• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The following amiibo unlock costumes for Mario

Source: http://www.monamiibo.com/super-mario-odyssey-amiibo-guide/

Mario (SSB/SMB/Super Mario Maker)

marioodyssey_marioamiibo.jpg

Gold/Silver Mario

marioodyssey_goldmarioamiibo.jpg

Luigi (SSB/SMB)

marioodyssey_luigiamiibo.jpg

Dr. Mario (SSB)

marioodyssey_drmarioamiibo.jpg

Wario (SSB/SMB)

marioodyssey_warioamiibo.jpg

Waluigi (SMB)

marioodyssey_waluigiamiibo.jpg

Diddy Kong (SSB/SMB)

marioodyssey_diddyamiibo.jpg

Wedding Mario

marioodyssey_weddingmario.jpg

Wedding Peach

marioodyssey_weddingpeach.jpg

Wedding Bowser

marioodyssey_weddingbowser.jpg

NOTE: Any other Peach or Bowser amiibo will not give you costumes.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I hope they add support for more amiibo costumes down the line. It's weird that they chose Diddy Kong but I guess it's because he has a cap.

Timmy

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Diddy seems a bit out of place but these all look really cool. Good you can unlock them in game as well. Have not played yet but will be sure to defeat bowser wearing Marios wedding suit if you can.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Costumes look great! Can you mix and match hats and outfits?

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I thought every Amiibo was gonna be supported? I remember hearing that a while ago?

Mario Maker did it best so far.

Glad I got all 3 Wedding Amiibo! I can't pass up Mario's Wedding Suit.

Edit: LOL I just saw the Wedding Peach outfit, I wasn't expecting that!

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm surprised there's not more crossover costumes - you know a Link or Samus outfit would start causing shortages.

Dr. Mario is the only one I have on that list. But he's also got the GOAT outfit so I won't complain.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I just have 8-bit Mario from that list, if it counts as the "mario" category. I like the costume.

I really want to track down the wedding ones now though.

Diddy on the other hand.....ehhh...

Further missed opportunities stemming from the lack of a Tharja Amiibo on the market.
Lack of Bayonetta support also dissapointing.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
It is my dream to play the entire game as Doc. That will be the first amiibo I scan

I'm missing Diddy and the wedding amiibo, so I hope all of them can be obtained in game normally.

Too bad Silver Mario doesn't unlock permanent Metal Mario mode.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear, they've specified a few times that all amiibo costumes can be unlocked in-game. The amiibo just unlocks them early. Unless that's changed since they last mentioned it.

So you can get the wedding outfits in game but (I assume) not until you beat the final boss or whatever.

OP
OP
memoryman3

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone check and see if Mario/Luigi/Wario/WaLuigi/Diddy Amiibo cards work?

Cards don't work because they are recognised as separate characters. Which is very stupid IMO. They should have handled it the Animal Crossing way, so they can be compatible by default with developers having the option to disable use of cards, which Miitopia does.

Costumes look great! Can you mix and match hats and outfits?

Yep! Waluigi hat with Boxer Shorts is a thing!

So can all these costumes be atained in game? Or just the costumes from the new amiibo?

All of them can be unlocked, but they are post game. And Gold Mario is really, really expensive to get through normal means.

Last edited:

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo
I bought a ton of those tags that you can write with your NFC-enabled phone and store them in case I would ever use them (ended up never using it on BOTW, aside from testing)

Lets see if I will finally be using those.

Edited: Uh, just saw that all costumes are unlocked in-game so will be skipping those yet again hehe.

lovelyperson

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any pictures of Silver Mario? I wanna become Metal Mario.
Also seriously regretting not getting a Dr. Mario amiibo now.

OP
OP
memoryman3

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are there any pictures of Silver Mario? I wanna become Metal Mario.
Also seriously regretting not getting a Dr. Mario amiibo now.

Dr Mario isn't tooo hard to unlock if you know what you're doing.

Also,
Silver Mario amiibo presumably unlocks the same thing as Gold Mario, but there's a Metal Mario costume unlockable in game.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Love the descriptions on these, Waluigi's especially. Waiting for his turn in the spotlight indeed...

OP
OP
memoryman3

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Bowser and Toad don't technically have hats, but I wonder about Peach, Daisy and Rosalina, who have crowns.

Was the hair too much of a problem to rig? In Miitopia and SSB, Daisy's wig is very large compared to the Mario Bros. hats.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
for some reason i had my amiibo phase with zelda when i bought 4 of them this past march.

but after that i did not care for them. I may get the standard mario, luigi, wario and waluigi just to have them. or perhaps just bowser and yoshi. but i think i am fully satisfied with only owning the 4 zelda ones i have.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I scanned Doctor Mario earlier, didn't think I'd get anything else from my collection but now you're telling me I can have a Diddy Mario? awwww yes

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Classic Mario day one for me. But man I really wanted an amiibo to unlock red and white striped outfit.