• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Platforms and Pricing
$49.99
June 20, 2019 (Steam) (on sale atm $39.99)
June 25, 2019 (NA - PS4/Switch)
June 28, 2019 (EU – PS4/Switch)[/TD]

Story
The self-proclaimed hero, Neptune, awakes in a familiar world, but has no recollection of anything other than her name. With the help of a mysterious girl named Chrome, as well as three other familiar faces beloved in the Neptunia™ series, Neptune embarks on a journey through the mysterious dimension to try to regain her memory.

Little do they know, the world they inhabit is under attack by an enemy who wants to take civilization back to the time where 2D reigns supreme.

Can Neptune and her friends save the world and 3D games as we know it, or will they be flattened into two dimensions forever?

Gameplay
New Me in 2D – Your favorite Goddesses jump from three dimensions to two! Artisan Studios and Compile Heart proudly present new, vibrant backgrounds and newly developed 2D animations hand drawn in this action-inspired side-scrolling RPG! With Artisan Studios and Tsunako collaborating to create new background and character art, fans and newcomers alike can see Gamindustri in a new 2D perspective.

Where You Lead, I Will Follow – With four Goddesses to rotate on-the-fly during battle, players can change their formation type and unleash devasting attack combos. Depending on which Goddess is leading the pack, players can strategize attacks from four different formations: Strike, Magic, Support and Heal!

Goddess 'bout to Break! – Strut your stuff and dish out your special Break Attack to ensure victory! Armed with their classic ability to transform, the Goddesses gain additional stat bonuses that enhance their attacks and lay waste to any enemy!

Put a +2 Str Ring On It – Strengthen your Goddesses by utilizing Skills and Abilities that can be unlocked with weapons, armor, or accessories! Strategically assign Skills and rearrange your abilities for each battle.

Screenshots

gIsusJ4.png
BoRu44S.png

Characters

Neptune
neptune.png

Noire
noire.png

Blanc
blanc.png

Chrom
chrom.png

Vert
vert.png

Kukei
kukei.png

Mai
mai.png

Firin
firin.png
/spoiler]

Surara
surara.png

If
if.png

Compa
compa.png

Artisan
artisan.png

-

Whipped up a thread as previous claimer abandoned and the game's been out for two days.

Last edited:

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Looks like Nep Nep style Valkyrie Profile i think i'll bite after i finish Bloodstained.

dedacc

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So this is the year VP style is making a comeback. Nice.

Shame that the people who own VP stopped making VP.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay on this one caught my attention with it's similarities to VP, but I remember hearing somewhere that the japanese release was full of bugs. Was that ever the case and if so did they fix those?

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Thanks for doing the thread, Kokonoe. Shit got busy unexpectedly, appreciate you throwing it up for anybody interested.

Sadly, the Switch version I have preordered seems like it suffers from terrible loading time, half a mind to just cancel and buy a Steam copy.

Shantae

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
It's nice to see at some people here enjoy these games. I felt like when the talk of the censorship was brought up, people were being really harsh on Nep Nep.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's nice to see at some people here enjoy these games. I felt like when the talk of the censorship was brought up, people were being really harsh on Nep Nep.

Yeah I'd rather the thread not go down that path. Just buy the games on the platforms you like I just wanna keep people informed before hand.

But yeah same I love this series I got into it 2ish years ago and it's been a real treat of humor and adorableness.

Thanks for doing the thread, Kokonoe. Shit got busy unexpectedly, appreciate you throwing it up for anybody interested.

Sadly, the Switch version I have preordered seems like it suffers from terrible loading time, half a mind to just cancel and buy a Steam copy.

No problem dude, life happens gotta take care of those responsibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
I saw the thread and wondered why my pre-order hadn't arrived but then realised it isn't out here until next Friday - I wonder why they put it out on Steam early?

The art style really looks fantastic.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I played it for a while yesterday on PC, not really a huge fan of it yet so far. The character models and animations during dialogue are nice, but the game itself just doesn't really feel like a Nep game to me. It feels like the developers (who I have no idea how they even got the license to make this in the first place since they haven't released anything else) were working on some other game and turned it into a Nep game during development. The platforming and general movement doesn't really feel that great, and the combat is just kinda spammy. I usually just fast forward everything since some of the animations take too long and you don't get much XP/money.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
The song in the trailer is gorgeous but everything else pretty much repels me. I'll check out of the OST or at least the full version of the song in the trailer.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last Neptune game (4 Goddesses Online) wasn't great, so I'm wary of what looks like another gimmicky spin-off rather than the more traditional JRPG style of VII. I'll still try it at some point of course, but still...

Only Nep spin-off I really enjoyed playing was the Noire one tbh.

Shantae

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Gamestop has failed me so hard, well maybe not completely, but they proved that their practice of taking preorders is fucking useless. I had a copy of this preordered for Switch, and it never arrived in the store, and it still hasn't.

Went to a different gamestop, and this location already had a used copy -_- Picked that up instead...oh yes, preordering was so useful.

Last edited:

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this artstyle looks great on my OLED.

Only played a bit so far, so I haven't had to do anything special during the battles yet, but I'm enjoying it.
Good to have a lot of English VA too, at least so far. Neptune's VA is clearly having fun with the fourth wall comments and talking to herself already lol

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I wish it were old style RPG low resolution... high definition with pin-puppet/bone based animation really throws me off :(
If the story is fun i might bite... just not right now.

Cuphead really broke me for high def 2D animation xD