• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
The hardship of playing through the exact same game minus trading cards is truly benevolence personified.

Them's the brakes, if a dev wants me to buy a game then offer it on Steam where I prefer to buy and play my games because it's a service I've become accustomed to and happy with as well as the community and friends. I don't care much for Epic launcher, and if a game is exclusive there, I won't bother with it.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Waning a single unified launcher experience is basically emulating a closed platform like consoles.

Ideally, if every developer released their own launcher, we wouldn't have this problem.

Erf nevermind I misread you. I thought you wrote "it'd be nice for every games to be on every launcher".

VallenValiant

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The hardship of playing through the exact same game minus trading cards is truly benevolence personified.
No, buying a piece of entertainment just to give money to developers is benevolence.
The customer has no reason to get out of their way to buy this game. If you want customers, you earn it. Since Epic clearly already paid cash to the developers for exclusivity, they don't need to get money from anyone else.

Cleardata

Nov 1, 2017
If they want me to invest in another storefront at least have feature parity with the competition. Otherwise I'm better served waiting to buy things like SMBF on the platform that has the majority of my games and lets me stream, play comfortably on the couch with Big Picture, and share my library with my family. As far as I know Epic doesn't do that.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
AFAIK they became available on 2008, a bit more than 10 years ago, and around 5 since Steam launched.
You can't start demanding that a new platform matches decade-old features of the competition.
Especially not from a tiny company like Epic games with the backing of Tencent.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
It's not going to have, or it currently doesn't have, those features?
But who the fuck cares? Should I be happy that Epic moneyhats a game to be in a shitty service and not be in a factually better one, because someday Epic's service might stop being a piece of shit? Because that's what you seem to be getting at.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Then why don't release the game in Steam too? Then they will get the benefits of the cut on the Epic Store and also the millions of users that buy games in Steam or other stores like GMG, Fanatical, Amazon.
You mean letting the market (consumers) decide?

We can't be doing that!

Honestly the whole "this is competition" nonsense is so grating. Competition is letting people decide where to buy your games. This is monopolist on a per game basis and makes a mockery of PC as a platform.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
But who the fuck cares? Should I be happy that Epic moneyhats a game to be in a shitty service and not be in a factually better one, because someday Epic's service might stop being a piece of shit? Because that's what you seem to be getting at.
No, you can feel however the hell you want, and buy your games wherever you want. It doesn't change the fact that the developers made their own decision to support Epic. You aren't owed their game. You're blaming both Epic and Team Meat for making a business decision because you feel you have the right to have the game on the platform you want it on. Get over yourself.

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
No, you can feel however the hell you want, and buy your games wherever you want. It doesn't change the fact that the developers made their own decision to support Epic. You aren't owed their game. You're blaming both Epic and Team Meat for making a business decision because you feel you have the right to have the game on the platform you want it on. Get over yourself.
What? I am not entitled to the game, yeah. I am, however, entitled to complain about a shitty business decision.

Do you know what you are not entitled to? To decide what I should or shouldn't complain about. You can either try to make a point as to how I'm wrong or just let me be, lol.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
At least when i did my Steam boycott i saved my ire for the company and not the developers on Steam. People dont know they are coming off like the szechuan sauce kid.

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
At least when i did my Steam boycott i saved my ire for the company and not the developers on Steam. People dont know they are coming off like the szechuan sauce kid.
I think no one is doing that. I'll happily support the developer... on Steam, when they launch the game there. And you know what? If they decide to sell Steam keys directly on their website I may buy it there and they'll get 100% of the money!

Not purchasing the game on the Epic launcher doesn't mean my ire is on Team Meat, lmao.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
What? I am not entitled to the game, yeah. I am, however, entitled to complain about a shitty business decision.

Do you know what you are not entitled to? To decide what I should or shouldn't complain about. You can either try to make a point as to how I'm wrong or just let me be, lol.
The irony of telling me that you're entitled to complain about a shitty business decision, and yet I'm not entitled to complain about your opinion. lmao

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017

I don't understand what the problem is, it's a clean business relationship. The developer makes a business decision for his own reasons and I choose not to buy the game for my own reasons.

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
The irony of telling me that you're entitled to complain about a shitty business decision, and yet I'm not entitled to complain about your opinion. lmao
I believe two things right now. That you will refuse to accept why what you're doing right now with me is wrong and dumb, and that everyone else who reads our messages will actually understand it. So... I'll stop here.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
User Warned: Antagonizing other users across multiple threads
I believe two things right now. That you will refuse to accept why what you're doing right now with me is wrong and dumb, and that everyone else who reads our messages will actually understand it. So... I'll stop here.
That's because you're delusional, but yes, please stop.

undu

Oct 28, 2017
You can't start demanding that a new platform matches decade-old features of the competition.
Especially not from a tiny company like Epic games with the backing of Tencent.
I wish I could. I'd be demanding Sweeney to put his money where his mouth is and start supporting Linux as if his company's future depended on it.

We both know what's the chance of that happening. :(

Norwegian_Imposter

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The gaming community is the most tribalistic community in the fucking world. And I mean more tribalistic than actual IRL tribes lol. Jesus Christ people. Have some self awareness.

A new launcher? A new store? How DARE they!
The issue isn't a new store or launcher it's the paying the devs to make it exclusive to that store. It makes no sense except for ceos to get their %