• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Hopefully the only ones that matter. Is there a guide to game stats anywhere? I don't really know if I'm allocating properly or what they all do, and I don't think V has a manual.

I just allocated them as I felt like it. As the game progresses you get enough points to spread them around and I honestly just focused on units that I liked.

If you're really worried check here:
http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/V

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally played stage 42 of SRW V, I love how they've adapted what's probably my favorite Yamato episode.

I tried soloing it with the Yamato and getting the SR point, but I had to move on other units at turn 4 to secure the SR point. Still, Okita scored 45 kills on that map. That's the first time in the game I feel I've pushed the Yamato to its limits, it's ridiculously broken (I should get Okita some E Save and B Save for more fun).

Looking forward to that showdown in the Rainbow Cluster!

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have any speculation as to what the plot of SRW X is going to be?

I mean I think we've all figured Nadia is going to be the central point of the game, like Space Battleship Yamato. But what other plot or plot elements do you guys think will be used in the game?

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.

PV2 for SRWX. Only video I could find, if someone has the official one you can put it up.
My thoughts:
-The OGs have some awesome effects.
-Mazinkaiser doesn't look as awesome and powerul as ZERO.
- The gundams look FANTASTIC. F91 and Hi-Nu especially.

HarlanRyudo

Oct 25, 2017
Whee Hi-Nu!

Some dimension hopping is definitely at play, although exactly how much of the story is going towards one specific part is the question. A good amount of the series is a fantasy type setting, although the ones that aren't, there are some big differences that might add at least two more to the mix.

Gundams would be a modern/real world setting. Mazinger storyline could be put in that world or they could possibly split off him and the other super robots into their own dimension (MightGaine). For some reason, I don't think they'd do that, since the main story plot of Dunbine, Wataru, and Cybuster is that the MCs are transported to the fantasy world from real world Earth.

Gurren is the one I'm more curious about. It's set in a post apocalyptic setting, but I think that's the only one? It probably won't take place in the real world setting, but it would probably have to be rejiggered to fit into a fantasy one. I'm more inclined to believe they would be put in a separate setting.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Whee Hi-Nu!

Some dimension hopping is definitely at play, although exactly how much of the story is going towards one specific part is the question. A good amount of the series is a fantasy type setting, although the ones that aren't, there are some big differences that might add at least two more to the mix.

Gundams would be a modern/real world setting. Mazinger storyline could be put in that world or they could possibly split off him and the other super robots into their own dimension (MightGaine). For some reason, I don't think they'd do that, since the main story plot of Dunbine, Wataru, and Cybuster is that the MCs are transported to the fantasy world from real world Earth.

Gurren is the one I'm more curious about. It's set in a post apocalyptic setting, but I think that's the only one? It probably won't take place in the real world setting, but it would probably have to be rejiggered to fit into a fantasy one. I'm more inclined to believe they would be put in a separate setting.
If there are dimension shenanigans are in again, I suspect Gurren Lagann will be in the fantasy setting. Maybe just on a separate continent or something?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to see they're keeping up with that trend of awesome animation for Mobile Suits. Kamille's ultimate and Amuro's Nu version of the Last Shooting were so awesome.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
I'm finally going through SRW V, am I missing a game or does V just really assume you know the backstory of some of the shows? Was I really supposed to know the Celestial Being fought against PLANT with the Archangel crew?

Edit: Plant not Orb

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Moon Dwellers battle animation looks a lot better and provides more of a challenge than V

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I'm finally going through SRW V, am I missing a game or does V just really assume you know the backstory of some of the shows? Was I really supposed to know the Celestial Being fought against PLANT with the Archangel crew?

The game does to some extent assume you're familiar with the shows, but the bolded is a bunch of stuff they made up for the game. Gundam 00 (Celestial Being) and SEED (PLANT and Archangel) aren't related outside the game.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.

V really does feel like a sequel to game that never happened, particularly the AD world( the one with Nadesico, SEED and 00). It's really weird, but I guess they didn't want the team to be so unfamiliar with each other lol

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
The game does to some extent assume you're familiar with the shows, but the bolded is a bunch of stuff they made up for the game. Gundam 00 (Celestial Being) and SEED (PLANT and Archangel) aren't related outside the game.

Yeah I know. I'm familiar with most of the backstories, at least as far as Real Robot shows go (except Cross Ange), but it just feels weird for the game to treat the story as if the player is in the know lol.

Its not going to make me stop playing the game or anything, but its just odd.

V really does feel like a sequel to game that never happened, particularly the AD world( the one with Nadesico, SEED and 00). It's really weird, but I guess they didn't want the team to be so unfamiliar with each other lol

Yeah, I guess letting the player connect the dots is better than going through "hey I never met you before!" with every team, considering the other dimension/timeline shenanigans.

I do find odd that they chose to put Full Metal Panic in the Evangelion/UC world, when it feels like it would fit better in the other world with Seed/00/Nadesico

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017

Srw games have been doing this for a while and also have been kind of fixing stuff about the story people didn't like in the anime lol. A lot of people thought srw fixed a lot of stuff in seed Destiny

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Srw games have been doing this for a while and also have been kind of fixing stuff about the story people didn't like in the anime lol. A lot of people thought srw fixed a lot of stuff in seed Destiny

Yup, SRW Z was a good one lol

I guess its just that this is the first time I can fully understand the game. Been playing SRW since SRW4 on the Super Famicon, didn't know what Spirit Commands were for until a friend pointed them out to me lol.

My favorite SRW moment is still the utter disbelief the Eva pilots had when you beat one of the Angels with the Reinforce Jr. (the battle happens in South Ataria, and you need to stop the angel from reaching the SDF Macross)

Edit: That scene is from SRW Alpha on the PSX/DC

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Yup, SRW Z was a good one lol

I guess its just that this is the first time I can fully understand the game. Been playing SRW since SRW4 on the Super Famicon, didn't know what Spirit Commands were for until a friend pointed them out to me lol.

My favorite SRW moment is still the utter disbelief the Eva pilots had when you beat one of the Angels with the Reinforce Jr. (the battle happens in South Ataria, and you need to stop the angel from reaching the SDF Macross)

Edit: That scene is from SRW Alpha on the PSX/DC
Hahaha didn't that get you a bonus for that SR point too? That was a funny stage.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Leaks for the JP version of X have started. The battle demo(with BGM) is floating around on YouTube.

So so happy O2 is back for Geass and the Mazinkaiser theme got in.

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
Some people are streaming the game on twitch if any one is interested. Man I really wish they mad the Premium sound of the game in English version. I'll pay more for it lol

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Some people are streaming the game on twitch if any one is interested. Man I really wish they mad the Premium sound of the game in English version. I'll pay more for it lol
Going to try to hold out on story spoilers for a month as hard as it'll be. Attack animations are fair game for me though. No way I'll resist those.

And yeah having all vocal songs in and organised would be great. Guess custom BGM will have to do again.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I'm burning through OGMD in preparation for SRW X, and I realized that it's been a long time since the ATX team got any love. Ariel is a charmer, but is it unrealistic to expect another upgrade for Alteisen and Weissritter?

I have a soft spot for both units because OG2 (GBA) was my first game in the series, so it's a bit of a bummer to see them get left in the dust. Hell, Weissritter doesn't even have a DK.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
I'm burning through OGMD in preparation for SRW X, and I realized that it's been a long time since the ATX team got any love. Ariel is a charmer, but is it unrealistic to expect another upgrade for Alteisen and Weissritter?

I have a soft spot for both units because OG2 (GBA) was my first game in the series, so it's a bit of a bummer to see them get left in the dust. Hell, Weissritter doesn't even have a DK.
If we are getting a new OG game next year, they should hopefully get reanimated at least. Them getting actual new or upgraded mechs is over-wishful thinking tbh. Alt actually got reanimated quite a bit in 2ndOGS so there's hope at least. Weiss really needs it.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Btw everyone, preloading for those who pre-ordered from the Singapore PSN went live a few hours ago. Game is only abou 7 gb but if you have slow internet, you might want to start it up about now.

Annoyinmous

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Hey guys first post here, I was wondering about something. I want to start SRW V but I'm worried about FMP novel spoilers, does V cover the whole novels and will it spoil the new FMP anime?

OP
OP
squall23

squall23

Oct 25, 2017

I know it's late but I got some bad news for you.

1. OG is entering the Alpha 3 storyline where Kusuha, Bullet, Ryusei, and Touma (plus other characters) are going to be taking the spotlight.

2. The VA for Excellen passed away a few months prior to Moon Dwellers's release. Knowing Japan, it's going to be a long while (if ever) before her VA gets replaced. Here's Kyosuke's VA's eulogy about her. They'll just keep reusing her lines like Captain Bright and Haran Banjou.

Last edited:

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I know it's late but I got some bad news for you.

1. OG is entering the Alpha 3 storyline where Kusuha, Bullet, Ryusei, and Touma (plus other characters) are going to be taking the spotlight.

2. The VA for Excellen passed away a few months prior to Moon Dwellers's release. Knowing Japan, it's going to be a long while (if ever) before her VA gets replaced. They'll just keep reusing her lines like Captain Bright and Haran Banjou.
Thanks for the reply. Any and all information is appreciated, especially when it comes to a niche series like SRW.

I'm not a big fan of Ryusei or the other Nendo users, but I've been a fan of the Alpha 3 OGs since people uploaded MADs on Youtube. HD Dis Astranagant sounds like a dream come true.

Deleted member 279

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have such an intense love for this series but I've only stuck to the officially and fan translated games.

For like... 10+ years I played the games sooooo slowly because I didn't want to finish one and have to wait years for another.

Even doing that, I managed to replay most.

Now that we're on our third official game in such a "short" time period, It's taking me so long to catch up because I'm playing them in spurts like I'm so used to.

I literally have not decided to stop playing OGMD yet and I've been picking it up off and on for over a year now.

I still have to smash through V before I get X and by the time that happens, a new game will be out (fingers crossed).

Life is good for a SRW fan.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hey all, quick question: I bought Super Robot Wars V for my Vita, thinking that all of the copies had English subs...but I actually got the Japanese version, not the Southeast Asia edition with the subs. Can I patch the English subs into my JP version of the game?