• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I went through my emails and this is what I paid for preorders with Play Asia for the SEA English versions...

SRWX $62.99 (steelbook)
SRWV $58.99

Don't know if it's PA or BNSEA but someone is jacking their prices.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
You had me at MKRayearth. Harlock got you a pre-order first chance I get.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
If the OG characters in T are office workers, I guess they'll be the Daiguard counterparts in the OG verse?
It's still odd that with such a large cast there are still no clear OG "bards" that would serve as counterparts to to the likes of Nekki Basara from Macross 7 or Mick Saunders from GaoGaiGar...

The part in the trailer about the support NPCs was intriging - I'm curious to see what gameplay relevance the likes of Mokona and Ed will bring to the table.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Do you want Japanese text or something? These games are Japanese audio with English text. I doubt BN has ponied up to hire English VAs.
No, what the tweet was alluding to was that the English text can only be found in the SEA versions. Which is fine, but if you go that route there will not be a premium sound version because those songs can't leave Japan. Which is also fine if you get the PS4 version because of custom soundtracks, however if you want the Switch version there are no custom soundtracks presumably because of Nintendo policies and fears over hacking etc.

I'm ok with getting on with the JP version if I want the game portable, I've done it for nearly every other game in the series I've played, I just rather have my cake and eat it too, and hate seeing restrictions for restrictions sake. The best case scenario was if the switch cart allowed for language switching since so many other JP releases do this and it's not like the english script doesn't exist at the time of the JP release, but I guess that isn't possible for some other silly reason.

JoeyJungle

Oct 27, 2017
How's buying on the foreign eshop work? I was able to buy the last one on the singapore PSN by setting up a singapore paypal (super weird experience, they ask for your singapore ID number, I just put in a random 10 digit number and it let me create it), do I need to do anything similar for the eshop?

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
How's buying on the foreign eshop work? I was able to buy the last one on the singapore PSN by setting up a singapore paypal (super weird experience, they ask for your singapore ID number, I just put in a random 10 digit number and it let me create it), do I need to do anything similar for the eshop?
This dude has a guide for setting up an foreign eshop account

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...he_nintendo_switch_eshop_for_multiple_regions

Setup should be the same with any other region.

As far as paying is concerned, if your Singapore Paypal worked on PSN it should work here.

JoeyJungle

Oct 27, 2017

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if my copy will ship early. I remember some people getting their SRW X early last year when they preordered.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to bump.

Just a quick request for help from those of you who'll know better than I could, but seeing as this is releasing fairly soon I've been thinking it'd be best to avoid importing anything to the UK from now on (for obvious reasons) so does anyone know which region of the PS Store would be best to use for buying the Asian english version of the game for PS4 digitally? I've tried using google but it's been offering no help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated so thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Saphirax

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to bump.

Just a quick request for help from those of you who'll know better than I could, but seeing as this is releasing fairly soon I've been thinking it'd be best to avoid importing anything to the UK from now on (for obvious reasons) so does anyone know which region of the PS Store would be best to use for buying the Asian english version of the game for PS4 digitally? I've tried using google but it's been offering no help.

Singapore or Malasyia. Both have the English version for preorder.

ChairMan

Oct 25, 2017

Sounds like SEA Switch imports won't get any of the preorder bonuses or DLC missions? Unless it means that they're redeemable/downloadable on another region and carry over to the SEA release.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to bump.

Indonesia is the cheapest and it should contain Asian English version

jrpl

Nov 20, 2017

Sounds like SEA Switch imports won't get any of the preorder bonuses or DLC missions? Unless it means that they're redeemable/downloadable on another region and carry over to the SEA release.

That's kinda lame, no DLC. I thought they would do what they did for Taiko. Update the JP version with EN subs, which made all the DLC available too. Oh well, game has a lottttttta DLC too

JoeyJungle

Oct 27, 2017
Wait there's no SEA eshop? I just tried making a Singapore account and got a message saying eshop wasn't available in my region, changed to Indonesia and same thing.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Would seem that way, at least with the launch version of the JP version. On the JP eshop site it says SRWT only has JP language, maybe they patch somewhere down the road who knows
Thanks. I was mostly wondering if it had been announced for future release in the west, but I guess not.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
Apparently some stores have broken release date and the game is out in the wild, so there have been some spoilers running around, most of which is just attacks for units we already know are in from the trailers but there is also some interesting plot related thing.
Just leting the ones that realy care about it to be careful when searching for the game.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I just saw the animation for one of Spike's attacks and it's preeeetty good. I'll hide it in some spoilers for those interested.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Would seem that way, at least with the launch version of the JP version. On the JP eshop site it says SRWT only has JP language, maybe they patch somewhere down the road who knows

Just want to add more info into this. The Asian Switch version is separated from JP version. If you buy the Asian English version on the Switch, you won't be able to download any DLC since there is no Switch eshop for South East Asia region.

KdnJAjL_d.jpg

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Where would be the cheapest place to buy SGD PSN credit?
Direct conversion for me would put it at 7500 yens and physical at PA is at 8600 + shipping.

I'd rather not have to create a PayPal account.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
I just saw the animation for one of Spike's attacks and it's preeeetty good. I'll hide it in some spoilers for those interested.

Jesus Christ that's slick. Glad I decided to cave and preorder a copy last night. No DLC is a bummer but I really just wanted it portably so oh well.

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
Had to buy four 20sgd cards from playaisa because all the sgd cards are sold out lol. I can't do physical copy's of these games no more. I don't have the patience. Pretty excited about T I didn't really care of X that much and liked V a lot.