just be added later.
I'm not trying to persuade you otherwise. Of course you can, I don't care. Go nuts.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's unbelievable that they didn't realize this was an essential feature before the entire internet told them. But good that they're fixing it.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Glad their fixing their mistake, but when though? Hoping it's one of the first things they patch.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Good change here considering its online mode is gated behind a paywall there was no excuse for not having that option

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They shouldn't be getting pats on the back for neglecting to include this feature in the first place, but between this and Luigi's Mansion 3 I hope this stands as a textbook example for the "voting with your wallet" alarmists that you don't need to not buy a game for developers to heed criticism.
Game company makes a mistake: "Hold then over the fire!"
Game company plans to fix mistake: "Keep holding them over the fire!"

Man, it's a wonder devs interact with the community at all.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thank fuck for that.

Seriously the dumbest thing they have done in a while and never should have been an update or patch.

As soon as "multiplayer" was part of the game "online multiplayer with friends" should have been done immediately after.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Game company makes a mistake: "Hold then over the fire!"
Game company plans to fix mistake: "Keep holding them over the fire!"

Man, it's a wonder devs interact with the community at all.
Don't misrepresent my post. I very much praise Nintendo for listening to the critique on this one without having to do something as silly as voting with your wallet. Saying that and also saying "it should've been there in the first place" are not mutually exclusive statements.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We live in 2019, a game with built in multiplayer features won't let you play with friends until a post-launch update.

Like I'm glad they're fixing it, but they deserve the criticism for making the mistake in the first place.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
ANY other company and this thread goes completely different. Anyone trying to say otherwise is only lying to themselves. Good on Nintendo for fixing it though

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at all the "surprised they listened". If you payed attention to MM1's updates you'd know the MM team is far and away the team most receptive to public feedback at Nintendo.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We live in 2019, a game with built in multiplayer features won't let you play with friends until a post-launch update.

Like I'm glad they're fixing it, but they deserve the criticism for making the mistake in the first place.

Pretty much, it's dumb they had to do this in the first place.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
It's a buy for me when the feature is in the game, not before. Two copies.

Hopefully sooner than later in the launch window.

(mat)

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It wouldn't surprise me if this was in the works already. So far this game wasn't fully utilizing their phone app.

XSystem

Apr 1, 2019
Happy to see they listened to the feedback. Will likely pick up the game with an NSO voucher when it releases.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
ANY other company and this thread goes completely different. Anyone trying to say otherwise is only lying to themselves. Good on Nintendo for fixing it though

It just boggles my mind. I'm glad Nintendo is fixing it so that means I can purchase it but...

...if Nintendo does something mind boggling dumb, Nintendo fans hit social media to complain until Nintendo acknowledges the problem... that's a good thing.

Meanwhile, if a game comes out on Steam, is hampered with either faulty DRM implementation, a patch that breaks the game, or a port that you can tell was made on a $5 budget from a high end publisher, people voice their opinions on social media and by reviewing the game...all of a sudden, it's "review bombing" and portrayed as negative.

Tim Aza

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Stockton, CA
They're treating online multiplayer as a selling point. You see that and you naturally expect that you'll be able to play with your friends. Like others have said, it should've been there day one.

In any case, I'm really glad they're updating the game to include the option. It's what I'm most looking forward to in the game.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Making mistakes is okay, if you are open to listen and change them.

Missing the feature to play online with friends is still very weird. I remember the Wii and DS era, where Nintendo didn't wanted you to play with strangers. I believe, they were running out of development time and just said to release the game without the feature and add it later. I guess, they were surprised about the big negative reaction and playing Online at all would be enough to make people happy long enough. They guessed wrong.

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Normal response: "Oh, glad they're fixing that. The product I eventually play will be very good."

Some people here: "Don't let Nintendo off the hook! This isn't about products, it's about entities and blame! Blame is too important to forget!"

Not quite that hysterical, but that's the sentiment. Who cares about blame? The product you play will be great at some point soon.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah for sure! Nintendo is basically pulling from the Trump playbook of creating a problem, then fixing the problem you made and then expecting people to praise you for fixing it.

Most folks know that it's bullshit so I'm a little surprised that some here are acting like we should be grateful to Nintendo.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Eh.

Most non-Nintendo AAA games seem to ship in unplayable states, requiring patches out of the gate, and people put up with that.