• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
numbers from here and here.

Super Mario Maker - 4.00 million
Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS - 3.40 million
Super Mario Maker 2 - 3.93 million

series total - 11.33 million

it was at 9.82 million last quarter.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Blessed.

Mario Maker 1 was my game of the generation and Mario Maker 2 is even better and they still have lots more to add.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Almost outselling the first already, yet people in the other thread are saying it's underperforming lol.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Wasn't Mario Maker 2 supposed to be ten million seller :P

I guess Nintendo is Doomed.

Nice growth year to year on hardware. Quite a big boost from Lite.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Well deserved, one of the best original series of the last 5 years.

I wonder what other series Nintendo could do in that vein?

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ePMtgpG.png

For actual though, excited to see if Nintendo branches out and makes a "maker" for other series.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The community has continued to be extremely active for Mario Maker 2, the amount of new things being discovered is still crazy. Even tools people thought "weren't very good" because of lack of interactions like banzai bills and the angry sun/moon people have found really clever uses for.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Mario Maker 2 is tied with RE2make for my GOTY so I hope it continues to sell and Nintendo gives it some post-launch support.

I've had an absolute blast with both this and the first game. I would love an expansion with new pre-made levels though.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I can come back to this next march 30th and argue the same thing I do now. It won't hit 10M but it doesn't need to.

One year would still not be enough time to make that declaration either. Mario games have very long legs.You think it will be done selling by March 2020?

Like I said, right now 10m is not off the table. We have to wait and see.

Oct 27, 2017
I say it once again, the Switch is my favorite console ever (and I owned almost every console the last 30 years).

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Still don't see MM2 reach 10M. Nor NSMBUDX. 2D Mario is just no longer what it used to be. App stores are inundated with 2D platformers and the nostalgia demographic is now grown up on 3D games.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Mario Maker 2 is doing great ! Holiday season is also coming and the game will take the spotlight again thanks to content updates (I think a new game style could give it a huge boost and will be way bigger than anything MM1 has ever done).
I rather see it ending at 6/7 millions which would be great.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I hope this leads them to release a Zelda Maker or a DK Maker, although both franchises would benefit from other kinds of spin-offs (RPG Zelda and 3D DK)