1. Raputation

Raputation
    Alt-Account Member

It’s still a fairly recent topic, and there’s nothing wrong with calling out people with lowered standards.

2. AztecComplex

AztecComplex
    Banned Member

Deserved but Galaxy deserved it even more since it continues to be the best 3D Mario ever, goddammit!

3. MCN

MCN

Joined Monday, only has 11 posts, posts shit like the above. Yeah, I can't see you lasting long.

4. mazi

mazi

your taste isn't the standard by which other people's taste is measured.

5. mclem

mclem

I thought this was a rather odd post - returning to a thread over a week later to rant about the music, when that's not even directly the context of the thread. So I took a brief look at the recent pattern of posts you made.

In the space of one hour, you've made eight posts, all about Mario, mostly critical, one on a thread that had its last post in June. So now I have to ask out of abject curiosity as to what brought this on!

Edit: And in the time it took me to write that, others have also noted this! Oops.

6. SmarmySmurf

SmarmySmurf

Now use the engine to remake SM64 with minimal non-visual changes.

7. Hermii

Hermii

Exploration based 3D Mario collectathons was a failed experiment. Now go back to level based platforming goodness.

Said only me :(

8. Raputation

Raputation
    Alt-Account Member

Debatable tbh.

9. Zippo

Zippo
    Member OP

ignore the hot takes, y'all, mods have already made their stance clear on it in the FFXV thread.

I don't see why we can't have both.

10. Raputation

Raputation
    Alt-Account Member

N64 fanboys love them so :shrug:

Personally I think Nintendo just needs to design better worlds. Odyssey probably as the worst selection of worlds in the series.

11. Mbolibombo

Mbolibombo

edit:

cool.

12. pld

pld

Tell me again in what position are you to define the standards for people?

13. Raputation

Raputation
    Alt-Account Member

I understand opinions but objectively bad opinions like “Sunshine has the best 3D Mario OST” for example shouldn’t exist. People with those opinions deserve to be silenced.

14. Raputation

Raputation
    Alt-Account Member

Thanks ^_^

You’re cool too.

15. pld

pld

Again, why are you trying to define for other people what is supposed to be good and bad. Reading your posts I am not quite sure if you "understand opinions".

16. This is seriously childish. You not liking the music doesn't mean it's bad and you're certainly not the arbiter of high standards.

17. GiantBreadbug

GiantBreadbug

Good luck with this schtick my friend

18. Raputation

Raputation
    Alt-Account Member

I’m not attacking those who like the game itself. I’m attacking those who think Sunshine’s soundtrack is anything more than just “decent”. Because that is just objectively wrong. That’s an example btw.

19. Wiped

Wiped

Agreed. Not even close

20. Raputation

Raputation
    Alt-Account Member

When the majority agree that Sunshine has the worst soundtrack of the console games, yes those few users here who unironically think Sunshine’s soundtrack is fantastic clearly have their standards lowered.

21. mazi

mazi

you need to calm down, lol

22. FiXalaS

FiXalaS

One post did all this

23. Thornquist

Thornquist

Bring on the sequel!
    Super Mario Odyssey to 64 Galaxies: Sunshine edition

24. Ada

Ada

One day i'll finish this game. No idea why it didn't hook me.

25. Markitron

Markitron

I'm not a person that believes that all opinions are equally valid, incorrect opinions do exist.

This is not one of those occasions.

26. Ex-Actarus

Ex-Actarus

I’m surprised Nintendo didn't unleash the Mario Galaxy games in HD. It would be easy 10 million to get...

27. unicornKnight

unicornKnight

Sure 10 million is easy peasy lmao

Even both games as one package in HD would struggle to reach 5 millions.

28. Hermii

Hermii

Still holding out hope for it.

29. Ex-Actarus

Ex-Actarus

LOL ! Are you kidding me ? Have seen the numbers Mario games can make ? I’m telling you Mario Galaxy HD is 10 million garanteed.

30. BasilZero

BasilZero

Impressive

Tempted to buy the Switch this holiday season but I think I'll wait an additional year.

31. unicornKnight

unicornKnight

Clearly you think games sell just by their names. I don't. Btw here's the quote from wiki:

"As of July 16, 2010, the game has sold 1 million copies within the USA. As of April 2011, Super Mario Galaxy 2 has sold 6.36 million copies worldwide."

I don't have time to research but it's probably not far from the truth.

10 millions guaranteed my ass. I'm really tired of these narratives... "has X on the name, will sell billions"

32. Noppie

Noppie

Oh, well if you say so. Must be then, what fools Nintendo are.

33. Ex-Actarus

Ex-Actarus

If you look at games like GTA V and the Last of Us. Those games sold pretty much as well on current gen that they did last gen.

If you look at Wii U games on the Switch, they are also selling as much - if not more - than they did on the Wii U.

So - again - 10 million will be garanteed for Super Mario Galaxy HD on the Switch.

34. tenderbrew

tenderbrew

God I'd kill for Galaxy HD.

Actually I'll just go toss in my Wii U and play it rn.

35. He is obviously trolling, don't feed...