• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Implying it's not a global version of X-Omega.

Seriously. This would be the perfect time to announce and release it outside Japan due to all the huge changes in the upcoming version such as animations and an actual SRW-type map.

http://srw-x.suparobo.jp/anniversary/

And we'll all sit here laughing and crying.

Last edited:

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Aaaand SRWV is complete. Good game, can't wait for the announcement on December 11th. Guess I could I go back and finish Moon Dwellers while I wait.

As for localization, I don't need a bunch of dated pop culture references in my SRW games.

CountZero

Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
Pacific Rim, let's go.

Oh hell yeah. Considering that they also try to get music from the relevant properties, this might lead to Tom Morello's first musical appearance in a JRPG.

I wouldn't mind seeing LaGrange Flower of Rin-ne get a more prominent presence in the game, aside from the one-time event for X-Omega.

I'd love to see Victor Ireland get a crack at it. Maybe Summon Night got him enough rep at Bamco? Now that'd be a coup.

Me too. I've wanted to see the SRW games get an official US localization for a long time - and I would love for this game to be the game where that happens.

As a side question - what shows would you think would be the most unlikely shows to end up in SRW? I think the rights issues with Harmony Gold have become enough of an issue (what with the court case between Harmony Gold and Tatsunoko that until they are 100% settled in Big West and Tatsunoko's favor.

I did a quick International trademark search, and I believe Harmony Gold hold the trademark for "Macross" for the US and the EU, but it appears that Big West is fighting them on this trademark, and is pushing to get the International trademark for Macross.

Other than that, it would be cool if Iron Man & War Machine showed up from the Madhouse Marvel anime - but probably not.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I think that as long as Bandai Namco is trying to localize these games for outside Japan we won't be seeing any Macross series showing. Which sucks.

Blade Break and Vision of Escaflowne would be cool to see. And G-Reco.

Nov 3, 2017
Some minor SRW V spoilers for the final stage

Holy shit, I can't believe the final boss has personalised lines for what seems to be every fucking character in the game. I attacked her first with Might Gaine, and when she said something Gaine specific, I thought maybe they recorded lines for the main characters or maybe it was a voice actor in joke. Then she had a line for Marida Cruz and I was shocked, since she's a supporting character. And then she had a line for fucking Ple of all people, and I was jumping out of my seat.

This fucking game man. I can't believe I was down on it when it was first announced

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle

Holy shit, I can't believe the final boss has personalised lines for what seems to be every fucking character in the game. I attacked her first with Might Gaine, and when she said something Gaine specific, I thought maybe they recorded lines for the main characters or maybe it was a voice actor in joke. Then she had a line for Marida Cruz and I was shocked, since she's a supporting character. And then she had a line for fucking Ple of all people, and I was jumping out of my seat.

This fucking game man. I can't believe I was down on it when it was first announced

I didn't get custom lines for Riddhe and Jerid, or any dialogue at all, but did for everyone else I used for that last mission. Very cool.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Haven't touch Moon Dwellers since August 2016 and was gonna start it, but there's a 6 GB update to download first. Anyone know what it entails?

CountZero

Oct 25, 2017
Oregon
I ordered Super Robot Wars V from Play Asia last week - it hasn't shipped yet, but hopefully it will get here in time for Christmas.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
SUPER ROBOT WARS X
PS4/PSVITA
March 29, 2018

Mazinger Z
Dunbine
Cross Ange
CCA
Daitarn 3
Gundam F91
Geass
Gundam ZZ
Mazinger Zero
Zeta Gundam
Gurren Lagann
Mightgaine
Crossbone Gundam
Gundam Wing Endless Waltz
Wings of Rean
Mazinkaizer
Beltorchika's Children
G Reco
Buddy Complex
Nadia
Wataru

Last edited:

HarlanRyudo

Oct 25, 2017
SUPER ROBOT WARS X
PS4/PSVITA
March 29, 2018

Mazinger Z
Dunbine
Cross Ange
CCA
Daitarn 3
Gundam F91
Geass
Gundam ZZ
Mazinger Zero
Zeta Gundam
Gurren Lagann
Mightgaine
Crossbone Gundam
Gundam Wing Endless Waltz
Wings of Rean
Beltorchika's Children
G Reco
Buddy Complex
MISSED ONE STREAM CRAPPED OUT
Wataru?

AHHHHHHH.
Wataru is a classic one, surprised it made it in.

Cybuster was also shown off.

DUNBINE AND GURREN LANGANN MAKES ME SO HAPPY.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Seeing all the recycled stuff is disappointing, but that's never stopped me from getting these games. HYPE UP.

Loving Hi-Nu and Mazinkaiser but it's weird when we finally get those there's no Shin Getter.

HarlanRyudo

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Bandai Namco SEA was talking about this presentation in English on Twitter, so I bet it's getting localized.

If the data can be loaded from SRWV, does this mean it's a sequel to V?

If this is the case, this will be the first time they've done a sequel that's used a different letter designation than the previous connected game.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
If the data can be loaded from SRWV, does this mean it's a sequel to V?

If this is the case, this will be the first time they've done a sequel that's used a different letter designation than the previous connected game.

Dunno.

I know it's a series staple, but so many reused assets from V.

I created a new thread in Gaming, too. Figured more people would see that thread.

Last edited:

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa. That series list looks good (I'm already missing Yamato though) and smells of a V sequel. Was V a new series all along?

HarlanRyudo

Oct 25, 2017
V was a new series for sure. They wrapped that game up pretty well but we'll see if X ties in, I guess.

Based solely on that trailer intro, it looks like everyone is getting pulled into another world (which is pretty much the plotlines for Dunbine, Wataru, and Cybuster)

If this is connected to V, then just all the series that were in V probably got pulled into this new world. I'm guessing here.

Deleted member 279

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah. I love how I waited 10 plus years for these games and now I have 4 of them to play ( OGMD, G Gen, V, X)

Ive been playing OGMD and im seriously hoping we get another

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
Personally i'm hoping for Escaflowne or Rayearth as a newcomer series.

Little Witch Academia's inclusion in X Omega gives me hope.

Wha... LWA?... I haven't watched the show, but I wasn't aware it might feature some SRW-worthy equipment...
Then again, the games have covered the likes of Keroro Gunso and Crayon Shin-chan on account of secondary details and episodes, I should be surprised...

Minky Momo and Re:Creators when?...

If there are specific lines for Mondo and Iino then I'll be surprised, those guys were in my pilot pool and I only noticed them by the time I had more mechs than pilots and figured I'd revise assignments...

hypertails

Oct 25, 2017
The english asian release is on April 26th, which is a little disappointing considering V was a simultaneous launch, but at least all the secrets should be out before I start playing.

Ive been playing OGMD and im seriously hoping we get another

Considering the og units in alpha 3 and W, I'd be way more excited for a 3rd OG than a new licensed game, for sure.

Nov 3, 2017
As always, I'm disappointed with how few female led series are in the game, but that's due to the dearth of female protagonists in mecha anime in general.

That said, this seems like a pretty cool list. Should be fun seeing all the Mazin shenanigans, and Gurren Lagann is always a fun add. Fucking Nadia is such an out of left field addition, does that show have robots, or is it just battleships like Yamato?

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone that's been waiting for a sale for the English version of Moon Dwellers - it's currently 40% off on PSN (Singapore & Malaysia).