• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Whoa! I expected Spring for some reason. Never played this but I think it's time I try it out!

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sure, why not? Will be nice to have a easy to get into (although hella difficult) platformer on the go.

BlackAdder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So it's the shitty music? No thanks. The music makes.the difference between a game that is superior to every platformer ever made and forgettable mediocity. At least I still have the 360 and steam versions. This is like if they replaced John Williams score for Star Wars with random polka songs.

Nov 23, 2017
So it's the shitty music? No thanks. The music makes.the difference between a game that is superior to every platformer ever made and forgettable mediocity. At least I still have the 360 and steam versions. This is like if they replaced John Williams score for Star Wars with random polka songs.
I agree but the game is a hard as nails platformer. It doesn't actually change the game in this case. If it was Uncharted or something sure.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I agree but the game is a hard as nails platformer. It doesn't actually change the game in this case. If it was Uncharted or something sure.
You'd be surprised how important a good soundtrack is for ultra hard games. If you're going to hear the same song loop for hours at a time, it should be good

Not to say the new SMB soundtrack is annoying or anything, I haven't heard it, it's just that the old soundtrack was really, really good

That's gonna be fun without a proper dpad..
The game is designed around a joystick

BlackAdder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe if you have never heard the original,.it might be playable, but it is impossible for me to enjoy it. When I got the free copy on PS4, I gave it a shot and was completely bored. Went back to the 360 version and got hooked back in.

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Maybe if you have never heard the original,.it might be playable, but it is impossible for me to enjoy it. When I got the free copy on PS4, I gave it a shot and was completely bored. Went back to the 360 version and got hooked back in.

Yeah, it's like Hotline Miami. The soundtrack is what made the game fun for me. Don't think I would have beaten it had it not been as memorable.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Suddenly I'm glad I didn't pay attention to the game when it first released. Since now I don't really know what the old music sounded like, I'll be able to enjoy the game and new music.

quincognito

Oct 25, 2017
Every time this game that I otherwise would happily play on a more portable system gets announced again I remember that they ruined the music so I can never play a newer version of it and I get sad.

Nov 23, 2017
You'd be surprised how important a good soundtrack is for ultra hard games. If you're going to hear the same song loop for hours at a time, it should be good

Not to say the new SMB soundtrack is annoying or anything, I haven't heard it, it's just that the old soundtrack was really, really good

The game is designed around a joystick

Yeah, I do agree. But I still 109%ed SMB with that new soundtrack. Like, of course it's not the complete experience. But that's like saying a hard of hearing person wouldn't enjoy the grueling, excellence platforming as much. But it exists independently of the sound...

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I never got the chance to play this game. I really should pick it up.

After I finish Xenoblade. And Skyrim. And a bunch of other indie titles I need to play.

Help.

Rewrite

Oct 26, 2017
Fontana, California
I picked up the PS4 version and the new music totally ruined my experience with the game. The old music was so much better and it was one of the reasons why I enjoyed it on 360. Not sure if I want to pick this one up...

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I see everyone in here is conveniently forgetting that the new cotton alley music is way better than the original

Nov 23, 2017
You could mute the game and put on the old OST? I don't know, I think it's silly to focus on the soundtrack in what is a platforming game. It's not like this game is DKC2 or whatever.

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
They should try to get the original music back. I played it on PC originally and tried the PS4 version later. Made a huge difference IMO.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know that he can't get back the old soundtrack but he should think about replacing the new one, it's horrible.

Couldn't get into the Vita version because of that.

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China

hell yes. no barakowski music sucks but i'll take what i can get

And that's whats gonna prevent me from every buying it again.

Never had a soundtrack for a game been so crucial to complimenting the gameplay.

Just imagine Mario 3 with fake Mario 3 music, or Super Metroid with fake Super Metroid music.

Or DKC 1, 2, and Tropical freeze without a David Wise soundtrack.

It's just not happening

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
Replacing the music ruins the new ports, that soundtrack is burned in my brain

Just imagine Mario 3 with fake Mario 3 music, or Super Metroid with fake Super Metroid music.

Or DKC 1, 2, and Tropical freeze without a David Wise soundtrack.

It's just not happening

Right. Imagine the shitstorm that would result if they rereleased Chrono Trigger and just threw out the original score. That's basically what this situation is to me.

Last edited:

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The music is a damn shame, but the game is nearly peerless in terms of platforming. I'll pick it up if it gets a physical release. Wouldn't mind having it on the go.