• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
OMG, its been ages since a good Monkey Ball game. 1 and 2 on Gamecube were probably the best party game every created.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Nope, I can't get excited for a Super Monkey Ball announcement in 2019. Without AV, they can't make a good game.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just bring back the Mini Games.

Monkey Target for days.

Oct 28, 2017
Either remaster the first two games or really focus hard on delivering that original core monkey ball experience. The Vita game was SO CLOSE to getting it right. Wasn't a bad game. For me it was the best game since SMB2. But it had its issues.

OP
OP
N75

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Said it on an earlier page, but the artwork is based on the post-Deluxe character designs, so I wouldn't expect a remaster.
Nope, I can't get excited for a Super Monkey Ball announcement in 2019. Without AV, they can't make a good game.
Well a fair amount of the staff still seems to be there, they mostly just moved over to Yakuza instead.

I wonder if RGG is developing this.

Oct 28, 2017
I'd like to see a Monkey Ball game sell itself on a course editor and go hard on user made course creation. Super Monkey Ball Maker. I could see the community making some really cool stuff.

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
04.jpg

Does anyone still remember the old look Nagoshi who had a column in Edge.
He just talked about how much he liked whisky if I recall nttawwt ... hic

blondkayvon

Oct 26, 2017
Please be something akin to the pure perfection that is Super Monkey Ball 2. Minigames and all. I want Monkey Target, Monkey Dogfight, Monkey Shot, bowling, pool, the works.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I generally like Monkey Ball, even the mediocre ones like 3D and Step N Roll so Im down for whatever this is.

Too bad Hideki Naganuma is no longer with Sega, i LOVED his music in Banana Blitz and 3D

This is a loose remix of a song from a DS monkey ball game mashed up with a bunch of Sonic Rush samples its fantastic

His music with a game that was on the quality of the first two would be incredible imo

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
The Android version was such a disappointment. It would not let me play podcasts while playing. The podcast would stop the second you pressed an on screen button every time.

Any mobile game that doesn't let you mute the music/effects and play your own music or podcasts overtop is a deal breaker for me.

Hook this into my veins.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Holy shit, please be similar in quality to Super Monkey Ball 1/2. Frankly, the franchise being alive at all is amazing news, but those games are among my favorite from that generation of gaming.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Either remaster the first two games or really focus hard on delivering that original core monkey ball experience. The Vita game was SO CLOSE to getting it right. Wasn't a bad game. For me it was the best game since SMB2. But it had its issues.
All they have to do is to make good levels with no gimmicks. Just let me move a ball with a monkey inside and let that be the end of it. No exploration, no jump button, no boss battles, just a ton of levels

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I generally like Monkey Ball, even the mediocre ones like 3D and Step N Roll so Im down for whatever this is.

Too bad Hideki Naganuma is no longer with Sega, i LOVED his music in Banana Blitz and 3D

This is a loose remix of a song from a DS monkey ball game mashed up with a bunch of Sonic Rush samples its fantastic

His music with a game that was on the quality of the first two would be incredible imo

They can bring him back, SEGA hired him to make a song for Persona 3 Dancing so it's not like they're in bad blood or anything.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
If this ends up being good I'm so in! Monkey flight (? - the one where you have to land on a target) might be my most played local multiplayer game on the GameCube - Melee aside of course.

Oct 28, 2017
All they have to do is to make good levels with no gimmicks. Just let me move a ball with a monkey inside and let that be the end of it. No exploration, no jump button, no boss battles, just a ton of levels
Exactly what the Vita game was. My main issue with the Vita game is just that they made it a tad too hard. The game would have been infinitely better if it had a mode where you could do one level at a time saving after each one. Having to start from the beginning every time you got a game over was a tad too punishing for me. Even the original Super Monkey Ball had unlimited continues for you to unlock to make getting through it easier, then you could go for better runs after.

The Vita game totally went for a back to the roots approach and the core gameplay and level design was very good. It had all the right intentions just missed the mark a bit. Honestly just more of that but with a less punishing SMB2 esque story mode in addition to classic mode is all they need to do.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Imagine a Super Monkey Ball game with HD rumble as good as Golf Story and being more akin to the first two games. They can take my money.

Jeeves

Nov 21, 2017
More excited for Rolled Out than this, honestly. I don't think Sega remembers what made the first two games so good.

Burbank

Sep 9, 2018
Pangea
IIRC the lack of a joystick option made accurate controls impossible for me on hard levels in the Wii, DS and Android versions.

I hope they don't go 100% gyro for this.