• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
THEY LISTENED

Confirmed twice on the Treehouse and now on Twitter:

No mention of when it'll happen but at least it's happening!

Last edited:

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
"We're adding online mode with friends."
Treehouse lady completely ignores this and changes subject

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Completely avoidable situation. I mean, call me an asshole, but they don't deserve credit for finding a solution to a problem THEY created.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
We complained and they listened.

Now lets do the same for Pokemon.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna need to actually see this come to fruition first before I can buy into anything.

Hope they can fix it though. Totally inexcusable.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But we should be grateful they have an online mode at all!!!!!! Who cares if you have to pay for it and it sucks!!!!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They shouldn't be getting pats on the back for neglecting to include this feature in the first place, but between this and Luigi's Mansion 3 I hope this stands as a textbook example for the "voting with your wallet" alarmists that you don't need to not buy a game for developers to heed criticism.

waffleboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can now play with friends on mondays Thursday and sundays, and only from 1am to 11:30 am. Also you can only play the same two levels which switch every four hours

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't really care about it personally but it was a big deal understandably to lots of people so I'm happy they listened.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
If true, great news. We will see if it's at launch or not now.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I like how casually they just move on from probably the biggest thing they could have announced today

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Good! This will be awesome for twitch and competitions.

Personally I don't know anyone who I'm gonna play against online with this game, but this was a completely stupid situation to begin with.

Seems also kind of unusual for Nintendo to acknowledge a situation like this and listen to us.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Fucking thank you. Still bizarre that Nintendo would turn on Friend private matchmaking in the first place when it was usually the only option for some of their previous games

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Neato, didn't doubt they would listen to the players like when they made checkpoints available with an update.

Last edited:

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
There was basically no way they weren't going to add online with-friend play even if it's not available at launch. Hell, if it's not a launch-day feature I'm going to assume it was planned out that way but at worst set as a lower priority to wanting to get online competitive ranked play working (which, honestly, strikes me as the harder thing to get right).