• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
This straight from the newly launched Steam store page (credits to lashman ):
unknown.png

image0.png

Why would Bamco rate the game with PEGI (and ESRB) if they'd only plan to release it in South Asia?
2xd.gif

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Well damn, I wonder if they figured something out. It'd be cool if we could start getting them released officially here though maybe it the series in this one aren't so troublesome?

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
That's great news. It's so good that these games are getting translated in English now, getting a proper western release is the last step.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I wonder if it is only PC western release just like SD Gundam Cross Rays? Hopefully console as well, but just knowing it is coming West in some official capacity is awesome.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I wonder if it is only PC western release just like SD Gundam Cross Rays? Hopefully console as well, but just knowing it is coming West in some official capacity is awesome.
I mean this was revealed in a Japanese direct, it'd be weird for Nintendo to not have a deal for the first western release of the main series to release on its platform there too when it's already ported after the previous 2 western og releases were Nintendo exclusive even

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Huge news seeing this on western storefronts! Hopefully it happens with the console versions too (I don't expect it to) but you never know!

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I can see DLC sales being the big motivator to get this to finally happen. I hope it does happen though!

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wow. Play Asia in shambles.
I do wish people would place their preorders with a company that doesn't support and pander to GamerGate and the alt-right. Play-Asia don't even do you a good deal.

Anyway, on topic I expect this to be Steam-only, but we shall see.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I do wish people would place their preorders with a company that doesn't support and pander to GamerGate and the alt-right. Play-Asia don't even do you a good deal.

I mean this is the first main SRW release in the west you'd hope they'd release it on both consoles they've already ported it to! Plus the og duology on Gameboy advance happened

OP
OP
Knurek

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
It's a OG Game? Because the normal games are licence hell
Featured Series:
Super Electromagnetic Robot Combattler V
Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Z Gundam
Z-MSV
Mobile Suit Gundam Char's Counterattack
M-MSV
Mobile Suit V Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam NT (Narrative)
Heavy Metal L-Gaim
The Brave Police J-Decker
The King of Braves GaoGaiGar FINAL
The King of Kings: GaoGaiGar VS Betterman
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion III - Glorification
Code Geass Lelouch of the Re;surrection
Getter Robo Armageddon
Mazinger Z: Infinity
Mazinkaiser (INFINITISM)
Magic Knight Rayearth
Gun X Sword
Majestic Prince
Knight's & Magic
SSSS.GRIDMAN

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017

I specifically went with Yes Asia for T and Amazon for X for that reason. Probably going to do the same for V when I get around to that one.

I'm glad I won't even need to jump through those hoops for 30.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
• Premium Sound & Data Pack
- Includes 31 anime themes and soundtracks, 15 original songs, and 51 reference images. Songs will be game-sized cuts.
- Premium Sound & Data Pack Special Mission
Rewards the Topological Sight Enhancement Part, 100,000 credits, 1,000 PP, and 5,000 MxP.

This is the 105 dollar version.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I specifically went with Yes Asia for T and Amazon for X for that reason. Probably going to do the same for V when I get around to that one.

I'm glad I won't even need to jump through those hoops for 30.
I mean I won't if the switch release makes it… if not well
• Premium Sound & Data Pack
- Includes 31 anime themes and soundtracks, 15 original songs, and 51 reference images. Songs will be game-sized cuts.
- Premium Sound & Data Pack Special Mission
Rewards the Topological Sight Enhancement Part, 100,000 credits, 1,000 PP, and 5,000 MxP.

This is the 105 dollar version.
And the season pass if I remember right which is 18 units(4 being OG's) and a bunch of missions

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My kingdom for a SRW game with Eva, Geass, and Gurren Laggan in it. I don't like any other robot anime. Bamco Nandai pls. ;_;

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
This is very interesting. Sounds like something similar happened with Gundam Cross Rays, where it came to Steam but never consoles in the West.

The main thing making me hesitant right now is the PEGI rating. 7? Really?

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
On the one hand, I'm super excited this is getting a Western release. On the other hand, while I was in Taiwan, I tracked down a Switch cart of the English version of one of the games in the series (SRW T I think) and I haven't completed it yet and that game had more series that I recognize (Nadesico & Cowboy Bebop).

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Someone must've combed through all the precise nuances of what was or wasn't ceded in licensing agreements and found a way to argue that Steam was in the clear

Because otherwise what the actual hell