• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
https:///joy-con-selling-out-in-europe-and-japan-thanks-to-super-mario-party/

Amazon Italy, France, Denmark, and United Kingdom have run out of almost every single color available. Now they're up for back-order and will only ship in 5 to 15 days. Meanwhile, GEO, one of the largest video game retailers in Japan, has reported a 300% increase in Joy-Con sales after Super Mario Party launched.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The only needing a joy con as a controller just makes Mario Party that much more accessible.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I thought about buying an extra set on sale the other day before reminding myself that I don't even own the game yet. Lmao.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
The Joy-Con is such a wonderful controller and I hope it's Nintendo standard going forward.

I don't understand why anyone would ever want to play a game on a Pro Controller or a traditional controller when you can free hand 2 Joy-Cons and sit comfortably on the couch with your arms far apart spread wide with a Joy-Con in each hand.

The experience is so laid back and casual I hate having to go back to the Xbox One controller and having to lean forward and keep my hands close and tensed now.

Happy sales are increasing. Super Mario Party is a good game and the joy cons are beasts.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo:
keikaku.jpg

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Going into October, I felt like MP was going to be a nice easy million seller for Nintendo, but judging from reactions online, media create sales in Japan and now this, it seems to have hit something much bigger. What am I missing?

(not an Mario Party fan) and asking for a friend.

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao they made Super Mario Party to sell joycons. Congrats on the success Nintendo.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Looks like it's time to sell some Joy-Cons that I bought and kept so I would have 4 pairs total. What a mistake that was.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Super Mario Party is a big hit then? I'm glad there is still an audience for Nintendo's wacky party games.

Oct 25, 2017
The Joy-Con is such a wonderful controller and I hope it's Nintendo standard going forward.

I don't understand why anyone would ever want to play a game on a Pro Controller or a traditional controller when you can free hand 2 Joy-Cons and sit comfortably on the couch with your arms far apart spread wide with a Joy-Con in each hand.

The experience is so laid back and casual I hate having to go back to the Xbox One controller and having to lean forward and keep my hands close and tensed now.

Happy sales are increasing. Super Mario Party is a good game and the joy cons are beasts.
Big hands? Not hard to imagine dude.

The single joy con is great for Mario Party, but I straight up could not play Zelda or Smash the way you described.

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
I still much prefer a traditional controller because of how much more solid the build quality is but joycons are a nice way to play no doubt

Nintendo lets make another Mario Party game with full online support yeah? The gimped online kept me from buying this go around

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Super Mario Party is a big hit then? I'm glad there is still an audience for Nintendo's wacky party games.
Its pretty lacking content wise, but its hard to not have fun with any Mario Party with friends/family. Nintendo's franchises can bring the charm at a level no else comes close to. I just wish full online was a thing.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I had to buy a new set since my launch joycons are both unusable already. I've been able to get by with the Pro controller until now.... sure does sting dropping so much money on a Joy-con pair when the all seem to go to shit so quickly.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Going into October, I felt like MP was going to be a nice easy million seller for Nintendo, but judging from reactions online, media create sales in Japan and now this, it seems to have hit something much bigger. What am I missing?

Mario Party is traditionally a bigger than that and this entry in particular seems to be catching people off guard.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017

Mario Party has always been one of those work-horse Nintendo franchises that no one really pays attention to in core gaming circles but is incredibly popular in non-core people.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Party has always been one of those work-horse Nintendo franchises that no one really pays attention to in core gaming circles but is incredibly popular in non-core people.
Yup, mario party is almost animal crossing levels of people not noticing just how much these games sell

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I did end up getting a set of joy cons due to Mario party. Surprised some regions weren't prepared..

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Its pretty lacking content wise, but its hard to not have fun with any Mario Party with friends/family. Nintendo's franchises can bring the charm at a level no else comes close to. I just wish full online was a thing.
Afaik the only real content lacking is the boards otherwise its a pretty well rounded mario party game

Oct 25, 2017
It's the only controller available to play the game, and that you can only use one Joycon per person. So, if you want four player Mario Party, you'll need extra set of Joycons.
So, just like local multiplayer on any other system, you have to buy extra controllers if you want to play with multiple people? Thanks for the warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.