• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Chat feels like I'm in the United Nations, there is at least six different languages in there.

Its pretty cool actually.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
SRW V: Behold, Yamato! Robots are kinda optional, ya'know?

SRW X: Here's the last 3 episodes fo Nadia and the Secret of Blue Water - it's not what the series is about, it's how you're about it.

SRW T: Hold my beer! *presents Cowboy Bebop, Captain Harlock and Magic Knight Rayearth*

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
Devilman in a SRW game (DD) and it's on mobile...

Oh well, X Omega got a lot of interesting debuts too...

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least they are taking a note from fire emblem heroes and are actually making the game play like an SRW game.

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
I was going "ok, ok, ok, nice, we're not going super OP Mazinger this time".

Then I saw we're getting Hi Nu again (I hope they let use MEPE on F91 this time even if it doesn't include F91 proper)

Then I saw G Gundam. Fuck, let's get this shit on!

Then Rakuen Tsuihou! Angela! Give me some ball robot action.

Then Captain Harlock (though I don't think anyone will be able to fill the hole that Yamato left. ESPECIALLY due to Okita Tactics/沖田戦法)

Then Rayearth!

Nice line up.

Though on the other hand, someone please tell me that that is from Rayearth Season 1 and not Season 2. The giant shield is putting me off.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
I was going "ok, ok, ok, nice, we're not going super OP Mazinger this time".

Then I saw we're getting Hi Nu again (I hope they let use MEPE on F91 this time even if it doesn't include F91 proper)

Then I saw G Gundam. Fuck, let's get this shit on!

Then Rakuen Tsuihou! Angela! Give me some ball robot action.

Then Captain Harlock (though I don't think anyone will be able to fill the hole that Yamato left. ESPECIALLY due to Okita Tactics/沖田戦法)

Then Rayearth!

Nice line up.

Though on the other hand, someone please tell me that that is from Rayearth Season 1 and not Season 2. The giant shield is putting me off.
Rayearth season 2 is much more mech focused, I can see why they may have gone with that than Season 1.

But we don't know until we see more gameplay.

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit Cowboy Bebop? I mean... it looks great and all but did it really have a whole lot of mechs to even use?

I'm glad we got GunXSword for real this time but the animations aren't really impressing me here.

Also as much as I like Getter Armageddon can we please stop using this series so I don't have to fight like 5 billion fucking invaders again? Like can we just collectively purge this entire enemy faction from the game? They're so boring and overused now.

I was kinda hoping this would be IBO or Thunderbolt's turn though. Sucks cause it seems like Thunderbolt and IBO would be great additions to a game about dwindling resources and crap like that; it seems kinda odd given that there's alot of deep space-faring series included this time.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if in the new game they'll bother to give us shining gundam or if its just going to start in the second half with god gundam.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Good News! It appears SRW V has sold really well.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-03/playstation-awards-2018-winners-announced/.140284

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia (SCEJA) hosted and live-streamed the PlayStation Awards 2018 in Japan on Monday. The annual award ceremony has been held since 1995.
The winners are as follows: (all winners are for PlayStation 4 only unless otherwise stated)

Gold Prize
This prize was awarded to games that have shipped more than 500,000 units (including downloads) in Asia.

• Super Robot Wars V (PS4/Vita)
  • Winning Eleven 2018
  • Gran Turismo Sport
  • Call of Duty WWII
  • God of War
  • Jikkyō Powerful Pro Yakyū 2018 (PS4/Vita)
  • Marvel's Spider-Man

Apparently Its sold over 500,000 units, which is on par with the Alpha series.

Southeast Asia is saving the franchise.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wondering if the Asia PS4/Switch releases will get Premium Sound versions (guessing no).

It is a huge bummer the Switch version won't let you have custom soundtracks.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably skipping the switch version because of custom soundtracks tbh, that was such a great feature. I usually bought PS4 digital and Vita physical, I'll just get PS4 digital this time.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Hol up! I forgot We can't have custom soundtracks on Switch dammit.

Oh well PS4 it is then. Maybe I'll double dip but not immediately given that March will already be crazy tight for money.

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
SRW DD is having a close beta and their are some videos on YouTube. Looking pretty good from what I see and the animations are looking good too. Getting pretty excited about the game.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hol up! I forgot We can't have custom soundtracks on Switch dammit.

Oh well PS4 it is then. Maybe I'll double dip but not immediately given that March will already be crazy tight for money.
Really is little or no excuse in this case for the JP cart to not have english on it and available like other Switch releases. At least in that case you could play the premium sound edition in english.

Probably a long shot though.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Really is little or no excuse in this case for the JP cart to not have english on it and available like other Switch releases. At least in that case you could play the premium sound edition in english.

Probably a long shot though.
I'm deffo not getting a physical copy(import costs are crazy where I live) so I doubt that would work either lol. I hope one day they'll have digital premium sound versions.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
SRW DD is having a close beta and their are some videos on YouTube. Looking pretty good from what I see and the animations are looking good too. Getting pretty excited about the game.
At least it plays similar to SRW game. My only issue with it is that alot of the attacks are behind gacha.