• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Source is the Super Mario Odyssey JP Twitter account

D3q6JLGUUAEGtqJ.jpg

Looking cool, Mario

tumblr_inline_ppo80yYZgt1rmjx4g_1280.jpg

tumblr_ppo84q2uJq1s2z1y6o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ppo80x0P9Q1rmjx4g_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ppo80yFpkS1rmjx4g_1280.jpg

Last edited:

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Like others mentioned, VR promotional media distributed via non-VR means is kinda pointless.

It's like promoting space-travel by showing you a black picture of nothing.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Ah, I see. I'm still interested but I understand these screens may not be fully representative of the experience.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
having to hold the switch up to your head is massively uncomfortable, why couldn't they give you a strap and just let you use the joycons in each hand ?

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
having to hold the switch up to your head is massively uncomfortable, why couldn't they give you a strap and just let you use the joycons in each hand ?
They don't want you to use Labo/Switch VR for extended periods of time.

• When playing games in VR mode, you may, depending on your physical condition, experience symptoms of motion sickness. You may also experience fatigue and/or discomfort when playing for an extended period of time.
  • When playing games in VR mode, please pay attention to your physical condition, and play in short bursts until you become accustomed to the experience. If you start to feel unwell at all, please stop playing and take a break until you feel better.
  • The VR Goggles are handheld goggles and should not be secured to the head. During VR mode, you can stop playing and take a break at any time.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
So the reward for beating the VR missions is a VR Pauline performance? Okay.

Looks good to me!!! Cant wait!!! Yo, they better start supporting this thing in almost all their 1st party games.
I'm sure we'll get more compatible games over time; Mario Kart would probably be next (after Odyssey and BotW, obviously).

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I wonder which game is going to get closer to being the Super Mario 64 of VR, this or Astro Bot.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Out of context, it just looks like Mario is really happy to get his revenge on the evil piano from Super Mario 64:

962Nm92.jpg

For those who don't remember:

LivelyFarflungKitfox-size_restricted.gif

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I'd imagine with how Odyssey had multiple objectives within relatively small areas, they could probably pack in a good amount of content in even mini missions. The only thing is that I find odd is we haven't seen any enemies in this mode at all. I know Nintendo specifically mentioned collecting coins and musical notes, but if that's all it's limited to, with no capture mechanics either, it would be disappointing even just as far as offering a taste of what a Mario VR game build from the ground up with VR in mind could be like.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if any odd visual distortion from the lens built into the cardboard VR goggle headset thing will smooth out the visuals in Mario and BOTW.

Oct 26, 2017
Essex
Yeah. A lot of the time VR screenshots and footage is like much higher res then it actually looks. Though less of a case on PC obviously.

Yep if you see some screens for Firewall in the promo videos as well the resolution is well above what the headset puts in front of your eyes, always seems a bit of a con lol Picked up a Vive last week and instantly saw the difference in clarity.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
All Odyssey promo shots are bullshots to a degree if you intend to play handheld but Nintendo is setting expectations way too high for anyone who hasn't experienced PSVR and expects the resolution to look anything like that.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Why are people saying that's high res? I can see pixel steps on my phone even?

We need some pixel counters.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I'd imagine with how Odyssey had multiple objectives within relatively small areas, they could probably pack in a good amount of content in even mini missions. The only thing is that I find odd is we haven't seen any enemies in this mode at all. I know Nintendo specifically mentioned collecting coins and musical notes, but if that's all it's limited to, with no capture mechanics either, it would be disappointing even just as far as offering a taste of what a Mario VR game build from the ground up with VR in mind could be like.

It could be like Luigi's Balloon World which was the online portion of Super Mario Odyssey that was added a few months after release. That mode doesn't have enemies either. It's a test of speed as you try and navigate the courses to try and find balloons before the timer runs out.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I don't get how this can pass as some VR screenshots when in VR mode the screen will be split in half with the two separate viewpoints?