• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
wookiee

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
I was not a fan of the SM3DAS leak either last year. Emily initially just said that it would be a good year to be a Plimber which is more to my liking.
Yep! That's about my scope of what I can handle as well. When it gets out firm what it's going to be all that does is lead to disappointment because it's so hard for things to live up to your imagination. The speculation jumped immediately to thinking it'd be a full-on from the ground up remake of SM64 and that was never in the cards.

Agreed though for sure the teasing is much more fun than just outright leaking.

LoboRundas

Oct 25, 2017
I do think that leaks aren't that big of a deal. Announcements and these kinds of event are marketing from the companies in the end, and the only thing that will change is how they will present the stuff to it. Personally? I just take a look either way, because in the end I'm here for the games, not the surprises.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
So uh

Apparently it's not possible to get this score on this level? So maybe this is something?

Even if it's not it's the type of nonsense detective speculation I live for.

i-F8YhlXr_GzGAEcos6F02aXiKS8iBx-yTQYYSGz7bunc2nvaEZYrAR4_yXUej4ihnd0fuyh7Kk3J-5WAIt5OY3SZjhnevGLBRdh4ZjsPVwUAbNJxJNI1YDtJ3NIH1VhB80_RYdCPVwUTz6cF7XwQXVlJkl6QHMtn6E

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
But even 99 of those super rare collectibles people complain about just getting one of?
You can farm them. Just make sure not to kill the unique monster, and always use Riki's Yoink! Talent Art. I skip some of the unique monsters with rare items early on because I know they will disappear forever if I defeat them first.

I can't do much with quest-exclusive items and story-exclusive items.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
You can farm them. Just make sure not to kill the unique monster, and always use Riki's Yoink! Talent Art. I skip some of the unique monsters with rare items early on because I know they will disappear forever if I defeat them first.

I can't do much with quest-exclusive items and story-exclusive items.
I'm not talking about materials, I'm talking collectibles. Like the Ice Potato.

They also don't disappear forever, they just get a random chance of spawning after you've defeated them once.

Eira

Jun 3, 2021
Dont you think guys they can finish the show with a "see you next thursday for more exciting news" and still keeping their message about only software?

For Switch Pro revealing, i say.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
So uh

Apparently it's not possible to get this score on this level? So maybe this is something?

Even if it's not it's the type of nonsense detective speculation I live for.

how is he getting "6/23/2021" from "1222360"

Wouldn't it be 12/22/360
or if reversed, 06/32/221

I'd be more interested in the 96 lives

you know what happened in 96? The N64 came out

On... wait a minute... June 23...

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Dont you think guys they can finish the show with a "see you next thursday for more exciting news" and still keeping their message about only software?

They don't do that type of thing ever though.

They want the announcements in the direct to get attention, they don't want to get people right back into news hype mode.

Also I don't think they want people to be that excited about this to begin with, they know the announcement will harm sales of the current Switch. They probably want this to fly under the radar as much as possible.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So how bad are the leaks?

I'm gonna have to just leave the internet until Tuesday, am I? :(

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
how is he getting "6/23/2021" from "1222360"

Wouldn't it be 12/22/360
or if reversed, 06/32/221

I believe the idea is its a number anagram

there are a whole buncha possible permutations so it's a bit of a stretch, but it's still a bit weird if it's an impossible score

PaultheNerd

Dec 25, 2018

I can't imagine they want to show the switch pro right after showing off a bunch of software, they likely will wait about a month before showing it off at this point

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Like Bob Ross would say, happy trees.

The numbers are just coincidental / accidental, and not really meaningful.
I believe the idea is its a number anagram

there are a whole buncha possible permutations so it's a bit of a stretch, but it's still a bit weird if it's an impossible score
It's just an anagram.
The player has 96 lives

The N64 + Super Mario 64 came out June 23rd 1996

hmmmmm

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
So how bad are the leaks?

I'm gonna have to just leave the internet until Tuesday, am I? :(
There are no leaks at the moment, only one title got leaked (but you may have also stumbled upon this on Twitter or something, it was multiple leaks/teases). The only real thing to be aware of is brush on Reddit, but based on his own info and the history of his leaks those will come Sunday at the earliest, maybe even Monday or Tuesday right before the show.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I remember my friend was dating a guy at the time who just showed him Amiibos as gifts. Every new one that came out, his boyfriend gifted him one, even if he didn't play the series they were from. My friend ended up having nearly the entire Smash 4 Amiibo collection. I often would pick up one and ask my friend who this was and he wouldn't know.

Sadly for ProZD's grandman, there are people who don't know who Lucina is.

Plum

May 31, 2018
There are no leaks at the moment, only one title got leaked (but you may have also stumbled upon this on Twitter or something, it was multiple leaks/teases). The only real thing to be aware of is brush on Reddit, but based on his own info and the history of his leaks those will come Sunday at the earliest, maybe even Monday or Tuesday right before the show.

Hmm, OK. Well here's hoping that Reddit person doesn't fuck things up... I don't exactly have any faith that they won't, though.

Just seems extra scummy this year to leak announcements :(

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Hmm, OK. Well here's hoping that Reddit person doesn't fuck things up... I don't exactly have any faith that they won't, though.

Just seems extra scummy this year to leak announcements :(
I mean, this E3 won't be the most surprising one imo. This is also what Grubb implied, not those shocking big reveals, the question is more what H2 will look like for Nintendo and if things like DK/FE Remake materialize this year. Also, Twitter might not be the best place from Sunday on but even that we're not sure about. If you just stay in the Nintendo thread here you should be fine :)

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
So I just went to GameStop to pick up Ratchet & Clank and asked the manager while I was there if they "started the Zelda promotion yet where you get a free Zelda poster when purchase Zelda merchandise". He says it "probably won't start until sometime next week". But then he reaches into drawer and gives me the Zelda poster anyway along with my Ratchet game!

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
There's one thing hinting at announcements, but it's another thing to outright reveal everything that happens at the presentation hours before or even a day before.

Like I said if he continues to do this don't be surprised when Brushie gets caught by someone.

OP
OP
wookiee

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
So I just went to GameStop to pick up Ratchet & Clank and asked the manager while I was there if they "started the Zelda promotion yet where you get a free Zelda poster when purchase Zelda merchandise". He says it "probably won't start until sometime next week". But then he reaches into drawer and gives me the Zelda poster anyway along with my Ratchet game!
Sick! What does it look like?

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Did you just admit to a crime?

LoboRundas

Oct 25, 2017
Based if true

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
*nintendo ninjas activated*

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
So has anyone else started Game Maker Garage? I'm just starting, but please tell me you don't have to complete all 7 game maker tutorials before free creation is unlocked??

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
This got overlooked but I'm looking forward to trying out Sky: Children of the Light when it comes to Switch. Have they publicly acknowledge the Zelda items yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.