• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I expected BOTW to be in first place before I clicked the link. I expected MK8D to be up there, but not in first place.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's already topped Zelda and the game hasn't even officially launched in NA yet....

This game is going to be absolutely massive.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
7f5.gif

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
They certainly went all in with year one. Things are going to be crazy when Pokemon finally comes along...

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Uh... it might be time for me to buy a Switch. I knew this game was looking great from previews, but the sales/reviews/hype is getting to me pretty quickly.

ChatonPute

Oct 25, 2017
Is that really reliable as a source ?
Do we know if they are doing that by value or sales numbers ?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The Year of Nintendo continues.

Not surprised to see MK8D as number 1 though. That game gets more and more addictive the more you play and figure it out (too bad Deluxe took out firehopping. Dx<) I'm more shocked that BotW on Wii U did as well as it did. Talk about going out with a bang!

Oct 26, 2017
The Year of Nintendo continues.

Not surprised to see MK8D as number 1 though. That game gets more and more addictive the more you play and figure it out (too bad Deluxe took out firehopping. Dx<) I'm more shocked that BotW on Wii U did as well as it did. Talk about going out with a bang!
Wii U owners have been waiting for that game forever. If they're not going to get a Switch for whatever reason or will get it too late, might as well get it on the Wii U and send it off on a high note. Essentially what I did before I got the Switch several months later

Rainrir

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon is not a reliable gauge of overall sales.

But does show it is selling well on Amazon, which can't be a bad thing.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Wii U owners have been waiting for that game forever. If they're not going to get a Switch for whatever reason or will get it too late, might as well get it on the Wii U and send it off on a high note. Essentially what I did before I got the Switch several months later

That's what I did; hitched myself to the Wii U and figured I'd get my money's worth before I found a responsible avenue to purchase a Switch. However, the install base of the Wii U was so small that I figured BotW's sales wouldn't be anything to write home about in the long run.

Oct 26, 2017
That's what I did; hitched myself to the Wii U and figured I'd get my money's worth before I found a responsible avenue to purchase a Switch. However, the install base of the Wii U was so small that I figured BotW's sales wouldn't be anything to write home about in the long run.
Yeah, I just assumed most Wii U owners and Nintendo fans would just move on to the Switch and the Wii U version would maybe sell a million if it got lucky. Guess there were more slow adopters than we thought :P

EDIT: Also, alerts. Now that's a new one. Thank God for that. I would always forget to reply to people because we never got any notifications

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least on Amazon.

Most sport games fans buy the games at Gamestop and similiar retailers.
Clearly most game fans buy games outside of amazon period. Most of the best selling games of 2017 (Destiny, Ghost Recon, NBA 2K17, For Honor, etc) are under the likes of ARMS, Kingdom Hearts, Metroid: SR, and FE:E. We know how those actually performed so this news has limits on its relevancy.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ... It's already outsold Zelda before it's even out? And Zelda is a multi-million seller no less!