• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
Feels very likely that this celebration suffered from the pandemic, SRW is probably a low priority for Bamco too so they focused on bigger projects more. Hopefully we get a new mainline on, plus the T pc port to complete the trilogy in steam

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Feels very likely that this celebration suffered from the pandemic, SRW is probably a low priority for Bamco too so they focused on bigger projects more. Hopefully we get a new mainline on, plus the T pc port to complete the trilogy in steam
Yeah, COVID did a number on every industry in the world, sometimes with a delayed effect, so as much as I'd love a new SRT announcement , I'm trying to not be too much of an asshole about it.
(Says the guy whining ten posts earlier lol)

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Probably too soon for the recent changes with Macross to have any sort of impact to this?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't expect too much to change on that front, since I don't think Macross was standing in the way of SRW releases lately.
I'm probably putting too much weight on the coincidence that the games started having English translations right around the time Macross stopped being included.

Just in other areas like music/voice work we've seen licensing enforce rules within licensed territories, or prevent things from simply existing outright even if there was no intent to sell outside the licensed region, so I just assumed maybe that was the case here too.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bumping this because I finally finished Moon Dwellers after letting it rot for years in my backlog, and while I felt the game got kind of stale in the twenties, I liked it a lot in the end, and the new characters actually grew on me.
It's nice that they actually addressed Masoukishin plot points for all twelve people who played Coffin of the End, because I had kind of assumed they were gonna throw these in a ditch.

My biggest issue, and I know I'll complain about it the day we get OG3, is that the roster is huge and everyone is a veteran who's gone through their ultimate forms (except Banpreios obviously) so the power creep is kind of ridiculous and late game bosses are mostly sponges with events to prevent you from destroying them in a single turn. That was an issue I already had with 2nd to be fair, and I don't really know how you remedy that without soft rebooting everything after OG3.
I've started the Original Generations translation on the side, and it's such a fresh departure to have a more vanilla gameplay, particularly after MD and the VXT trilogy where you kinda blew shit up nonstop.

My favorite NG+ surprise in MD is that it adresses something that kept bothering me while playing it : it unlocks a shit ton of music tracks after you finish the game, essentially everything that was in 2nd. So you can play Victory or Hagane no Messiah on loop again, and give Gilliam Toki wo koete.

Oct 28, 2017
Bumping this because I finally finished Moon Dwellers after letting it rot for years in my backlog, and while I felt the game got kind of stale in the twenties, I liked it a lot in the end, and the new characters actually grew on me.
It's nice that they actually addressed Masoukishin plot points for all twelve people who played Coffin of the End, because I had kind of assumed they were gonna throw these in a ditch.

My biggest issue, and I know I'll complain about it the day we get OG3, is that the roster is huge and everyone is a veteran who's gone through their ultimate forms (except Banpreios obviously) so the power creep is kind of ridiculous and late game bosses are mostly sponges with events to prevent you from destroying them in a single turn. That was an issue I already had with 2nd to be fair, and I don't really know how you remedy that without soft rebooting everything after OG3.
I've started the Original Generations translation on the side, and it's such a fresh departure to have a more vanilla gameplay, particularly after MD and the VXT trilogy where you kinda blew shit up nonstop.

My favorite NG+ surprise in MD is that it adresses something that kept bothering me while playing it : it unlocks a shit ton of music tracks after you finish the game, essentially everything that was in 2nd. So you can play Victory or Hagane no Messiah on loop again, and give Gilliam Toki wo koete.

Honestly I think they should just fully wrap up the series at the next installment. Masoukishin is done, Alpha 2 is done, and I really don't think they should try to shoehorn in all the Z stuff. Just finish up Alpha 3, do like W or a few other series and just end the series with Kaisar Ephes and some of the giant stuff and wrap up the series for good. As you say the cast size is way too big.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think they should just fully wrap up the series at the next installment. Masoukishin is done, Alpha 2 is done, and I really don't think they should try to shoehorn in all the Z stuff. Just finish up Alpha 3, do like W or a few other series and just end the series with Kaisar Ephes and some of the giant stuff and wrap up the series for good. As you say the cast size is way too big.
Yeah, that's the point I've reached, I'd be fine with the OG series ending next installment. I just wish they ported the earlier entries to current hardware.

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
It seems there is now finally some info on Akai Masatoshi (AKA Red), who was formerly the producer of SRW DD.

youtu.be

【SDBH★時の界王神編1話】動き出した計画 時空を超えた最強戦士集結!【スーパードラゴンボールヒーローズ プロモーションアニメ】

***********************************************外出自粛要請が出ている地域の皆様には各自治体からの要請に従った行動をお願いします。ご来店の際はマスクを着用し、距離をとって遊ぶようにしてください。また、手洗いうがいをきちんとするようにご協力をお願いします。SDBH最新情...

He now serves as one of the producers for some Dragonball arcade game. (73s into the vid if the youtube timestamp ain't working).

IMO, kinda boring for being the guy who made Crossing Pilot happen.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
God damn this bump gave me some false hope :(

No, but we're definitely overdue as there was a new entry every year for like 10 years ending in 2021 with SRW30. SRW30 sold pretty well too iirc compared to prior entries so maybe they're restructuring to help grow it even more.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
God damn this bump gave me some false hope :(

No, but we're definitely overdue as there was a new entry every year for like 10 years ending in 2021 with SRW30. SRW30 sold pretty well too iirc compared to prior entries so maybe they're restructuring to help grow it even more.
There was no SRW in 2020, and a 2½ years gap between T and 30. Due of course to Covid and a mobile game also releasing in 2019.

I remember the series producers saying that Bamco made them focus on DD and 30 during Covid and that they would go back to OG next. If they intend to end the OG saga with the next game it could explain the long development time but a new game is likely coming next fiscal year.

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
I lost interest in OG, but I do wonder if Huckebein will appear as a playable unit, or better yet, appear in any promos.

Sotsu/Sunrise was being such a huge ass that Terada just went "fuck it, let's destroy all the Huckebein".

Edit: Oh yeah, Selena is already in OG. Might be the last game she'll ever in so I'll just skip everything in between if she'll play a major part (hopefully)

Last edited:

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
We got the OG Huckebein as a cameo in V plus it being the main unit in 30, DD Also has a remaining MKII, what ever problem they appeared to have with the Hucks is over, even then the Exbeins ar mostly Hukebains with a different hat or googles. Wish we could have gotten the Guarbein from THE INSPECTOR anime

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, I still hope that someday, while browsing the news, I'll see the announcement for an OGs + Gaiden + 2nd OGs collection, in the ramp up to a new OG.

This is absolutely unrealistic but man, I'd love that. Like these 3 games probably have my favorite storyline and soundtrack.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, I still hope that someday, while browsing the news, I'll see the announcement for an OGs + Gaiden + 2nd OGs collection, in the ramp up to a new OG.

This is absolutely unrealistic but man, I'd love that. Like these 3 games probably have my favorite storyline and soundtrack.
Also Moon Dwellers with a good translation please

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
Going through Alpha 3 and I miss these crisp, brief animation attacks.. not too long but just right when it comes to the length of the animation.

Oct 28, 2017
Echoing this 100%. Attack animations for 30 and the VTX games are mostly just fine... until you get to final moves. The ones you spam for like 75% of the game, which reach FF8 degrees of ridiculous length.

I don't know how to fix this, or if it even should be fixed. From a gameplay perspective playing the game with full animations is an experience so painful it borders on watching paint dry. On the other hand it's like the charm of SRW.

If there a SRW player who actually watches all the animations without skipping speak up because you deserve a medal.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Echoing this 100%. Attack animations for 30 and the VTX games are mostly just fine... until you get to final moves. The ones you spam for like 75% of the game, which reach FF8 degrees of ridiculous length.

I don't know how to fix this, or if it even should be fixed. From a gameplay perspective playing the game with full animations is an experience so painful it borders on watching paint dry. On the other hand it's like the charm of SRW.

If there a SRW player who actually watches all the animations without skipping speak up because you deserve a medal.

I watch them a few times but then skip them for the most part. I always do it manually and don't turn them off, though.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
I don't think I skipped a single one on V, but I always used R2 to speed up the animations.

Some attacks like Mazinger Big Bang Punch were really too long though I agree.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
I alternatively either skip them or speed them up, unless there is a cool interaction like versus bosses or rivals.
I agree that some animations get to long for how much you use them, even the ones I like get boring after a while. Going back the the Alpha 3 compassion compare something simple like a Beam rifle shot, in @3 they just rise the rifle and shoot in one motion, on the newer games they would shot multiple times while flying around. 30 even adds a black screen and a little animation for the unit preparing the attack, it all adds up.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going through SRW MX and it's so strange.. the originals Hugo and Aqua don't have pre-battle dialogue on series villains whereas everyone else does. What's the deal?