• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are you most excited about potentially seeing in the coming weeks?

• The Sequel to the Breath of the Wild

Votes: 468 36.0%
  • 3D Donkey Kong

Votes: 121 9.3%
  • Metroid 5

Votes: 176 13.5%
  • Pikmin 4

Votes: 31 2.4%
  • Fire Emblem

Votes: 43 3.3%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 119 9.2%
  • Switch Pro Hardware

Votes: 342 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't derail this thread into complaints about insiders

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Official Staff Communication
Hi everyone.

Can we please drop this metacommentary around insiders. there's less than 2 weeks to go, dates change, things get moved around at the last minute, and as Jason said earlier, some publishers are still finalising their E3 plans even now.

It does nobody any good to obsess about this stuff, and attempting to derail this thread into complaints about insiders will result in a ban. Thanks.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo has committed a grave sin by not announcing a product they haven't officially acknowledged at a time I personally saw fit.

They must repent by pressing the button to release Game Builder Garage early.

Well you know if they didn't announce it at this completely arbitrary time then they might as well not bother

stodesign12

Jul 21, 2020
Starting to doubt this "pro" existence being anything other than even more energy efficient hardware and an even better battery.
That could be the case according with the info we have. Newer and more efficient internals, the same power as the original Switch in portable mode, but compatible with a new dock that offers more power and 4k resolution, all thanks to a better USB C port.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
So with all the stuff pointing toward a new Metroid I kinda think it'd be super cool of Nintendo to give Metroid a proper stab at being their big game for the year. A 2D Metroid on a Nintendo home console hasn't happened since Super? So that's a big deal (I know the Switch is a hybrid deal but still, it's their home console).

I know Metroid isn't huge in Japan so the chances at that are slim but it'd show them putting faith in the game and that IP.
Metroid getting top billing for the year would make the years of nada worth it for me.

Ice to see you too

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
So with all the stuff pointing toward a new Metroid I kinda think it'd be super cool of Nintendo to give Metroid a proper stab at being their big game for the year. A 2D Metroid on a Nintendo home console hasn't happened since Super? So that's a big deal (I know the Switch is a hybrid deal but still, it's their home console).

I know Metroid isn't huge in Japan so the chances at that are slim but it'd show them putting faith in the game and that IP.
Yeah I think that's a good point.

And there was some interesting discussion recently on GVG/ NatetheHate about Nintendo possibly leaning too favorably on what performs well in Japan compared to what performs well in the west. I think they finally understand how important Metroid is though.

I hope.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone.

Can we please drop this metacommentary around insiders. there's less than 2 weeks to go, dates change, things get moved around at the last minute, and as Jason said earlier, some publishers are still finalising their E3 plans even now.

It does nobody any good to obsess about this stuff, and attempting to derail this thread into complaints about insiders will result in a ban. Thanks.

Thank you :)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What? Where did you get that from?
From Geoff. Square is the only one for certain doing an event.

www.resetera.com

E3 presentations announced for Square Enix (13th), Take Two and Capcom (14th), Bandai Namco (15th), Warner Bros. Games Back4Blood to be featured News

Just to set expectations here, while SQUARE has an event, I would not describe these others in the headline as the "presentations" you're imagining.

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
Yeah I think that's a good point.

And there was some interesting discussion recently on GVG/ NatetheHate about Nintendo possibly leaning too favorably on what performs well in Japan compared to what performs well in the west. I think they finally understand how important Metroid is though.

I hope.
Seems like they're funding Retro to really do a AAAA experience with Prime 4, they had some really talented hires. Unsure how much they're investing in this 2d one though....hopefully its stunning and has background/level design on par with tropical freeze.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

Cheers Red

OP
OP
wookiee

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
Metroid getting top billing for the year would make the years of nada worth it for me.
I think there's actually a decent chance at it this year. I tend to believe BotW 2 is 2022, Splatoon 3 is 2022, and we know really nothing else. So maybe this is the year they take a big swing at making Metroid a thing.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Something I don't hear discussed a whole lot but would be really nice is a "night mode" on the Switch that reduces the blue light like the Night Shift option on Apple devices. Would make playing Switch before bed a lot easier on the eyes.

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
Hi everyone.

Thank you.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Hey so the dooming sucks but it's mainly people complaining about the dooming which also sucks.

Maybe stir up some conversation to get it away from that and the dooming will naturally filter out?
Looks like it's time for another Random E3 Hype Game (TM)!

Which non- Nintendo presentations are you most excited for? For me, probably the PC showcase and Summer Game Fest for the indies

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Hi everyone.

Thanks! :)
From Geoff. Square is the only one for certain doing an event.

www.resetera.com

E3 presentations announced for Square Enix (13th), Take Two and Capcom (14th), Bandai Namco (15th), Warner Bros. Games Back4Blood to be featured News

Just to set expectations here, while SQUARE has an event, I would not describe these others in the headline as the "presentations" you're imagining.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for sharing

switchum

Feb 3, 2020
You know even if we don't see Switch Pro today, I'm still really hyped about yesterday's news. JUNE 15TH!!!

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Seems like they're funding Retro to really do a AAAA experience with Prime 4, they had some really talented hires. Unsure how much they're investing in this 2d one though....hopefully its stunning and has background/level design on par with tropical freeze.
Yeah totally.

It would be cool to see Prime 4 but I'm not sure if that's a reasonable expectation yet. It still might be too soon. But if those rumors about MercuryStream and "Metroid 5" are real, I'd be insanely excited. Hell, I'd love a Switch port of Samus Returns. I feel like not a lot of people got to play that.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Honestly we are a few weeks away with seeing a Switch Pro and perhaps some BoTW 2 along with it? Gets me hyped

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Hi everyone.

Thank you.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to Nate's prediction video. That's like the next big "scoop" of fun speculation to run through lol

phyl0x

Nov 30, 2020
I think there's actually a decent chance at it this year. I tend to believe BotW 2 is 2022, Splatoon 3 is 2022, and we know really nothing else. So maybe this is the year they take a big swing at making Metroid a thing.
Im still on team 2021 for BOTW2...they still dont have a HUGE fall game....and with Bloomberg and nintendo themselves saying they're going to have an insane year..theres gotta be soemthing else really big...and 2d metroid or even 2d DK isn't that.

Status
Not open for further replies.