• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing a Monday reveal? What day does Sega typically announce games? If it's a JP announcement, then Famitsu may have it, which Famitsu themselves may post on their site at I think 4AM EST on Tuesday morning. If not, the magazine leaks properly at around midnight-1PM EST Wednesday.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018

So an HD remaster of Banana Blitz. I have 0 intention of revisiting that game, lol. We could've gotten Deluxe with Gamecube controller support if they did an HD remaster of that instead D:

I have higher hopes for the supposed new game. Not too high though, we'll see.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Banana Blitz?????

I had no problems with that game but wow not many will be happy about that.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
Banana Blitz outsourced all the mini games and ruined them.

It was an unforgivable crime.

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking ADORED Banana Blitz! :D

I'm guessing:

Banana Blitz HD is Switch exclusive due to the motion controls (do devs even use the dualshock 4's motion controls?), and the new game as rated is on Switch, PS4, and PC.

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Banana Blitz is the 4th best Monkey Ball game behind 1,2, and Monkey Ball Jr.

Garbage choice.

John Omaha

Oct 25, 2017
Why not Deluxe? How can a company be so incompetent? There's probably some moron over at Sega whose thought process was "Well the Switch is uh... kinda similar to the Wii, right? No? Fuck it, port the Wii game anyway!"

Nov 23, 2017
I didn't hate Blitz at the time, but I can't imagine really (or why anyone would be) wanting to play it again. And its minigames are like if the Black Tiger devs were made to half ass a multiplayer mode. But if the new game is good I don't really mind they bungled this.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I have a new name. Super Monkey Ball: Dr Badboon Returns.

My friends and I clocked up so many hours playing Monkey Target 2. Had some heated arguments too, haha. No items!!

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
I love all of the Monkey Ball games so I'ld get Banana Blitz if it were to come, but it's still the most underwhelming choice possible. A remaster of 1/2/Deluxe would have been much better (I just want Monkey Target back...)

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Dont panic people, read the tweets. The trademarked game that this thread was started over is believed to be separate from the Switch Banana Blitz port.

Oct 26, 2017
I still can't believe Banana Splitz was on Vita and not Wii U. The same dev (Marvelous AQL) even moved right on to Mario & Sonic Sochi right afterwards. Always seemed... fishy to me, like why would you not make that a Wii U launch title like on what, every other prior Nintendo platform?

Also, duh, a Banana Blitz HD and (banana) yellow Switch Lite bundle on Sept 20th at launch in Japan (and hopefully in the west as well) would be GENIUS!

Last edited:

Kinn

Oct 28, 2017
Banana Blitz !?

OT but Im trying to think whether A monkey ball VR game is a good idea or not...

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I would actually dig a Banana Blitz HD. Sure the minigames sucked but the main game was pretty fun.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember thinking Banana Blitz was...alright. Nothing groundbreaking certainly, but I don't think it was a bad game.

I'd rather just have a remaster of Deluxe though.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
I really just want more Monkey Ball. The series has been dormant for a while. I haven't played any of them since like...2 I think. Happy to see it's coming back with a remaster and new entry!

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
If the only Super Monkey Ball game we end up getting is an HD remaster of Banana Blitz.... SEGA. Come the fuck on. That game was a dumpster fire.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Banana Blitz HD would make me so frustrated. The original is my biggest disappointment in gaming to this day and Super Monkey Ball 2 HD with online is one of my most wanted games.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
BANANA BLITZ!? REALLY?

I mean I'll take it but....the first two games are masterpieces and they choose the Wii one? Please be a bunk rumor...