• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
marioera9os1f.jpg

Developer: Nintendo EPD Tokyo
Publisher: Nintendo
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: October 27, 2017 (PAL/NA/JP) | December 1, 2017 (KOR)
Genre: Style Savvy-like with Not Enough Platforming
Multiplayer: Yes, the usual 3D Mario Assist Play. P2 controls Cappy. (Treehouse Live@E3 Co-Op Demo)
Motion Controls: Yes (not required but motion enables advances moves for real Mario Bros.(tm))
Pro Controller Compatible: Yes
Potato Mode aka Split Joy-Con: Yes, "ideal" way for best access to moves.
HD Rumble: Yes, intensity setting, involved in puzzles, environmental details
amiibo: Yes (optional (details see below), content can be obtained without them)
eShop Download Size: 5611.98 MB
Languages: (Global SKU!) Japanese, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Russian
Game Download/Official Site: Europe | North America | Japan
Reviews: Here
Photo Mode Thread: Here
Spoiler Thread: Here
NintendoEra Discord:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
abouterapnsn4.png

peacheltterera58syp.png

gameplayeradpsl9.png

odysseylineagee4s9i.jpg

Super Mario Odyssey follows the gameplay lineage established in Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine with open spaces and an extremely flexible moveset to navigate these spaces non-linearly. Mario has to discover, earn, or reach moons (no relation) to power the Odyssey, his aircraft, to chase after Bowser and Peach. Mario has a buddy with him this time: Cappy, his googly-eyed hat which he can throw and use for even more crazy platforming. But that is not all, throwing Cappy at enemies or random objects in the world lets Mario take them over. Ever wanted to be Taxi Mario? Well...
22904869_2028984147382ou7c.jpg

Update 1.0.2
Balloon World
You'll be able to play once you finish the main story. To get started, just find Luigi in each kingdom and talk to him.

There are two ways to play Balloon World:
  • In Hide It, you take a balloon and hide it for other players to find
  • In Find It, you search for balloons other players have hidden
By the way, while you're playing Balloon World, the atmosphere will be a bit different for each kingdom! For example, it might be raining in New Donk City, or the sun might be setting in Tostarena.
ci_nswitch_supermariop9o9k.jpg

amiiboera8ksy3.png

amiibophslo.jpg

Many other amiibo also unlock costume parts.
Detailed amiibo unlock info thread is here.

mediaeraaxsyf.png

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Robiin

Oct 26, 2017
There it is! Can't wait to join in, three hours til unlock time! Nothing like a new 3D Mario!

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Nice OT! Still debating with myself if I want to spend 400$ CAN for a switch for it. It looks so good though!

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Really excited to have mine unlock tonight. 12 EST is what I read, so hopefully that's right. I hope the unlocking process on the preload isn't too painful.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic OT!

That letter from Peach is....incredible, to say the least.

This OT + the OT at "that other place" might be the most brilliant thing I've seen all year

Last edited:

DryvBy

Oct 25, 2017
Anywhere
I can't wait to ride a giant Yoshi.

Forgot to add this Cuphead tribute I animated for the OT originally.
eXbl1Nn.gif

Last edited:

brandonh83

Oct 25, 2017
This is glorious. Good stuff. Mere hours away from getting a copy. Can't believe Nintendo got this and Zelda out within 7 months.

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
This will be my first switch game since I bought a switch a while back.
Glad this will be my first title.

I loved Galaxy,
I'm hoping this game will top it :D

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
My game has been shipped & I'm ready to go. Hopefully Amazon gets my game in the mail in a timely manner.

Oct 25, 2017
HYPE!!! Awesome OT, TheMoon! Picking this game up tonight at 10 and the hype has consumed all of the organs in, and maybe even around, my body.

Edit: Oh man.... I totally just realized what you did with the OT, between here and you-know-where. This is easily the most creative one I've seen in a while. Props.

Last edited:

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Slightly concerned about the handheld situation but I did all of the BotW gyro shrines in handheld so I'll probably manage lol.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of buying a Switch just because of this game. Great OT, also.

illrated

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got a message from Best Buy that my copy was ready for pickup. Called them to confirm and I guess I can't pick it up till tonight at 9. So the countdown begins.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Great OT, TheMoon.

Haven't been this excited for a long time. Great to experience this all once again with y'all.