• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017

The Taiwan rating board have recently put up a rating listing for a new Super Monkey Ball game for Switch, PS4, and PC whose title (現嚐好滋味!超級猴子球) seems to translate (via Google Translate) from Chinese as Now Taste Good! Super Monkey Ball. There's also a Japanese title in the rating (たべごろ!スーパーモンキーボール) that translates to the similar The food is great! Super Monkey Ball.

Based on the title, it's likely the same one that was trademarked in Japan a while back.

smb-switch.png

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh wow, this would be amazing. Super monkey ball with gyro on switch might be too much to ask, but here's hoping.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I just hope the game is good. I never played the last few installments on the Wii and 3DS, but i've heard that they aren't as great as the first two console games.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
This comes from our very own Hero of Legend

The Taiwanese rating board has seemingly let it slip that a new Super Monkey Ball game is in development. This lines up with SEGA renewing the Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz trademark a few months ago in America and "Tabegoro!" Super Monkey Ball rating that went up in Japan recently as well. The title even sounds similar.
Tabegoro means "Ripe" or "good to eat" while this title, when (roughly) translated, means
"Now Good Taste!".

It even comes with key art as well as a logo:

taste.png

Given how ratings work, the game is most likely nearing completion/release, so we should get an official announcement rather soon, possibly during Comic Con.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i have very low confidence in them making a new good monkey ball game, so i hope this is just an HD remaster of the first two games.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Need to wait and see if it's a good game before I can really care.

The first two games are great arcadey titles, but the series (which is something like another ten titles, remember!) since has been varying levels of mediocre.

As weird as it is, it'd probably be a safer gamble if they were just releasing a HD collection/remaster of the first two.

OP
OP
N75

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
One thing is that the artwork is defintely more reminiscent of the newer (post-Deluxe) titles, so this is likely an entirely new game and not a remaster/compilation.

It could be a remake, I guess.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
The monkey race is one of the best mini games ever. Perfect local multiplayer. I would even buy a full game of Monkey Ball Racing.

I miss this franchise so much.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I love Monkey Ball, but it's hard to get excited when the series has been, ahem, rolling downhill. I think a collection of 1 and 2 would get me more excited. I'm happy to see the series is still alive though!