• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

djinnEXE

Oct 25, 2017
How will they top it in 2018?

The system is already set to keep on selling with the current line up though

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow at that list.

Ignoring the point cards that are always there, it's clear this year's big winners are Guerilla Games and Nintendo. And no offense to GG, but they've only got one SKU in that list, as opposed to the roughly ten billion Nintendo products.

Koizumi and Kimishima are the heroes we never knew we needed.

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense Switch dominates the top. Switch has less internal space and Nintendo games hold their value more than any other game, both incentives to buy physical over digital.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
First weekend sales are gonna be nuts. I expect to hear what they are on Monday or Tuesday next week due to Nintendo's Q2 results on the 30th.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Sales are going to be huge - for both hardware and software. This is the starting point of the 2017 holiday season for Switch and its starting with a huge bang.

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not surprised, Switch fans have been starving for a new Super Mario.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo is absolutely killing it. They really planned the software line up of the Switch perfectly for year 1.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo is doing everything right . Zelda and Mario on first year, robust indie support, and even third parties are getting excited and bringing some ports .

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario Odyssey is already sold out in amazon.fr. The attach rate is going to be insane !

EDIT: the Mario bundle is already sold out in amazon.com.

Last edited:

Atram

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Can we expect some early number on Monday/Tuesday for Switch and SMO? Maybe Nintendo will mention it for his financial report?

Pal

Tried to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My god I can't wait to have the switch in my hands and play this game!!! THE HYPE IS SATURATING ALL OVER MY BODY.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I checked some other countries (Amazon 2017):

6th in Germany
8th in UK
1st in France
2nd in Canada
1st USA

I dont know how to check Spain and Italy.

WonkyPanda

Oct 26, 2017
My wife said that as she passed the games department at Target this morning (just after opening), there was already 2 moms asking for Mario. This game is going to wreck the holiday

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly surprised that Mario has already surpassed Zelda as Mario has a greater appeal that Zelda.

How will they top it in 2018?

4167858-6252711065-tumbl.gif

(Assuming the Pokémon games get released in 2018)

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
In hindsight it was completely foolish to expect either Pokemon or Smash Bros this year. Judging by the size of EPD and the fact they're now dedicated to one system (and one team for smartphones), the Switch's best years are still ahead of it.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mario and Mario Kart always way outsell Zelda games. Zelda's a harder sell to the kid/family/causal gamer crowd than those games.

While this is true, BotW is still the best selling Switch game of the year in North America.

Edit - Actually, there's a slight chance this may no longer be true, as I keep forgetting BotW also launched on Wii U. That version is still selling enough each month to allow the game to rank higher than MK8D on NPD, despite Mario Kart usually selling more copies on Switch each month than Zelda.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
You can update the title : It is first now ;)
Hot damn, it's been out for 1 day as opposed to almost 6 months for MK8D and 8 months for BOTW! Not a surprise by any means, but SMO will be absolutely massive. I wouldn't be surprised to see this game breaking the previous 3D Mario sales record (12 million or so) quite easily.
While this is true, BotW is still the best selling Switch game of the year in North America.

Edit - Actually, there's a slight chance this may no longer be true, as I keep forgetting BotW also launched on Wii U. That version is still selling enough each month to allow the game to rank higher than MK8D on NPD, despite Mario Kart usually selling more copies on Switch each month than Zelda.
Yeah, I had this discussion with Mat at some point. The Wii U version of BOTW sells more than the Wii U version of MK8, which is enough to offset the slight sales advantage of MK8D compared to BOTW Switch.

marc^o^

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
After DS and Wii, lightning in a bottle for an encore? In France Switch conversations, the demand & awareness it has, remind me of these periods.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I just went to Best Buy to pick up my Amiibos and saw tons of mario at the back counter while having relatively few copies of AC and wolfenstein.

This game is going to sell really well in States. This was the first time I saw this many games on the back counter during 3 months of residency.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I just went to Best Buy to pick up my Amiibos and saw tons of mario at the back counter while having relatively few copies of AC and wolfenstein.

This game is going to sell really well in States. This was the first time I saw this many games on the back counter during 3 months of residency.

yeah I really wish I brought my phone in to take a picture. my best buy had so many fucking copies of this game, I've never seen anything like it.