• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flo_Evans

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand how nintendo bounces between gutter balls and strikes ever gen. Oh well lets all enjoy peak nintendo a bit before they crash and burn again.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I just went to Best Buy to pick up my Amiibos and saw tons of mario at the back counter while having relatively few copies of AC and wolfenstein.

This game is going to sell really well in States. This was the first time I saw this many games on the back counter during 3 months of residency.

yeah I really wish I brought my phone in to take a picture. my best buy had so many fucking copies of this game, I've never seen anything like it.

Looks like they don't want to run into stock issues for this game.

Hopefully they have enough hardware now too!

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hah I'm guilty of collusion. I just bought a Switch today with Amazon's 3 tops sellers of 2017. I also bought Picross S and Puyo Puyo Tetris, the real heroes.

ArashiPrime

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy that it's already the top-selling game. I would not have guessed that so many Switch games would have been so high up in the ranking. I'm rather interested as well to go back through the previous years' lists as well, given that they go back as far as 1999.

jackal27

Oct 25, 2017
Joplin, MO
If I had to guess, based on my personal buying habits, I'd say that people felt confident enough in the quality of the final product to pre-order it. And if you're going to pre-order a game, you do it on Amazon! I never pre-order games, but I did with this one! It's flipping Mario!

djinnEXE

Oct 25, 2017
4167858-6252711065-tumbl.gif

(Assuming the Pokémon games get released in 2018)
It's a possibility but I don't think it will

arturo2666

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand how nintendo bounces between gutter balls and strikes ever gen. Oh well lets all enjoy peak nintendo a bit before they crash and burn again.

Really small sample size does not a trend make. Also I don't think anything outside of the Wii U was a straight up failure. Gamecube was last place in market share but is there evidence that it was a failure for Nintendo? They play by their own rules, as always.

alba

Oct 27, 2017
MI
Super Mario is the brand that you want on that console, makes sense. I've only played for a couple hours and the game is just amazingly good. This is going to eclipse Mario Kart & Zelda easily in terms of sales.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a possibility but I don't think it will

Same, something tells me that Game Freak want to make a big splash for what is first home console Pokémon game in full HD, yes the Switch can act as a handheld but I am talking about the system power which is more or less on the same level as a home console, I would suspect that they would want to get rid of the trapping of the handheld while encouraging the social aspect that has been the series mantra for 21 years.

Oct 26, 2017
Super Mario is the brand that you want on that console, makes sense. I've only played for a couple hours and the game is just amazingly good. This is going to eclipse Mario Kart & Zelda easily in terms of sales.
Zelda? That's a pretty safe bet actually but Mario Kart? Mario Kart is a pretty big party game. As awesome Super Mario Odyssey, it ain't beating out Mario Kart. At least not in the long run

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

Don't underestimate Mario Kart, the best selling Mario Kart sold 3 times more than the best selling 3D Mario. Mario Kart Wii was a freaking monster (37M copies !!!!)

Oct 27, 2017
I only played for about 40 minutes, not even an hour, and I can see why this game has been so well received. Everything about it is magical. It had me going "oh!" and "yay!" and making me all giddy at every step I took.

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
Still waiting for them to delivery mine. They are using their own "AMZL" as the carrier. Status still say on the way, but never changed to "out for delivery" like other carriers do. I hope its still coming...

EDIT: Of course like 5 minutes after i post i get a text saying its "out for delivery" lol

Last edited:

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So when should we expect folks to start calling the Switch a fad and an anomaly for Nintendo?

I doubt it (or the PS4 as well as it's sold all generation) will hit Wii, much less DS numbers.

But Switch definitely isn't a fad. Nintendo just found a product that fits their niche. Keeps the portability that's always been their strongest point, but also works as a console and appeals to those like me who grew up on their games and still enjoy them but don't like gaming on portables very much.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
On Amazon Canada, number 3 and 4 are NHL 18.

Oh Canada indeed.

*My bad, that's at the moment. If only that held true for overall 2017.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I helped with this although it's still out for delivery which is making me nervous on whether it'll be there by the time I'm off work.

Raina

Oct 25, 2017
This game is going to sell tons. Fourteen people on my Switch friends list, including myself, bought Odyssey on release day. I'm not surprised the figures are that high. But I'm surprised it got more Amazon sales than Zelda.

Deleted member 11926

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's hoping that Nintendo continues its streak in 2018. Do we know if Pokemon for Switch is supposed to be a 2018 release?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If you'd told me last year that the Switch was going to be this big of a success so soon, I wouldn't have believed you. Really impressive, and good to see. I hope they can keep up this success next year, games only get better when Nintendo is doing well.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017