• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
There's gonna be a nice BotW2 trailer in the Direct - maybe around 2-4 minutes long - that's gonna show us a lot of cool, new stuff. THEN, we'll get a nice, meaty Treehouse segment of it. I'm sure of this.

Spheromancer

Sep 24, 2020
ow the pessimism. What doesn't it feel right about BotW2?

If BotW2 isn't there after all this time, at least in the form of a short trailer and title drop, man they must be battening down the hatches, locking out comments on all platforms etc, cause the community just won't have it

I mean Id be fine with it. If it is a March release and they have a direct in like November just for the game, I dont see any issues with that besides impatience

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Just called up my GameStop and they confirmed they're not allowed to sell Nintendo Switches or Switch Lites until the 15th.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Sold

(I wish I was kidding)
I was crapping on 3D All Stars for the exact same reason, but I would be all over any collection that has MM...
Is that a new OoT Link model? Maybe just the TP Link.

I'm really surprised people don't recognise this render. They've been using it before TPHD even got announced. Heck, it's one of the profile icons on Switch. Didn't notice that?
This forum has spent years trying to convince that the N64 version of MM was the superior version (which is incorrect) so there shouldn't be any outrage about that

...right?
You under(over?)estimate ERA. There will be an outrage about anything. Though, I would be part of the outrage if they don't give us the 3DS version (assuming we'll ever get MM ported.) but I'd also probably buy it either way...

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
You can buy a Switch from the GameStop website. They're not selling them in stores? I find this strange to say the least.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everybody's always so concerned about Nintendo games overshadowing other Nintendo games as if the company didn't decide to announce fuckin' BotW2 two months before the Link's Awakening remake released.

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
You can buy a Switch from the GameStop website. They're not selling them in stores? I find this strange to say the least.
Yeah, it is weird. According to G*meXpl*in, all stores have been directed to not sell them until the 15th.

I called one local store and the employee said the same thing.

I'd ask others here to do the same just so maybe we could at least get more of a confirmation I guess

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
The outrage when all of this GameStop nonsense is for a special 35th anniversary standard switch is going to be hilarious

LuckyNumber69

Apr 30, 2021
Yes, call them up yourself and ask them if they've been told not to sell any Switches until the 15th.

Also page 420 blaze it
maxresdefault.jpg

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Everybody's always so concerned about Nintendo games overshadowing other Nintendo games as if the company didn't decide to announce fuckin' BotW2 two months before the Link's Awakening remake.

Yeah I don't understand the concerns here. BotW2 isn't releasing anywhere near July/August, and they aren't going to be heavily marketing it for a period of time after E3. Of course it's going to overshadow any interest in Skyward Sword in the duration of E3, but it's going to overshadow literally everything in the show for some people. Perhaps an exaggeration, but it feels like only way some people in here might be able to justify a BotW2 showing is if Nintendo gave it a 2+ month wide berth from any other releases.

Deleted member 43657

Banned
May 19, 2018
Yeah, it is weird. According to G*meXpl*in, all stores have been directed to not sell them until the 15th.

I'd ask others here to do the same just so maybe we could at least get more of a confirmation I guess
Just called one by me and they ran out of the regular Switch but did have two kinds of Switch Lite to sell.

switchum

Feb 3, 2020
I gotta say, a few weeks ago, I was super excited by the idea of a Switch Pro. Just as excited as I was for E3.

now I'm way more pumped for e3 and new games than for new hardware. I'm sure I'll get pumped once the switch pro is revealed, but for now, I'm totally overjoyed just to get new games.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Nate was here literally a few pages ago telling people that the Gamestop poster is just a promo and nothing else. Yet people are taking it as if something more is happening lol:
(sorry for having to quote you, Nate)

It's E3 week. Nintendo wants to sell hardware. They want pre-orders. GS wants to sell Zelda merch & they want in-store pre-orders. Nintendo partners with GS on these type of retailer promos often.

But it isn't an event. It's just a promo for a poster.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How Nate isn't annoyed af to having to keep repeating the same shit over and over with GameStop.

Zelda 35th being celebrated. Nothing whatsoever surprising about that.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I just accidentally sent money to the wrong account on Zelle. There goes 500 bucks.

goodbye-everyone-plankton-gif-1.gif

I choose to blame Joy-Con Drift.

Deleted member 63122

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
Nintendo has data that a celebratory event raises the sales of all titles of said series.
I'm sure a 35th confirmation and a BOTW2 trailer will help SS and other Zelda games in the console.

Aug 25, 2019
Just called up my GameStop and they confirmed they're not allowed to sell Nintendo Switches or Switch Lites until the 15th.
That's quite suspicious...
I agree. they won't overshadow skyward sword, they'll wait til september at least.
Skyward Sword is releasing more than a month after E3, plenty of time for marketing. Besides, a large part of the marketing has already been done, I believe.

I wonder if it's because of a revision. If so, we gotta hear about it VERY soon. Otherwise, I can't really think of a proper reason.
Switch is getting a Price drop at E3. Guarantee
300px-Creating_Bugs_Bunny%27s_%22No%22.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.